Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

26 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Are you really suggesting that Liverpool AREN'T that good? 

I mean I do not like them or their fans. But fair they're ****ing brilliant. 

Yep they are brilliant, best team in England by a country mile.

But I just think they will not make the CL final this year so should take the FA cup seriously and use squad players not kids for the replay.

10 hours ago, Realjimbo said:

Yep they are brilliant, best team in England by a country mile.

But I just think they will not make the CL final this year so should take the FA cup seriously and use squad players not kids for the replay.

So you don’t think they will make the final so they shouldn’t try? Why should they try and win the FA Cup then? 

I really don’t understand why people are so annoyed by this, especially non Liverpool fans. 

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

A good read here on the perils of selling your soul for a bigger out of town ground. I almost feel sorry for them, but it's West Ham... 

https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=43739

Fair play, and is quite sad.

Watched the "Iron Men" documentary about their stadium move on Amazon Prime. The days of local fans are numbered, the big stadium, the big licensing, these all push the need for local fans down, and all the businesses local to the stadiums, and the livelihoods that effects

Big screens showing crowds or piped in crowd noise is next.... :(

Edited by Dahnsouff

West Ham went from heaven to hell really. Wasn’t a lot wrong with Upton Park and their owners spotted a deal.

Were always pushing for the same if Birmingham ever got the commonwealth games whilst they were at Birmingham City. 

I honestly could barely see our first goal there in December 

50 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Fair play, and is quite sad.

Watched the "Iron Men" documentary about their stadium move on Amazon Prime. The days of local fans are numbered, the big stadium, the big licensing, these all push the need for local fans down, and all the businesses local to the stadiums, and the livelihoods that effects

Big screens showing crowds or piped in crowd noise is next.... :(

I said years ago that Hollywood actors will be replaced by virtual actors using avatars which are indistinguishable from real humans - no more pampered stars, no vast fees and no aging, this is now well underway - and the easier one virtual crowds, Prem clubs don't really need the money from the gate now and full stadiums (even massive virtual stadiums) look great on TV.

expect to see "expanded" or " fill in" virtual crowds first then the full roll out.

1 minute ago, Realjimbo said:

I said years ago that Hollywood actors will be replaced by virtual actors using avatars which are indistinguishable from real humans - no more pampered stars, no vast fees and no aging, this is now well underway - and the easier one virtual crowds, Prem clubs don't really need the money from the gate now and full stadiums (even massive virtual stadiums) look great on TV.

expect to see "expanded" or " fill in" virtual crowds first then the full roll out.

Pragmatic cynics abound :thumbup:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Done the London Stadium in the home end against Spurs, pretty dull experience aside from the company, they're quite a self deprecating fan base I've found. My Mrs' Dad is staunch West Ham but is close to packing it in due to mainly the stadium.

Surely nobody who’s staunch would even contemplate packing it in? 

Bit random, but it's ****ing laugable that Villa have a 3rd choice keeper that is (given his performances against us, ugh) pretty bloody decent, yet they still look around to get another in, which relegates him to 4th choice? Not the only club to do it, West Ham doing it most recently with David Martin I think. Who the hell would be a 3rd choice keeper when that is the situation? lol

West Ham weren't happy with Roberto though, and they quickly binned him and the bloke that recommended him. 

Martin was never a realistic first choice. Just a stop gap until they found someone permanent. 

Edited by The Bear

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

Bit random, but it's ****ing laugable that Villa have a 3rd choice keeper that is (given his performances against us, ugh) pretty bloody decent, yet they still look around to get another in, which relegates him to 4th choice? Not the only club to do it, West Ham doing it most recently with David Martin I think. Who the hell would be a 3rd choice keeper when that is the situation? lol

Easy money being a 3rd / 4th choice GK! £10k a week to not do a great deal. Potentially 2 games a season. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

West Ham weren't happy with Roberto though, and they quickly binned him and the bloke that recommended him. 

Martin was never a realistic first choice. Just a stop gap until they found someone permanent. 

Thats the point though, you're 3rd choice but if you're ever needed they look for a replacement so what is the point in being there in the first place?

The United hooligans turning up and attacking Ed Woodwards house is ridiculous. Chant about him all they want during games, get banners if they want ffs. But to attack his home, where his family and kids live is disgusting. 

They're 5th in league, they aren't relegation fodder. Some of their fans need a reality check, bunch of tossers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

The United hooligans turning up and attacking Ed Woodwards house is ridiculous. Chant about him all they want during games, get banners if they want ffs. But to attack his home, where his family and kids live is disgusting. 

They're 5th in league, they aren't relegation fodder. Some of their fans need a reality check, bunch of tossers.

Not at 40 points yet im afraid. Lol.

But i agree, tossers!