Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just what does it say about Mike Ashley and the sad decline of NUFC when the Toon are desperate for their club to be owned by a brutal, homicidal, uncivilised, psychopathic monster!

Watch out for club fines to be dropped and replaced with beheading for missing training and 50 lashes for a red card!

If MBS is a fit and proper person to own a prem club then there is literally no - one who isn't!

If I were David Levy I wouldn't be accepting invitations to after match drinks anytime soon!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IsItMuzzy said:

This is embarrassing for Man City and their fans... Pep calling fans out for not turning up to the Fulham game. 

Quite a contrast in the way Pep and Klopp approach the cups.

I’m an agnostic on the cups - the FA cup I value higher of the two obviously, though I would never jeopardize European qualification or competition for either.  But either way you have to at least show some respect to them in your public dealings, and Klopp really drops the ball on that. Pep judiciously skates his way through them but he always acts like he cares, even if he doesn’t all that much.

12 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

It's not a high bar that though is it? 

I’ll ask again - looking at MU’s roster, do you think they should be doing better? If not, how is it Ole’s fault?

Edited by Deeg67

Klopp is a serious bell cheese isnt he. Stropping that they have to play again so is refusing to play any of his first team squad. 

Do the fringe players really need a rest?  I get that its not ideal for any team, but use your squad. Refusing to even show up at the game is a new low. Would love it if they found a way to finish the season with nothing. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I’ll ask again - looking at MU’s roster, do you think they should be doing better? If not, how is it Ole’s fault?

Should they be any higher than fifth? No, probably not. I don't think anyone would argue that the problems at Utd are all down to Ole, but "well it's not all his fault" is not in itself a compelling argument that he's doing a good job and should be allowed to continue doing it.

He's got the worst win rate of any permanent Utd manager in about 90 years. There looks no evidence of any sort of attacking game plan at all aside from "use the quick lads on the counter". They're closer to Newcastle in 14th than they are to Chelsea one place above them. They're on course for their worst ever Premier League points finish by ten points. They've dropped points this season to Palace, Southampton, West Ham, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Villa, Everton, Watford and Burnley. 

Again, he's clearly not the biggest of the problems at the club, but he also clearly isn't a particularly great manager. If they do get in a quality director of football and revamp the squad, is he the manager you'd want leading it? What are his qualifications for managing one of the biggest clubs in world football aside from scoring a late winner 20 years ago? As a temporary fix after the players had grown tired of playing under a manager who openly hated them, he was ideal. As someone to rebuild the club and lead it out of its current malaise into a bright new future, I'm really not convinced. That said, from a Leicester point of view I hope Woodward and co. keep faith in him for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Klopp is a serious bell cheese isnt he. Stropping that they have to play again so is refusing to play any of his first team squad. 

Do the fringe players really need a rest?  I get that its not ideal for any team, but use your squad. Refusing to even show up at the game is a new low. Would love it if they found a way to finish the season with nothing. 

Not really his fault if the league told him to send his players on holiday is it. 

• Like 1

You can't force a club to field certain players in certain competitions.  The fact is that the club Klopp put out there should have been good enough, considering how much squad depth Liverpool has.

I think the problem isn't the team sheets he uses, but the way he doesn't even try and pretend he respects the integrity of the competitions.  It's one thing to not care about cups when you're fighting for a title and trying to win the Champions League - it's quite another to rub everyone's nose in it.

Edited by Deeg67

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If Saudi Arabia passes a fit and proper owners test then the Premier League is, ethically, finished. 

That would have to be peak Money In Football. 

North Korea would probably manage to so don’t hold your breath ........

if we have normal diplomatic and economic relations with a country then why would you  expect one of their sovereign wealth funds to not be acceptable ?   

7 hours ago, Stadt said:

Am I the only one thinks Southgate is a better manager than Solskjaer? I don't particularly rate Southgate either

I think you’re probably right but that’s because I think Solskjaer is abysmal where Southgate is just poor

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

North Korea would probably manage to so don’t hold your breath ........

if we have normal diplomatic and economic relations with a country then why would you  expect one of their sovereign wealth funds to not be acceptable ?   

Forgive me for suggesting that the word 'normal' here requires rather bold print inverted commas. 

I think Man Utd ought to be higher than 5th with that squad, especially given how crap Spurs, Arsenal and even Chelsea have been this season. We take the piss out of Maguire but that defence hasn't the problems of Arsenal or Spurs this season and their front 3 have enough goals in them, it's that central midfield where the blend is wrong. 

Ole will never succeed at a top club, not got the midas touch, clueless from top to bottom at Utd right now and you love to see it. Southgate going there would be a dream.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

The youth players thing I can sort of understand, but him not managing the team at all is one of the most arrogant things I've seen in football in a long time. If they go on to win it, then he'll be strutting about the pitch holding the trophy up that he couldn't be arsed to put the work in to earn. Prat. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Klopp gets a lot of stick. However, as a player you would have respect for him. Players getting to spend a week with their families is a massive bonus and he has protected them. Respecting a competition or not.

Pretty sure they'll be away on some warm weather training rather than being with their families for the most part.

14 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Pretty sure they'll be away on some warm weather training rather than being with their families for the most part.

He's quoted as saying the players have been given 2 weeks off, they have programmes to follow but they won't be with the club.

I think it's down to a combination or Liverpool not preparing for the eventuality and The Premier League to have a 2 week during the time it's possible there will be an FA Cup replay.

If I was a Shrewsbury fan or player I'd be buzzing at the chance to go to Anfield and get a win.

10 hours ago, IsItMuzzy said:

This is embarrassing for Man City and their fans... Pep calling fans out for not turning up to the Fulham game. 

I can’t blame fans for not turning up. It’s easier for a multi millionaire to stand there and say it wasn’t full. But people haven’t got bottomless pits of money to go and watch their team every game. 

I think 39,000 fans for a 4th round fa cup game live on the BBC is quite a good attendance. 

23 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I can’t blame fans for not turning up. It’s easier for a multi millionaire to stand there and say it wasn’t full. But people haven’t got bottomless pits of money to go and watch their team every game. 

I think 39,000 fans for a 4th round fa cup game live on the BBC is quite a good attendance. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they don't sell out the League Cup final. Like you say they're normal sized fan base that are now expected to pack out away ends across the UK and Europe at the drop of a hat year after year after year, on top of Cup finals more often than not.

If Man City were really that arsed they'd slash tickets prices right down and subsidise away trips, it's not like they don't have the cash. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Klopp gets a lot of stick. However, as a player you would have respect for him. Players getting to spend a week with their families is a massive bonus and he has protected them. Respecting a competition or not.

The gap between Shrewsbury replay to their league game is 11 days - a week off can still be achieved within the period off.