Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just looking at the potos of Bruce.  In all seriousness, has anyone done a study of weight:performance in terms of managers?  I can't see it's a good sign in an elite level manager if he cannae even control his own waistline?  X

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Just looking at the potos of Bruce.  In all seriousness, has anyone done a study of weight:performance in terms of managers?  I can't see it's a good sign in an elite level manager if he cannae even control his own waistline?  X

Weightist comment....

• Like 1

Talking to a mate about Newcastle today at work. Neither of us could decide if:

A: Ashley really doesnt understand football.

B: He is just 1 of them people in life who loves to piss people off and hes doing it on a massive scale and is on a massive wind up.

C: Hes a greedy git.

D: He actually thinks hes doing well.

We went for A, B and C before going for lunch.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Bear said:

@ChrisMurphy180

Former Sheffield United manager Steve Bruce resigns from Sheffield Wednesday job as the former Sunderland manager gets ready to take over at Newcastle. Anyone would think the former Birmingham and Aston Villa manager didn't care much for footballing loyalty. ♂️#swfc

:)

That will become one of those quiz questions for another generation I think.

55 minutes ago, The Bear said:

@ChrisMurphy180

Former Sheffield United manager Steve Bruce resigns from Sheffield Wednesday job as the former Sunderland manager gets ready to take over at Newcastle. Anyone would think the former Birmingham and Aston Villa manager didn't care much for footballing loyalty. ♂️#swfc

:)

Good luck to the former Wigan, Hull and Crystal Palace manager.

5 hours ago, Thefox81 said:

Talking to a mate about Newcastle today at work. Neither of us could decide if:

A: Ashley really doesnt understand football.

B: He is just 1 of them people in life who loves to piss people off and hes doing it on a massive scale and is on a massive wind up.

C: Hes a greedy git.

D: He actually thinks hes doing well.

We went for A, B and C before going for lunch.

I’d say if you asked him, there would definitely be an element of D there too. I think he sees the club as a business and is looking for his own bottom line. 

No doubt he’s a money hungry greedy guy, who doesn’t really understand football.

i don’t think he loves to piss people off, but I think he doesn’t really care about others opinions of him, he goes out makes a business decision and doesn’t give a flying fook about what others think of him.

6 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

West Ham getting haller for 45m. Great signing 

£45 m for a fella whose scored 13 and 9 in two Bundesliga seasons. Franfkurt played a blinder. 

To give that context Shinji scored 15 and 12 in his last two Bundesliga seasons with Mainz. For a crisp £7 million

Firmino with 16 and 7 in his last two Bundesliga seasons....£29 million. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

£45 m for a fella whose scored 13 and 9 in two Bundesliga seasons. Franfkurt played a blinder. 

To give that context Shinji scored 15 and 12 in his last two Bundesliga seasons with Mainz. For a crisp £7 million

Firmino with 16 and 7 in his last two Bundesliga seasons....£29 million. 

It's not just the goals and assists for haller. He links the play for those around him and will suit the prem with his best years coming up.

Considering the players behind him will likely be fornals, yarmalenko and Anderson, I can see him fitting in very well. Probably overpriced, but that seems to be the market this year. 

When you look at how much it would cost for someone like Callum Wilson, reported to be close to £60m then £45m on Haller is decent business from West Ham imo.

They look to be putting together a very decent side, if everything clicks they could be the team to watch this season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

West Ham getting haller for 45m. Great signing 

Great financial deal for Frankfurt, hope they invest wisely up front - coupled with the departure of Jovic to Real, they now have serious dough to spend.

Need a new partner for Rebic now.

West Ham are like us on steroids in terms of the sheer bipolar nature of their fanbase and negative feeling spreading the moment there's a bad result. I still fully expect them to have a shaky start and end up with some melt in a flat cap using one of the corner-flags to joust with the linesman by mid-October. 

"It's the West Ham way", innit. :ph34r:

Edited by OntarioFox

2 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

West Ham are like us on steroids in terms of the sheer bipolar nature of their fanbase and negative feeling spreading the moment there's a bad result. I still fully expect them to have a shaky start and end up with some melt in a flat cap using one of the corner-flags to joust with the linesman by mid-October. 

"It's the West Ham way", innit. :ph34r:

Did West Ham not finish level on points with you guys last season?  They look to have done some excellent business so far this window and bar Arnautovic who had downed tools anyway they've kept all their big players thus far, which should really improve them so can see them being a real threat this season.

31 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Great financial deal for Frankfurt, hope they invest wisely up front - coupled with the departure of Jovic to Real, they now have serious dough to spend.

Need a new partner for Rebic now.

Thought that Paciencia was fairly highly rated?

10 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Did West Ham not finish level on points with you guys last season?  They look to have done some excellent business so far this window and bar Arnautovic who had downed tools anyway they've kept all their big players thus far, which should really improve them so can see them being a real threat this season.

True, but it's the psyche of their fanbase that pervades. I think there are few more negative fanbases in English football, with the obvious and understandable exceptions of Newcastle, Blackpool and Coventry. West Ham don't really have the excuse to be as down on themselves as they have been since moving to the London Stadium, as soulless as the place is, especially as results have finally picked up after a settling-in period.

I always had it down as a delusion of grandeur rather than any genuine gripe, since they have consistently finished mid-table for 6-7 years now except for one Payet-fuelled 7th place. Granted, there's been a hangover here since the title win, but I don't think anybody in our fanbase could claim with a straight face that our club has "had its soul ripped out" or caused regular police trouble because of a bit of dull football or underwhelming finishes.

So we'll see how it pans out. On paper they're looking a decent bet, but if there was one "tipped" team I would expect to underwhelm, it would be the Hammers, because they have history of doing so, egged on an air of negativity around the club seemingly affecting results.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 3