Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, The Bear said:

This made me laugh about the FaceApp stuff recently. 

tapatalk_1563538313869.jpeg

It is mental how alike they look. Normally a lookalike is “oh hahaha lol they look a bit similar!” Their face shape and features are almost the exact same 

Cutrone would be a class signing, but then again I thought Dolberg was better than him a few years ago and his career has stalled. Cutrone has had an equally mediocre last season and maybe he isn't quite as good as first predicted but is still worth a punt at that price.

18 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Wasn’t Thomas Lemar the poster boy signing for Atleti’s new project? Can’t see why they’d move him on

Cutrone could be a really good signing for Wolves tbf 

He was but he's struggled to settle and find form. 

Diego Simeone doesn't strike me as the sort of manager to give up on a player unless they're lazy and I don't think Lemar is particularly tbf. 

I like Lemar, that Monaco team were great to watch and he was a real dynamo along with Silva that kept them ticking. I'd enjoy seeing him do well there. But they've just spent huge wedge, even when you consider the Griezmann sale, so it wouldn't surprise me of the club cash in. 

Doubt he'd be cheap though and I don't see why he'd go to any club outside the CL. 

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Knockaert just isn't good enough for the Premier League.

He'll be a great signing for Fulham in the Championship though.

Fulham are coming back up. Great signing. He's classic old Leicester. Too good for the Championship - not quite Premiere league. Aah - those were the days.

11 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Good price for him, even if it's yet to be seen how he'll do in the prem. Looks to have all the right attributes. Would've liked us to be in for him, especially at that price.

Same here.

Could turn out a bargain, or another Jahanbakhsh.

24 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Good price for him, even if it's yet to be seen how he'll do in the prem. Looks to have all the right attributes. Would've liked us to be in for him, especially at that price.

All the right attributes except being able to finish worth a damn, just like all our other wingers (sans Perez perhaps)

Our local paper journo tweeted this last night. 

Madness if we can convince him to make it happen. He's very expensive though with a £50m+ release clause. When Mendes is involved though, anything is possible. It may even be Mendes using us to leverage better deals/offers for his top players. 

A couple of ITKs have said he's not our biggest target either. We're clearly seeing if we can convince a few top players to join for megabucks. I imagine the recent relaxing of FFP wage rules has probably prompted this new strategy. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 3