Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

11 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Wolves v Newcastle on Sky just now. Premier League Asia Trophy. 

Laura Woods has just said -  "We understand Steve Bruce was 11th choice". Lol. 

Oh and their team... I know it's pre-season, but still. We're playing our strongest available XI. 

IMG_20190717_105434.jpg

In the right hands...say...Benitez... it's not a terrible team and one that can avoid relegation.

In other, more clumsy hands...

13 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

In the right hands...say...Benitez... it's not a terrible team and one that can avoid relegation.

In other, more clumsy hands...

I think Benitez worked miracles with that squad, take the main two sources of attacking threat out of it in Rondon and Perez, add in a far inferior manager and I think Newcastle will be a shambles this season and a certainty to go down.  Sheff Utd look weak also so can see those two teams anchoring the division early on and being cut adrift in terms of relegation by Christmas.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Maybe he'll surprise us and keep them mid-table? 

Against him is the loss of Rondon and Perez and the number of goals they produced.

The fact Ashley doesn't want to pump money in means they may struggle to get recruits in, with Dwight Gayle looking like their main striker. 

It's a poisoned chalice. 

Newcastle - a club suffering from big expectations and a delusional chairman, have now appointed a rather mediocre PL manager.

They're either doomed and destined for relegation or surprise everyone once again by finishing somewhere around 10th.

Currently lost six players, and only two have come back from loan. No new signings as of yet...

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Not yet, no. We know we need to buy more players. 

2-0 Gibbs-White. Newcastle are garbage. Especially defensively. 

We lost to them at home... :dunno:

Two years in a row wasn't it... 

Edited by rachhere

56 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I like them but almost want them to go down to force Ashley out.

Suits Mike Ashley to asset strip Newcastle, scrape 17th and repeat the following season.

They've been down to the Championship twice in the last decade, and he's stuck around.

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Hinchcliffe/Ameobi giving it the predictable "Wolves are sharper because they have the Europa League in 8 days time" 

No, Newcastle have just been shit lads. 

Just switched over to Man United - Leeds, as sharpe as Wolves look Newcastle are abysmal I couldn’t watch any more. Really could be 6 or 7 here.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Make that 3-0. Awful defence doesn't even begin to describe that one. 

Any chance for another linky...?  (The only live sport allowed round here is Wombledon...)

EDIT: I've decided not to fix that typo... :D

Edited by PhillippaT