Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

8 hours ago, SO1 said:

250 million Levy :fishing:

Spurs were hoping for big money for the sale of the  likes of Rose, Eriksen, Alderwereild etc as they are not signing new contracts  but they haven't left and in the case of Eriksen appears happy to run his contract down and leave for nothing. With a £680 mill stadium debt and dwindling top 4 hopes  Levy must be getting  a touch concerned and he ain't getting anything close to £250 mill for Kane 

13 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Relative to anyone else? Absolutely true that they are in great shape. However, they seem unlikely to match their performance from the previous season and seem a little softer at the back than they're comfortable with.

I think they seem very likely to match last season, they've won every game in the league and not really at any point looked in danger of dropping points. That may well change but there's precious little evidence?

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think they seem very likely to match last season, they've won every game in the league and not really at any point looked in danger of dropping points. That may well change but there's precious little evidence?

They looked very much in danger of dropping points in the second half of the game at Stamford Bridge. I was surprised just how much Chelsea pinned them back, and there didn't seem to be much threat of a counter either.

Just now, turtmcfly said:

They looked very much in danger of dropping points in the second half of the game at Stamford Bridge. I was surprised just how much Chelsea pinned them back, and there didn't seem to be much threat of a counter either.

I didn't particularly see it that way but Chelsea certainly had a go, the point i'm making is they are scoring a decent amount of goals still and averaging less than one goal conceded a game which has all the hallmarks of a team going 90+ points again standing on their heads.

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

If that is the case, then it's no-one but Kane's fault for signing a new contract locking him in till 2024. Of course that's a lovely contract to have, but Spurs are under absolutely no obligation to sell and there's an awful long time left. All the cards are rightfully in Spurs hands as a result. 

No one put a gun to Kane's head for a contract of that longevity. If he felt he would outgrow and have to go elsewhere to win trophies he should've considered that before penning the contract.

Agreed. I don't understand this nonsense. If you sign a long term contract then you really shouldn't moan about not being able to leave. He could have easily ran his contract down the same way Eriksen is or Ramsey did with Arsenal. 

17 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Who gives a fuch if Kane is locked in the cheese room for the rest of his life?  I’m struggling to find any level of sympathy for him. He must have known Spurs will always bottle it. 

There are just two certainties in life. 

1. We will all die one day. 

2. Spurs will bottle it. 

3 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

Which will lead to even more unrest in the dressing room if he asks to leave. 

It's all going wrong for Spuds. I said last season that the new stadium could actually damage them, and it's looking for like that as time goes on. It harmed Arsenal badly and held them back, now it's Spuds turn.

Levy is also holding them back and that 'shrewd businessman' tag is now looking daft. Erikson will go for nothing, players are unsettled, Ponch will go and they'll have a huge debt on the stadium to fund. Levy didn't seem to take into account the Arsenal problems could also harm Spuds.

I can smell relegation :). Bad enough having to pay for a new stadium. Having to rebuild a squad is another matter altogether. Look at Barcelona and the crazy amounts of cash that they are throwing around to get nowhere. Rebuilding requires money brains and some serious luck and the Spurs sure as hell don't have Barcelona money.

11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

He’s outgrown them now. They’re holding him back. 

How dare they, who do they think they are? 

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Who gives a fuch if Kane is locked in the cheese room for the rest of his life?  I’m struggling to find any level of sympathy for him. He must have known Spurs will always bottle it. 

Thats his problem, bottling is in his DNA. Nobody is paying that for him. Levy wont sell so the bottler can just get on with it and keep scoring goals that win nothing of substance.

He should never have signed that contract to begin with but maybe just maybe he is content with spurs for life and i can respect that. He does well there.

He will be their beloved vardy except with 0 trophies , 0 inspiring story (well unless you count the 3rd in 2 horse race or the almost won the champions league dvd).

I don't mind some changes but not to the point you jeopardise your chances of going through. Luton was a sensible pick - enough changes to get the game comfortably won and still allowing more fringe players to get time as the game went on.

Iheanacho at Newport was hideous to watch. He was out of form already but that just seemed to completely spiral to the point we eventually lost it.

Luton he comes on against an already beaten team and gets his goal.

Changes are fine, as long as theres a certain balance to it. We've done it pretty well over the past few years with the exception of Newport. They're both right in a way,, cause I was fuming about how shit the Newport team was but if we battered Luton yesterday and vardy got injured then I'd be aggrieved. It's just one of them 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I don't mind some changes but not to the point you jeopardise your chances of going through. Luton was a sensible pick - enough changes to get the game comfortably won and still allowing more fringe players to get time as the game went on.

Iheanacho at Newport was hideous to watch. He was out of form already but that just seemed to completely spiral to the point we eventually lost it.

Luton he comes on against an already beaten team and gets his goal.

Yep, playing Newport away the side on paper should have been more than good enough but most of those players hadn't played for 6+ months.

I say the best rotation policy is to play the previous match's bench + 2 first teamers + 2 reserves.

3 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Changes are fine, as long as theres a certain balance to it. We've done it pretty well over the past few years with the exception of Newport. They're both right in a way,, cause I was fuming about how shit the Newport team was but if we battered Luton yesterday and vardy got injured then I'd be aggrieved. It's just one of them 

It was amazing to think that team against Newport contained 10 P/L winners, including our entire back 4!

It just shows that too many changes doesn't work and gives the underdogs the confidence boost they need to think they can compete and maybe get a P/L scalp. Just ask any fan of Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Spuds, West Ham who made the same mistake this week as we did v Newport.

1 hour ago, Shane said:

This United fan grilling Maguire at the start of the video for the errors he's made. Says Smalling is better :Dlol

If he stunk of p1ss  he would be a doppelgänger for the smelly old tw@t I have to sit next to at home matches ...   :)

• Haha 1

On 26/09/2019 at 17:41, Shane said:

This United fan grilling Maguire at the start of the video for the errors he's made. Says Smalling is better :Dlol

This channel gonna overtake Arsenal Fan TV at the end of the season at this rate... :)