Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I love last minute goals, I was rooting for Man City earlier but I didn’t even celebrate that goal, I had a feeling they’d check it and rule it out for something. It’s the correct decision, but VAR as it is currently will ruin the game. 

Same here. 

The joy of a late minute goal is gone now. 

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm sure Sky aren't all that happy about Martin Tyler's pre-rehearsed commentary being ruined. On the other hand, I think it's hilarious.

Funnily enough you have probably nailed the single biggest chance of this disgusting thing being banished from the game. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

People will never get used to the jubilation of celebrating a last minute minute and seeing it brought back for something so innocuous. 

You'd be surprised at what a bit of time can do. People will adapt as they always did.

I do agree that it's a kill joy at the moment though.

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Brilliant point. 

I agree - but anyone could've told you that long before it started.

I hate it. 

And yes, I like honest mistakes and the miscarriages of justice that have always happened pre VAR. Mistakes are reflective of real life, are character building and create legend, myth, controversy etc

It’s  a goal ..  celebrate !! ....    VAR ...   gives it ...   celebrate again !!!   Brilliant !!   ....     VAR doesn’t give it ..   other team celebrates !!  ....   sounds much more fun to me ! ...    and eliminates bad decisions and fookin cheating !! ...   good by me ! ..   :thumbup:

The problem started when we allowed slow motion replay. We either accept a game that allows for human error or not.

VAR is nothing more than an answer to us being unwilling to accept inconsistency and human nature. Perfection is human nature.

Anal retentionists and control freaks are ruining everything. :plancque:

I'm not sure why there is so much being made of the disallowed goal, to the letter of the new laws (rightly or wrongly) the goal should have been disallowed, as it was.

What I think we should be discussing is how and why VAR didn't look at the Man City penalty appeal, for me there is no question, it was a penalty and it wasn't even looked at.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Beginning to come to terms with the dislike of VAR. 

It creates dramatic moments which are brilliant, but it takes away some of the incredible emotion of football 

That's it for me in a nutshell. It still isn't totally fair and you're sacrificing emotion for it. No deal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SO1 said:

The problem started when we allowed slow motion replay. We either accept a game that allows for human error or not.

VAR is nothing more than an answer to us being unwilling to accept inconsistency and human nature. Perfection is human nature.

Anal retentionists and control freaks are ruining everything. :plancque:

Human error wasn’t the problem for me ...    I’ve played football most of my life and that was never an issue ...   the problem for me is blatant cheating ...    if VAR stops that and penalises those cheating cvnts then brilliant !    The game has improved..

This is what I don't understand - why is it the sympathy is with the Man City fans having to uncelebrate a goal because it was (correctly) ruled out, when the alternative is Spurs have dropped a point because of a goal that shouldn't have counted? Surely the right decision being made is the most important thing here? Corky made a good point earlier on that it's ironic VAR exists today because people can't accept human error, now they seem willing to accept it.

1 minute ago, Walkers said:

This is what I don't understand - why is it the sympathy is with the Man City fans having to uncelebrate a goal because it was (correctly) ruled out, when the alternative is Spurs have dropped a point because of a goal that shouldn't have counted? Surely the right decision being made is the most important thing here? Corky made a good point earlier on that it's ironic VAR exists today because people can't accept human error, now they seem willing to accept it.

You haven't followed leicester long have you?

We're much rather spurs lose points than almost anything else.

I can hand on heart say I'd rather be sat here on 0 points and with a 0-1 loss against a competitive rival without VAR than be here with a point and a 0-0 draw with them with it. The time to adapt arguments make no sense either - it's been in football for a couple of years, it's still as shambolic and inconsistent as ever, that's the nature of it. It's over-analysis. When Leicester countered from our free kick we got for the handball last week we ran up and won a corner that Perez handballed twice on the way to getting it - say we scored there, the goal would count. That's just nonsense. Is it seriously worth sacrificing the emotion of euphoria for this? Absolutely not.

If you can't celebrate goals without them being double checked then the game's gotten worse and nobody will convince me otherwise no matter how much the new rules back you up.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I can hand on heart say I'd rather be sat here on 0 points and with a 0-1 loss against a competitive rival without VAR than be here with a point and a 0-0 draw with them with it. The time to adapt arguments make no sense either - it's been in football for a couple of years, it's still as shambolic and inconsistent as ever, that's the nature of it. It's over-analysis. When Leicester countered from our free kick we got for the handball last week we ran up and won a corner that Perez handballed twice on the way to getting it - say we scored there, the goal would count. That's just nonsense. Is it seriously worth sacrificing the emotion of euphoria for this? Absolutely not.

If you can't celebrate goals without them being double checked then the game's gotten worse and nobody will convince me otherwise no matter how much the new rules back you up.

Completely agree some people seriously miss the point, maybe they don’t go to games 

A full day of Saturday football, some cracking goals and perform along the way, rounded of with two of the top 3 in the country playing out an entertaining 4 goal game and all we have here is post after post discussing the merits of VAR.

Everywhere I read or listen all anyone is talking about is VAR, it appears to have about a 50/50 split of people who are in favour / against.

This for me isn’t what footballs about, we should be talking Pukki’s hat-trick, still no wins for Watford or how Brighton are looking far better than anyone have them credit for preseason.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

A full day of Saturday football, some cracking goals and perform along the way, rounded of with two of the top 3 in the country playing out an entertaining 4 goal game and all we have here is post after post discussing the merits of VAR.

Everywhere I read or listen all anyone is talking about is VAR, it appears to have about a 50/50 split of people who are in favour / against.

This for me isn’t what footballs about, we should be talking Pukki’s hat-trick, still no wins for Watford or how Brighton are looking far better than anyone have them credit for preseason.

And if VAR wasn't around, we'd be putting those subjects to ond side and commenting how this ref and that linesman missed the most blatant foul/offside and how unfair football is on us

Waiting for the moment VAR disappears and the moaners come out in full force about a shite ref, farce etc.

I agree VAR has its issues but there has to be some sort of happy medium. Imagine we could win the league but man city scores  a goal off a hand deflection and win the league over us on the last game of the season.  

The issue with VAR thought is if you dont call all handballs its down to interpretation again which is where we end up with bad calls. It has to be all or none in the box. Also other issues with it..I think more thought has to go into this and keep it out of the tops leagues until they get it right.

Edited by Jattdogg

Just now, Walkers said:

And if VAR wasn't around, we'd be putting those subjects to ond side and commenting how this ref and that linesman missed the most blatant foul/offside and how unfair football is on us

Which one exactly would we be talking about after today?

Do you think seriously anyone would be complaining about Man City’s goal not being disallowed?

What big decisions would have been missed today?

Guest Markyblue

Having firstly thought var was a good idea it is now an absolute disaster.  Every time i see a goal now either on tele or down the kp im not going to be able to celebrate until they have kicked off again, its a good idea in principle that is going to destroy football as we know it. Its bullshit.