Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, turtmcfly said:

But it's the rule that's shit (if anything is). The ref could have disallowed the goal for the same reason. Can't pick and choose the specific rules that it enforces.

Yes i do agree, its not VAR thats the problem its the rules... I hate the new rules. 

• Like 1

Just now, spacemunky said:

To me that was a good goal by Jesus. There was no intent to play it to him illegally by Laporte. To stop it and slow it down and analyze every goal for any reason is just too much IMO.

Like our Wolves match, your issue is as much with the handball rule change and not just about VAR

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Erm the ones allowed didn’t ruin the sport we love? We can all accept honest errors to allow for a much better game and spectacle. VAR will continue to ruin the emotion and atmosphere  

VAR is here because people can't accept honest errors. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Erm the ones allowed didn’t ruin the sport we love? We can all accept honest errors to allow for a much better game and spectacle. VAR will continue to ruin the emotion and atmosphere  

What and todays decision has ruined football forever? lol

1 minute ago, Walkers said:

Like our Wolves match, your issue is as much with the handball rule change and not just about VAR

Don't get me wrong, VAR made the correct call today based on the rule.

I just don't want to see the game stopped every time someone scores. Let the officials call the match.

21 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Regardless of who it benefits on any particular day, it's too much.

Imagine how many goals in history would be erased by VAR.

This is not VAR.

This is the new handball rule. VAR got it absolutely correct in accordance with the rules. If you dont like it, change the rules. Nothing to do with VAR. 

• Like 3

I’m not a fan of var but if it’s being used then so be it

the new handball law is there to stop things like boly’s Equaliser last year against MC. No one would disagree that shouldn’t be allowed. It’s just that in two consecutive weekends, we’ve seen a minor contact with the arm lead to goals - those who think that should be let go. - where do you draw the line ?.

I know we benefited from it last week but this handball rule (as evidenced again today) is absolute nonsense. The punishment does not fit the supposed crime. It goes against sporting justice.

I blame that idiot combover ref in the a World Cup final when he gave that penalty to France for that accidental handball by Perisic. He set a precedent that has actually changed the handball law to the point where it is an utter farce.

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

This is not VAR.

This is the new handball rule. VAR got it absolutely correct in accordance with the rules. If you dont like it, change the rules. Nothing to do with VAR. 

Exactly!

Can't blame VAR for this. It's this ****ing stupid new handball rule.

Like many have said, fair enough disallowing the goal. It was a decision by VAR and although harsh it seems to have been correct under the letter of the law. However, that same strict application MUST now be applied to ALL hand balls in the box by defenders. I imagine we will see a record number of penalties this season. 

I'm still for VAR and think that they'll eventually get it right after a couple of seasons and people will get used to it.

But even with its actual faults, they jave to be consequent. You just can't brush a blatant penalty off and disallow that goal.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I'm still for VAR and think that they'll eventually get it right after a couple of seasons and people will get used to it.

But even with its actual faults, they jave to be consequent. You just can't brush a blatant penalty off and disallow that goal.

People will never get used to the jubilation of celebrating a last minute minute and seeing it brought back for something so innocuous. 

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Pointless celebrating goals now isn't it? Unless it's obvious from a dribble just sit in your chair.

I love last minute goals, I was rooting for Man City earlier but I didn’t even celebrate that goal, I had a feeling they’d check it and rule it out for something. It’s the correct decision, but VAR as it is currently will ruin the game. 

6 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

This is not VAR.

Fair enough. 

It just seems we are getting bombarded with it now and it's taking away from the actual game.

They implemented a similar thing in hockey here a couple seasons ago. I have to say, even as a Canadian who's born into the religion that is hockey, I find myself watching less of it these days.

21 minutes ago, trabuch said:

The thing is... virtually everyone in the stadium thought it was a goal. Someone watching TV decided (correctly by the rules) that it wasn't. The stadium experience is being undermined. TV is where the money is and it's TV that calls the shots. I don't like that.

I'm sure Sky aren't all that happy about Martin Tyler's pre-rehearsed commentary being ruined. On the other hand, I think it's hilarious.

9 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Like many have said, fair enough disallowing the goal. It was a decision by VAR and although harsh it seems to have been correct under the letter of the law. However, that same strict application MUST now be applied to ALL hand balls in the box by defenders. I imagine we will see a record number of penalties this season. 

They only changed this particular aspect of the rules for handball which leads to a goal.

They also changed the rules to say that if the position of your hand/arms makes your body unnaturally bigger, then it is a foul. So the way they will judge this for defenders re penalties will be different.  Let’s see.

Edited by Tom12345