Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Hmm. Top 4 gets European football no matter what. 

If Man City get top 4(which they will) and win the EFL Cup then runners up (potentially us) goes to qualifying rounds of EL (probably start in July which is shit). 

Then there's this bit:

In the event that a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League and another win the UEFA Europa League and neither of these clubs finish in the top four of the Premier League, the club lying fourth in the table will drop into the UEFA Europa League group stage

Basically finish top 4 and we're going on a European tour. Finish top 4 and win a domestic cup, then 7th/8th will get Europa League. 

League Cup runners up don't get a European place at all - if the League Cup winners don't need it, the place goes to 6th or 7th in the League.  Same with the FA Cup.

Maximum 7 qualifiers for Europe.  8th place can't get it.

Didn’t really know where else to put this but I’ve just watched some videos back on my Instagram of our “Leicester Leicester Leicester!” back at Anfield last season when we earned a hard earned point, H Mag with the goal, with the players walking towards the away section. What a ****ing club man. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

We need finish 3rd just in case the unthinkable happens, and say someone like Spurs manage to fluke a champions league win and one of the English sides win the Europa. In that scenario I think 4th in the league misses out. Unlikely probably, but still best to take no chances.

Top 3 would be excellent as it would sit in the history books as 1st/2nd/3rd. And yes if you don't win something then that's that, sport is about winning, but we ain't gonna win it so 2nd or 3rd would look good in years to come.

10 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

(Troy Deeney) did prison time for repeatedly kicking someone who was already out on the deck in the head, just cos he wanted to. cheated on the mother of his kids.

10 hours ago, Izzy said:

He’s a reformed character. Made mistakes and learned his lessons. We all Fvck up in life at some stage but it’s how we then change for the better that counts.

10 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Nobody's saying he's Mother Theresa. But it's difficult to sit in judgement without knowing the full picture. 

Just seems like a decent bloke is all. 

And who knows, maybe it's possible to make mistakes and come back from them rather than being castigated for them for the rest of your life. Outside of the tabloids, that is.

9 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Met Deeney last year, he was a really sound bloke. Had time to chat to anyone that said hello. 

I've got to know Deeney a bit in recent years. I've got a lot of time for him, he's always been good to me.

He's not a perfect human - nobody is - but how he's turned his life around is pretty remarkable.

And as for you Lawro............

8 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Talk Sport really are the worst of the worst, absolute garbage station.

I shall pretend I didn't hear that lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I've got to know Deeney a bit in recent years. I've got a lot of time for him, he's always been good to me.

He's not a perfect human - nobody is - but how he's turned his life around is pretty remarkable.

And as for you Lawro............

I shall pretend I didn't hear that lol

But, but, why?

psssst I’m available for work if the aforementioned station wants to improve the quality of its pundits 😝

On 15/01/2020 at 11:36, WigstonWanderer said:

I wonder what went wrong there? Perhaps just missing the Shakey component, maybe language issues, or perhaps just the bizarre nature of the Belgian League.

We've been wondering about that as well. Also think he needed some of the entourage he had back in Leicester with him.

On 24/01/2020 at 15:10, Guest said:

I agree and I do wonder what exactly people are seeing when they describe Wolves as being this really exciting team to watch. They seem to have a reputation as being this slick footballing side and I assume it's based on them having two continental midfielders who can pass the ball quite well. Don't want to come across as a snob because we are the magnificent Brendan Rodgers' Leicester City and we play football The Right Way registered trademark, but they come across to me as being a pretty functional and often quite dull team. The one properly exciting player in their team is Traore and that's mostly due to the mixture of absolute certainty he'll skin his defender and absolute mystery of what he'll do with the ball afterwards.

They play 343/352 and rely on their wing backs for the bulk of their creativity. Their style of play isnt as fluid as ours but its more fluid and attractive than Arsenal, United and Jose's Spurs. They will do well to finish 5th but ultimately I think they will finish 6th/7th. 

We have to remember with Wolves that this is only their second season. Teams like Palace, Bournemouth, Watford, Newcastle etc have been in this league for 5+ years and have 1 (one) top half finish between them in that time period. 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Don't know why Man United fans are upset. They are complaining about a "lack of investment" when they have a team that cost 830 million pounds. The real problem is that they are a load of glory hunting babies, who want two things from "their" club.

1. Win everything, all the time, so they can use their association with Man U to infer some kind of superiority in their otherwise meaningless lives.

2. History of winning everything, so they can be smug about their glorious past.

Since they initially chose Man Utd as their club because they fit these 2 reasons when they were a young child in the 90s from Torquay/London/Coventry/Wales/whereever, then the answer is simple.

Just go and support Liverpool. Offers them everything they want from their club, and they can put their dummies back in and resume their life of being pathetic little spoilt children who are an embarrassment to football as a whole. Plus they will be reunited with all the people of a similar mindset, who happened to grow up in the 80s instead of the 90s.

Agreed. Seeing them throw their toys out the pram when they're 5th in the league is funny. They don't know they're born.

Biggest wage bill in the country, as well. Lack of invesment, my arse.

• Like 4

Alot of Man Utd 'fans' being seen for what they really are, Glory supporters.

I'm saying alot of Man Utd 'fans' will all of sudden be claiming 'they lost interest in football' soon if they aren't already.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Ahh the myth that is Southgate! Absolute fraud so hope the rumours are true

Qualifying groups are a breeze nowadays, and failing in the actual finals a given, I don’t rate him at all, he still doesn’t know his best side either.

Be brilliant to see him at Man Utd 😝 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Maybe the acid test still awaits Man Utd fans

If he's looking for the most secure job he should stay where he is.

Southgate is a fraud. He did do well to bring the feel good factor to England but he is tactically unaware and was exposed in the World Cup vs Croatia and the Nations League vs Holland. United won't improve under Southgate and Ole is probably more tactically astute as he's proven in the big games this season. 

15 hours ago, Koke said:

They play 343/352 and rely on their wing backs for the bulk of their creativity.

Our wing-backs don't really create, they are just wide options to start and support attacks. Though Doherty sometimes makes runs and gets into the box.

The main bulk of it comes from the front three of Jota/Jimenez/Traore and Moutinho who has a roaming playmaker role. 

We create plenty of chances but aren't nearly as clinical as Leicester. We don't score enough goals and don't keep the ball well enough when building attacks. If we sorted that out somewhat, we'd definitely be pushing hard for the top 4.

Edited by The Bear

Southgate! lol Thank you, Man Utd, for providing such entertainment. Genuinely. 

I'll admit I've been indulging in schadenfreude a lot this season watching their fan channels. Honestly, it just gets better and better. I recommend Goldbridge on The United Stand for a laugh. He was saying how much he wanted Burnley relegated just a second before they scored their first. The Bruno Fernandes saga has been a joy, as well.