Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

The United hooligans turning up and attacking Ed Woodwards house is ridiculous. Chant about him all they want during games, get banners if they want ffs. But to attack his home, where his family and kids live is disgusting. 

They're 5th in league, they aren't relegation fodder. Some of their fans need a reality check, bunch of tossers.

He wasn't even in the house at the time apparently.  I hope that his Wife wasnt alone with the young children. It would be scary enough something like that happening, but the young kids who wouldnt have the foggiest idea of who these hooligans are or why they are there. Just strangers outside the home, throwing flares. Absolute w******.

Edited by CollinsLCFC

"Bournemouth have a small club mentality"

They're literally a small club. The smallest in the Premier League.

On another note, when will the fetish for Notts Forest end? Im 35 and Forest have been rubbish for nearly all my life. Likewise for Sheff Weds. Saying that, people will probably view us that way in 25 yesrs time when we are rubbing shoulders with Bristol Rovers and Millwall in the bottom half of the Championship. "Relegate Oxford Utd and get Leicester back up, they deserve it cos they're a big club who won stuff 25 years ago".

The transfer window is starting to get tasty now with Bergwijn to Spurs and now Bruno Fernandes to Man U. Arsenal and Liverpool also made signings in the window.

A little bit of a surprise we haven't gone for anyone yet, though I think we all expect a CB of some kind to come in. We were also linked with Bergwijn before Spurs stole a match on us. Hopefully we beat Chelsea on Saturday and we don't really have to care about who anyone else has signed as we shore up the Champions League spot for ourselves.

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

£68 million for Fernandes! Man U still getting taking to the cleaners. 

How do you reckon he will do? I am excited to see him play as he looks very good. That said I don't think he can single handedly fix them, it will take a new manager in the summer to do that, if it's even possible at all.

They definitely needed someone though, a midfield 3 of Fred, McTominay and Lingard is borderline Championship standard.

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

How do you reckon he will do? I am excited to see him play as he looks very good. That said I don't think he can single handedly fix them, it will take a new manager in the summer to do that, if it's even possible at all.

They definitely needed someone though, a midfield 3 of Fred, McTominay and Lingard is borderline Championship standard.

wonder if he's better than adrien silva?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

wonder if he's better than adrien silva?

I'm still to this day shocked at how he turned out. I wasn't expecting a world beater, but expected someone at Dennis Praet's level, who I think is a good player.

His displays for Portugal and in the Champions League for Sporting were impressive, but he just couldn't cut it here. 

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

I'm still to this day shocked at how he turned out. I wasn't expecting a world beater, but expected someone at Dennis Praet's level, who I think is a good player.

His displays for Portugal and in the Champions League for Sporting were impressive, but he just couldn't cut it here. 

it'd be hilarious if he was like that at utd. they have a recent history of ruining players too lol 

• Haha 1

Fernandes will be quality for Utd. Could really help them turn the corner whether Ole stays or goes.

As for Richarlison, I'm pretty sure 1) there were plenty of Everton fans got their noses in to our business when Man City were interested in Mahrez and 2) if so, would be interesting to see their thoughts on their star player being touted to one of the clubs Mahrez was rumoured to go to.

Let's see how hypocritical they get lol 

• Like 1

Fernandes was about £47m before clauses, which is about right IMO. 

And the Richarlison rumour has been shown to be fake now. Not that it'll stop Sky from peddling it every five mins on their 'desperate for any transfer' show. 

We should wrap up the signing of Daniel Podence either late tomorrow or Friday. He was over for a medical today. 

Edited by The Bear

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So yanited have won twice at Man City within a couple months .....

Yeah I know it’s not the PL tonight but it’s an indication of how well Man U can play and how vulnerable Man City can be if you defend well against them rather than trying to go toe to toe with them ...

* Nuno likes this *

We're at Old Trafford on Sat evening. They'll be wanting to come out and win it, which is ideal for our setup. 

Edited by The Bear