Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Because Aguero isn’t playing is Vardys record safe or will it continue in the next game he plays?

I would say it's safe. The impressive part of the record is keeping the form week on week. Which is why van nistelrooys original record wasn't that impressive as it was over two seasons, he had the summer off half way through.

5 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The consecutiveness is determined on if you're playing I think, Ruud's record had 3 months between some of his goals so I think he'd still get it

He didn't miss any games though, it was over two season. So they were consecutive premier league games and he played in them all.

Man city look like they'll need a goal, so hopefully they bring him on and he fails to score and removes all doubt anyway.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

He didn't miss any games though, it was over two season. So they were consecutive premier league games and he played in them all.

Man city look like they'll need a goal, so hopefully they bring him on and he fails to score and removes all doubt anyway.

How can you say it's consecutive when he's had a 3 month break though lol , that's why i thought it would be games you play in cause that makes more sense

Sterling lol

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

How can you say it's consecutive when he's had a 3 month break though lol , that's why i thought it would be games you play in cause that makes more sense

Sterling lol

Well he didn't miss any league games because there were no league games lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Well he didn't miss any league games because there were no league games lol

aye, but you'd say aguero's would be more valid maybe, idk it's quite a niche record when you think of it. I'm sure if he does make it they'll either frame it as the same or a record of how many games in a row the player played or some shit

7 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

aye, but you'd say aguero's would be more valid maybe, idk it's quite a niche record when you think of it. I'm sure if he does make it they'll either frame it as the same or a record of how many games in a row the player played or some shit

I'd say Vardys stand alone. Hes was all in one season, pretty much week after week apart from international breaks. Whilst technically consecutive games, both Aguero and Ruud had summers in between, likely played a few friendlies and internationals without scoring, so clearly didn't continue that high level over the 11 weeks like Vardy had to.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1