Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Sky need to realise being a good player doesn't make them a good pundit. 

Ashley Cole sounds fairly dull and Jamie Redknapp is a dull bugger 

Ashley Cole can't string a sentence together. Not much up top. 

I would say Neville is one of the better ones, Redknapp is decent but says some odd stuff at times. Rio isn't bad on BT but he does less of it then the others. Carragher does my head in but thats more his ridiculous Liverpool bias.

My point on Cole was he struggles to get his point across and he called Chilly Cresswell ffs

Edited by Fox 4 Life
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I cant take carragher seriously anymore, everytime he pipes up I just think you spat at a child  through a car window 

I watched a documentary years ago that followed England and Carragher was sharing a room with Michael Owen.

Owen was getting changed after a shower and threw his towel on the bathroom floor. Camera then cuts to Carragher having a shave and he picks Owens dirty towel off the floor to dry his face.

Filthy scouse git and I’ve never respected him since.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

A full day of Saturday football, some cracking goals and perform along the way, rounded of with two of the top 3 in the country playing out an entertaining 4 goal game and all we have here is post after post discussing the merits of VAR.

Everywhere I read or listen all anyone is talking about is VAR, it appears to have about a 50/50 split of people who are in favour / against.

This for me isn’t what footballs about, we should be talking Pukki’s hat-trick, still no wins for Watford or how Brighton are looking far better than anyone have them credit for preseason.

It is doing to FT what it’s doing to the sport.  It is the issue of the day, it unavoidably monopolizes the discussion … but the discussion is boring.  There’s only two opinions on VAR, and one basic argument in favor of each.  Points are already being made for the 40th, 50th, 100th time.

The way it decides so many matches, and threatens people’s relationship to the game … it’s bound to keep crowding out enjoyment and discussion of the actual play.

If this is still the case come May, some of us will be in the ward where they don’t allow sharp objects.  My one great hope is, the uproar will spur them to find better ways to limit its use.  (That’s the worthwhile corner of the VAR discussion for me.)

Kudos to Sheffield United, currently playing a lot better than expected.

Still think it's merely promotion positivity carrying them, they'll suffer the same fate as most promoted teams, entering a slump in automn that wlll span a while.

In terms of depth in squad, they are lacking.

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Kudos to Sheffield United, currently playing a lot better than expected.

Still think it's merely promotion positivity carrying them, they'll suffer the same fate as most promoted teams, entering a slump in automn that wlll span a while.

In terms of depth in squad, they are lacking.

We’ll beat them next week