Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Jesus of MC. Proves again how stupid footballers are...Again going to the ref After the Match and being aggressive.

Forget the Emotion side....this was After the final whistle...This is where yellow cards should be dished out..!!!

Just now, st albans fox said:

Laporte must have known it had hit his arm ......shame he didn’t let his team mates know before they went nuts! 

But the thing is, it wasn't intentional and in no way gave Man City an advantage. That's why it's bollux.

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

It's embarrassingly bad. They have to give pens against defenders every time ball hits the hand if they are going to disallow goals for that. 

It's a tough one. If the goal was allowed it just wouldn't seem right if Laporte got an assist with his hand...regardless of whether he meant it or not. They are at least being consistent. And in terms of the defenders situation surely it depends if the shot was on target? Not sure what to think anymore but it's the right call so it's fair.

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Why ?? ...   it wasn’t a goal ...  if they got it wrong I could understand the problem ...   but they didn’t ?!? 

I was all for VAR, i was expecting it to stop errors and goals that arnt goals, as in intentional shit. Not this or even in the Wolves game, yes it benefited us then, but the tide will turn and when and it is when, it happens to us i am going to be so salty.  

How bad was Riyad then. I wanted him to do something when he came on, all he did was give the ball away. He got away with it for us but he won’t get that kind of forgiveness at Man City. 

He’s clearly gone on to create something, which is a risk/reward business, however he was very poor. 

4 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Exactly, I don't understand the fuss in the slightest. You're celebrating a goal that shouldn't have stood, get over it.

Correct. But if they are going to disallow the goal it should be a penalty for the pull on Laporte's shirt.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Regardless of who it benefits on any particular day, it's too much.

Imagine how many goals in history would be erased by VAR.

It’s horrific. Can we all not just say “yep hold our hands up that was a bad shout let’s forget we ever voted for it.”

2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

But thats.....History,Today is today. If your Father had missed the bus,he wouldnt of met your mother!!!

Now is now...rules are rules....VAR kept to the rules,and players,managers all have been informed....oh und the fans!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Imagine all the goals VAR would have correctly prevented in the past, just like this one? Whats the difference?

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The ball went straight to Jesus off Laporte's arm. How is that not gaining an advantage?

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

It diverted the ball to Jesus, I'd call that pretty advantageous.

Looks to me like the Spurs defender is grabbing Laporte's arm that it deflected off. I don't think he intentionally deflected it to Jesus.

3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I was all for VAR, i was expecting it to stop errors and goals that arnt goals, as in intentional shit. Not this or even in the Wolves game, yes it benefited us then, but the tide will turn and when and it is when, it happens to us i am going to be so salty.  

But it's the rule that's shit (if anything is). The ref could have disallowed the goal for the same reason. Can't pick and choose the specific rules that it enforces.

• Like 2

Just now, Walkers said:

Imagine all the goals VAR would have correctly prevented in the past, just like this one? Whats the difference?

To me that was a good goal by Jesus. There was no intent to play it to him illegally by Laporte. To stop it and slow it down and analyze every goal for any reason is just too much IMO.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Erm the ones allowed didn’t ruin the sport we love? We can all accept honest errors to allow for a much better game and spectacle. VAR will continue to ruin the emotion and atmosphere  

• Like 1

Just now, trabuch said:

The thing is... virtually everyone in the stadium thought it was a goal. Someone watching TV decided (correctly by the rules) that it wasn't. The stadium experience is being undermined. TV is where the money is and it's TV that calls the shots. I don't like that.

Spot on 

• Thanks 1