Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Liverpool's approach is interesting because whilst they are a technically worse team than Man City, they are more efficient and consistent. It's also proven to be more effective in Europe too. So you are right in the sense that whilst Man City (and even Leicester to a certain extent) play nicer football than Liverpool, their approach has been more effective.

All that said, I am a huge fan of the way we play! Some of the team goals we've scored this season have been outstanding, e.g. Vardy against Arsenal with the Barnes flick and Ricardo and Tielemans passes. I would happily see us play like that as "The Leicester City Way" with no problems whatsoever. 

It should be noted though that Man City lost Sane and Laporte for large periods of the season. Had Liverpool lost Salah and Van Dijk for the same amount of time, they would have struggled too. Man City definitely dropped back a bit this season, but their are some extenuating circumstances behind it IMO. 

Excellent post. :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

the thing annoying me most about liverpool is that most their fans don’t seem to be as happy as they should be. they’re pissing me right off not gonna lie. 

theres fu cking millions of them all over social media, my group chats, my office etc. who are more upset about the fact fans of other teams are saying “they’re lucky” or “the league is rubbish” than they are buzzing that theyve got a 6 month coronation. 

stop crying about the fact the media seem to be making excuses for pep, or about the fact nobody likes liverpool or is giving them the respect they probably deserve. 

fu cking revel in it. the bitterness and excuses of everyone else really made our title win even more special as far as i’m concerned. 

You've got a point. The more opposition fans moaned about our counter attacking play and the media love in, the more we just lapped it up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Man. City have proved yet again that they re nothing like as good as Liverpool so Rodgers should stop using them as a template for us. They have tremendous understanding and movement and the best striker in the league but if Plan A doesn't work they look unable to find anything else. Liverpool's success is built on rock solid defending, physical strength and ferocious counter attack . It works , we should use them as our model.

I am sorry but you have massively simplified everything. Do you really think any team can just go let's copy them and then start to win stuff? So far we have improved in every competition. Long may it continue 

Also who says Rodgers models us exactly on Man City??

What we need a strong centre forward that can hold up the ball and is a target mm an to give us a different option, playing with Ricardo and Chilwell leaves exposed on the break down the flanks. We need to be able to bring on a winger or 2, hold Ricardo or Chilwell deeper if that happens and feed crosses to that target man in a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. It amazes me that despite it being obvious we get exposed there BR does nothing about it

17 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Liverpool's approach is interesting because whilst they are a technically worse team than Man City, they are more efficient and consistent. It's also proven to be more effective in Europe too. So you are right in the sense that whilst Man City (and even Leicester to a certain extent) play nicer football than Liverpool, their approach has been more effective.

All that said, I am a huge fan of the way we play! Some of the team goals we've scored this season have been outstanding, e.g. Vardy against Arsenal with the Barnes flick and Ricardo and Tielemans passes. I would happily see us play like that as "The Leicester City Way" with no problems whatsoever. 

It should be noted though that Man City lost Sane and Laporte for large periods of the season. Had Liverpool lost Salah and Van Dijk for the same amount of time, they would have struggled too. Man City definitely dropped back a bit this season, but their are some extenuating circumstances behind it IMO. 

It’s quite a simple approach that many big clubs fail to see. It’s one thing to spend big and but all the big names as we see with the likes of Man City and Real Madrid, it’s another to carefully think about building a team and getting players in who do a job within that team.

Liverpools midfield on paper is pretty average, no world beaters. They do all however, do their simpler role to perfection. Much like us in the title winning season.

Every cog knows it’s role and keeps turning for the greater good.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Oh god please no

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Mark Chapman would be my choice. Good on pretty much everything he hosts. 

Agree Chapman I think he's excellent. Very good on the radio too. I thought Gabby Logan would be in with a shout too.

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

Oh god please no

Ooh can’t wait to not watch this again. Within a month he will do a linekar and say if spurs win He will do the show in his pants only he knows he will never have to do it 

17 hours ago, Ive got the blues said:

I am sorry but you have massively simplified everything. Do you really think any team can just go let's copy them and then start to win stuff? So far we have improved in every competition. Long may it continue 

Also who says Rodgers models us exactly on Man City??

Of course he doesn't, it's more the Bielsa influence on both Rodgers and Pep which lead to the similarity in style.  Both managers have went on at length many times in the past how they've adopted his philosophy.

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Agree Chapman I think he's excellent. Very good on the radio too. I thought Gabby Logan would be in with a shout too.

Either of those two would be great – that said I don't particularly dislike Jenas, when he goes and interviews players / staff and his chat is off-the-cuff ex-pro to current pro stuff, he's actually pretty watchable. But I don't think he's quite anchor* material, certainly not in the same bracket as Lineker - can't see him packing it in soon, mind.

*Don't, anybody

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s quite a simple approach that many big clubs fail to see. It’s one thing to spend big and but all the big names as we see with the likes of Man City and Real Madrid, it’s another to carefully think about building a team and getting players in who do a job within that team.

Liverpools midfield on paper is pretty average, no world beaters. They do all however, do their simpler role to perfection. Much like us in the title winning season.

Every cog knows it’s role and keeps turning for the greater good.

Please more comments like yours."Every cog knows it's role and keeps turning for the greater good" Touch of class that. Actually the whole comment is. Spiritual actually.

That's what hooked me on Rodgers when he was at Swansea. An article in the Telegraph about tika-taka that broke down each players attributes /responsibilities in relation to their position on the pitch.

Rodgers enlightened me with that bit of knowledge and made watching football so much more enjoyable.

What an awesome sport, sometimes I forget. Knowledge .....the final frontier.

Odion Ighalo to Man Utd? Errrrrmmmm.... 

£300k per week. Hasn't played for months as its China's close season, finished off his last PL spell with 1 goal in 18 games and is effectively in quarantine at the moment due to the Coronavirus. The Woodward way! 

Edited by The Bear

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

£300k per week. Hasn't played for months as its China's close season, finished off his last PL spell with 1 goal in 18 games and is effectively in quarantine at the moment due to the Coronavirus. The Woodward way! 

Apparently all done by email. Won’t be able to have a medical until tomorrow lol

4 hours ago, Langston said:

Either of those two would be great – that said I don't particularly dislike Jenas, when he goes and interviews players / staff and his chat is off-the-cuff ex-pro to current pro stuff, he's actually pretty watchable. But I don't think he's quite anchor* material, certainly not in the same bracket as Lineker - can't see him packing it in soon, mind.

*Don't, anybody

I like Jenas. Talks like a normal fella. No affectation. Seems a naturally  inquisivative guy. 

Gary has passed his football knowledge peak. His references are from too long ago; jock Wallace, Howard Kendall, El Tel, Bobby Robson. He's much better on general TV like sports personality or that grandad war thing he did

Just now, Paninistickers said:

I like Jenas. Talks like a normal fella. No affectation. Seems a naturally  inquisivative guy. 

Gary has passed his football knowledge peak. His references are from too long ago; jock Wallace, Howard Kendall, El Tel, Bobby Robson. He's much better on general TV like sports personality or that grandad war thing he did

He does seem like a nice guy, and you're right that he isn't as pretentious as some others. Would be good if he could correctly conjugate the verb to be but I guess we can't have it all.

28 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Would be great sign him as a stop gap for an injured rashford on big money then iron won’t be able to make it out of China and if he doe its a 2 week quarantine period hahah. Josh king to Utd would also be a strange one 

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Watching deadline day on SSN makes me feel sick, it's awful. I managed 10 minutes before it was turned off.

Sky sports is absolute garbage especially on transfer deadline day. Get it in the ****ing bin. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Watching deadline day on SSN makes me feel sick, it's awful. I managed 10 minutes before it was turned off.

And basically nothing happened really apart form West Ham spending more millions - one day it might come off for them!

Not sure Igahlo is going to be the answer to their problems - very much a fox in the box striker so won't be going out wide or playing on the counter attack as Man U like to do.

Mind you one thing is for sure - he'll score against us when we play them in February!

Seems to be a loan with an option to offer a contract - he is being paid 300k a week in China so guess unless he does wonders they won't rush to sign him on a permanent basis.