Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

7 hours ago, The Bear said:

Cavaleiro and Knockaert either side of Mitrovic should see Fulham come straight back up. 

With Cairney behind pulling the strings. If they somehow keep Sessegnon as well then they'll piss the league.

Cairney was one of the biggest disappointments for me last season. He was nowhere near as influential for them. Whether that was down to a slight switch in tactics/formarion, I'm not entirely sure. But he was great the season before. 

I doubt Sessegnon will stay. There's too much interest in him I reckon, and they'll get a huge fee for him. 

Edited by The Bear

16 hours ago, The Bear said:

Our local paper journo tweeted this last night. 

Madness if we can convince him to make it happen. He's very expensive though with a £50m+ release clause. When Mendes is involved though, anything is possible. It may even be Mendes using us to leverage better deals/offers for his top players. 

A couple of ITKs have said he's not our biggest target either. We're clearly seeing if we can convince a few top players to join for megabucks. I imagine the recent relaxing of FFP wage rules has probably prompted this new strategy. 

For what it’s worth, Wolves are my dark horses to break into the top six and maybe even higher.

You guys are playing some slick attacking football and seem to have learned quickly how to be tight at the back and defend/ attack as a team.

• Like 2

Will any Premier league club go for Bale?

Most players here seem to play golf so he'll be ok fitting into a squad.

All his troubles at Madrid seem to have started when Bale said he didn't really communicate with the other players.

Just now, Super_horns said:

All his troubles at Madrid seem to have started when Bale said he didn't really communicate with the other players.

Wages are a huge thing putting clubs off I'd imagine.

If he wasn't on obscene wages, I'd guess Spurs might have gone for him. Realistically I'd say only Man City & PSG could afford him.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Going to be difficult, I mean be interesting to know our how much Real want for Bale, cause by the sound of it there desperate to sell. So it could be at a lower price than last once quoted. For me I don't see a Premier League returning, Man U would love him but I'm not Woodward go out want spent that amount of money unless there's something in with this Pogba deal. However on Bale's part would he want go to United with all their problems. It's funny think for first time in a long time United as become a no go zone for world class players. On other side of the City, they would love him and probably can afford, but I'm not sure they desperately need him and I don't think Bale wanna go somewhere where it's likely he'll be fighting for his place every week. A return to Spurs... I think Bale would love that and if it did happen, then I seriously think Spurs would be such a force next season. However money wise under Levy it's just impossible well more unlikely. Arsenal nah not going to happen!... Everton? Could stump up the cash if they wanted, but I think Bale would snub that, I cannot see him wanting to go to a club where as is stands there still fighting to get top seven finish. Liverpool? Goes there I mean wow! that would really rattle Man City and may that be possible missing piece but I dunno somehow I don't think it would happen. 

Wolves? that was just a lazy rumour.... Leicester? I think we could actually afford but nah lol we don't really need him.  

I think he staying abroad Juventus, PSG or even a move to China could happen.

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Only because the other players couldn't understand his fascination with Sheep! 

15 hours ago, The Bear said:

Cairney was one of the biggest disappointments for me last season. He was nowhere near as influential for them. Whether that was down to a slight switch in tactics/formarion, I'm not entirely sure. But he was great the season before. 

I doubt Sessegnon will stay. There's too much interest in him I reckon, and they'll get a huge fee for him. 

Agree. I've always liked him too and was excited to see him in the PL. Once Ranieri came in it totally messed him and others up though because he wanted them to play more direct.

30 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Going to be difficult, I mean be interesting to know our how much Real want for Bale, cause by the sound of it there desperate to sell. So it could be at a lower price than last once quoted. For me I don't see a Premier League returning, Man U would love him but I'm not Woodward go out want spent that amount of money unless there's something in with this Pogba deal. However on Bale's part would he want go to United with all their problems. It's funny think for first time in a long time United as become a no go zone for world class players. On other side of the City, they would love him and probably can afford, but I'm not sure they desperately need him and I don't think Bale wanna go somewhere where it's likely he'll be fighting for his place every week. A return to Spurs... I think Bale would love that and if it did happen, then I seriously think Spurs would be such a force next season. However money wise under Levy it's just impossible well more unlikely. Arsenal nah not going to happen!... Everton? Could stump up the cash if they wanted, but I think Bale would snub that, I cannot see him wanting to go to a club where as is stands there still fighting to get top seven finish. Liverpool? Goes there I mean wow! that would really rattle Man City and may that be possible missing piece but I dunno somehow I don't think it would happen. 

Wolves? that was just a lazy rumour.... Leicester? I think we could actually afford but nah lol we don't really need him.  

I think he staying abroad Juventus, PSG or even a move to China could happen.

It would be worth trying to get him for the amount it would rattle the spurs fan base, the back lash towards levy would be incredible.

That or spurs fans would claim 1 of the greatest exports they have helped produce in modern times was a myth lol

500k fkin ell no wonder he would be happy to see out his contract playing golf in a sunny country probably loving life and doesn't want the pressure of the prem or to go back to the English lifestyle. Strange one as he could be electric at one of the top clubs but doesn't seem that bothered 

45 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

500k fkin ell no wonder he would be happy to see out his contract playing golf in a sunny country probably loving life and doesn't want the pressure of the prem or to go back to the English lifestyle. Strange one as he could be electric at one of the top clubs but doesn't seem that bothered 

I suppose when you’ve won 3 champions leagues in a row at Real Madrid where do you go from there 

• Like 3

I’m always sceptical of reported wages. When every man and his dog was saying Sanchez was on about £500k a week it turned out the paper that broke the story had included the signing on fee and broken it down across his contract.