Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I can’t blame fans for not turning up. It’s easier for a multi millionaire to stand there and say it wasn’t full. But people haven’t got bottomless pits of money to go and watch their team every game. 

I think 39,000 fans for a 4th round fa cup game live on the BBC is quite a good attendance. 

Absolutely on the nail, if it were against prem opposition there would have been 50,000 but as you say we ain't all filthy rich and it was on the beeb.

On the general replays point - beware -

These managers seemed determined to steal our FA cup away so that pampered millionaire players don't overtax themselves, if players like Origi and Minamino need a break then I'm a banana!

a few years ago the same people (managers) called for and got League cup replays scrapped, now they want the competition scrapped, and FA Cup replays scrapped.... sort of a pattern developing here?

Just as Millionaire managers don't understand working people, they don't understand what a replay at eg Anfield means to players, staff, fans and the town of  Shrewsbury or any small club.

Keep your greedy hands off our wonderful FA cup traditions.

The Cup belongs to us the people not Johnny come lately managers with vested self interest.

Edited by Realjimbo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they don't sell out the League Cup final. Like you say they're normal sized fan base that are now expected to pack out away ends across the UK and Europe at the drop of a hat year after year after year, on top of Cup finals more often than not.

If Man City were really that arsed they'd slash tickets prices right down and subsidise away trips, it's not like they don't have the cash. 

They do to an extent.  When my daughter was a student there she used to get tickets for UCL games for £10-15 iirc.  At the same time we were paying £50+.

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they don't sell out the League Cup final. Like you say they're normal sized fan base that are now expected to pack out away ends across the UK and Europe at the drop of a hat year after year after year, on top of Cup finals more often than not.

If Man City were really that arsed they'd slash tickets prices right down and subsidise away trips, it's not like they don't have the cash. 

Someone on the Blue moon forum made a good point in saying they are up against Liverpool & Man United who have had 40+ years of success so have built up worldwide fan bases. Whereas Man City have only had a real sustained period of success in the last 10 years. 

Pep pretty much goes full tilt in every competition he enters, not everybody can afford to go to every match. They have got Real Madrid away in a couple of weeks people would have prioritised that over forking out for a Fa Cup ticket.

• Like 1

Don't agree with Klopp stance over the replay but, why, when they put forward the fixture list with a built in two week break, did the FA sanction any cup replays to be played during that period. Does not help clubs, managers and players with managing their commitments. Typical FA not thinking things through properly

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Don't agree with Klopp stance over the replay but, why, when they put forward the fixture list with a built in two week break, did the FA sanction any cup replays to be played during that period. Does not help clubs, managers and players with managing their commitments. Typical FA not thinking things through properly

I think it’s fair enough. If it’s the only gap in the schedule then there’s no reason not to put the game in that gap. Everyone has accepted it but Klopp who is just being disrespectful. If he wants to play to kids, fair enough. For him not to turn up though just sums up the arrogance of the man. Probably the manager I dislike the least, always wants to be the victim. Vile coach for a vile club.

55 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I think it’s fair enough. If it’s the only gap in the schedule then there’s no reason not to put the game in that gap. Everyone has accepted it but Klopp who is just being disrespectful. If he wants to play to kids, fair enough. For him not to turn up though just sums up the arrogance of the man. Probably the manager I dislike the least, always wants to be the victim. Vile coach for a vile club.

Him not turning up doesn't send out much of a message to whoever gets picked for the game either

18 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Him not turning up doesn't send out much of a message to whoever gets picked for the game either

For me him not turning up and being replaced by the under 23s manager is different to him turning up and selecting the kids. He’s basically just not doing his job by no turning up. Just giving himself the day off.

• Like 1

Mr "we're to good for the FA cup" Klopp is clearly saving his "best team in the world"for European matches - good cos its funny how English bests in the world regularly get smashed by second and third bests like Barca and Real!

There are at least 6 teams who will show where Liverpool are in reality.

This seasons Prem has been woeful, lots of middle table teams vying for scraps, if Klopp gets to the final I'll eat my head (© C. Dickens) much less wins it.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Klopp should be ashamed of himself moaning about this. 

It’s pathetic - he’s had a break down after letting a 2-0 lead go .... should have kept his mouth shut 

no issue for them to play a few first teamers who need game time like Shaquiri to supplement the kids. No reason for him to back himself into a corner like he has ..... surely the fans won’t be happy for him to throw away a possible double/treble ?? 

1 hour ago, Realjimbo said:

Mr "we're to good for the FA cup" Klopp is clearly saving his "best team in the world"for European matches - good cos its funny how English bests in the world regularly get smashed by second and third bests like Barca and Real!

This seasons Prem has been woeful, lots of middle table teams vying for scraps, if Klopp gets to the final I'll eat my head (© C. Dickens) much less wins it.

Can you remind me which club was in the last two finals? I think I forgot...

Liverpool are probably the best, Barca are horrible and real are in a mini transition period. PSG are good but can’t win the big one in Europe. 
my top 5

liverpool

PSG

City

bayern

real Madrid 

3 hours ago, peach0000 said:

2 hours ago, urban fox said:

2 hours ago, peach0000 said:

For me him not turning up and being replaced by the under 23s manager is different to him turning up and selecting the kids. He’s basically just not doing his job by no turning up. Just giving himself the day off.

I like Klopp for many reasons,I also come from a generation where City & Pool fans appreciated/respected each other.

But on this ,I agree with These posters...He is wrong,wrong,wrong...another Foreign manager who Just  doesnt understand the British fans phsyc and Emotion towards  the Tradition of the FA.cup or even League cup.  Maybe the cynical young fans might get more on his side,that will be a sad sad day...

I know some Manutd fans,its the One Thing they as fans seem Split upon...Ferguson And club,being questioned from within....!!!

if Klopp,runs with this,he might be supprised on Club fans rebound.....Its Not a question of Losing out in the league,But a League und cup double.They have had the CL recently.

The hardened traditional L'pool fans,no matter what Klopp says,will be gagging for a League ,cup double....!!!  The Media und Plastic fans,forget in England also Spain,Italy ,the importance of the national competitions....!!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Realjimbo said:

Imagine what you’d think of them if they hadn’t already made back to back Champions League finals 😂

15 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Read Rodgers comments about canceling the warm weather training incase a replay happened.

He picked and a managed a team who lost a 2 goal lead against League One opposition.

The man is a cretin, I actually used to quite like him, but the way he has twice thrown his toys out of the pram this season and played the kids is embarrassing.

Yes they had the World Club Cup, but other than that they have played they same amount of games as the other teams involved in European qualification.

Man Utd and Wolves has to play a replay in the the last round. Neither were happy but they still played without resorting to disrespecting the fans, the club and the competition.

This is clearly his way of trying to force the FA’s hand on replays and I for one, hope they fine the club for bringing the game into disrepute and not fielding their team in a cup competition.

Spot on. 

Remember when Wolves got fined under Mick McCarthy, for doing it in a league game. It should be no different for Klopp.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Imagine what you’d think of them if they hadn’t already made back to back Champions League finals 😂

Yeah point taken 😊 I just don't think they are as good as they think they are. And I'm pi**ed off with Klopp cos I actually liked the guy till he disrespected our FA cup.

My money would be one from Real, PSG, or Bayern for the final - if I was a gambler, with Juventus to win it.

Guest An Sionnach

If Fernandes does sign for Utd. he should wear a mask at all times he makes Wayne Rooney look like Brad Pitt😱🙈

4 hours ago, Realjimbo said:

Are you really suggesting that Liverpool AREN'T that good? 

I mean I do not like them or their fans. But fair they're ****ing brilliant. 

• Like 2