Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, pSinatra said:

And there was me, looking forward to hearing Mcmanaman crying into his bowl of scouse (poverty stew).

That Henderson seems to be a bit error prone. I guess hes still young & bit of a gamble......& then he makes a great save

In all absolute fairness, I'm usually one of the first to get annoyed by Macca, but he's been pretty solidly neutral in this. I'd even say he's gone out of his way to be very supportive of Sheffield. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

In all absolute fairness, I'm usually one of the first to get annoyed by Macca, but he's been pretty solidly neutral in this. I'd even say he's gone out of his way to be very supportive of Sheffield. 

Yeah, making excuses.

You're probably right. Liverpool have been shit & United have been organised.

The Sane penalty incident. He was remarkably calm for a Scouser

A really decent team S.Utd, they didn't shit themselves like Villa against Arse, even after they conceded. if they play more games with this grit they will have no trouble staying up. Really disappointed just as they were on top of the scousers could stop the Liverpool wankfest for a few days at least and the goalie undoes all the hard work and heroics and ****s it up like this.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Feel for the keeper Henderson. 

Admittedly his mistake has cost them, but he's saved them a few times to keep it at 1-0

Would be harsh to put it on the keeper.

They've had a sitter just before Liverpool scored. That's what happens when you don't take your chance against the big teams. All in all, they played very well and should've gotten a point from the game.

1 minute ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Changing of the captaincy armband is a bit strange. Henderson went off gave it to VVD, Milner comes on in the 87th minute and VVD goes over and gives him the armband. For a few minutes left you’d think they would leave it as it was. 

Symbols and signifiers.

Footballers love to use tokens and gestures as symbols. It's a form of communication to the public for them. Like Grays stupid, esoteric Instagram posts. Most likely VVD wanted to signal his respect or deference. Especially with the baloon d'or in mind. 

Same with Mane doing the ridiculous prayer thing on the pitch before the game. Its not a normal way of going about your religion, is it? It's a symbol of something he's wishing to present himself as. 

They know they've got an audience. They love a gesture or symbol to try and present themselves in a specific light. 

• Like 1