Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Most disappointing signing ever, when you expected so much more?

29 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Nacho is obviously shite, but much too obvious, and we didn’t expect him to improve us. 

You sure now   ?

With what he cost compared to the cost of the lads he was brought in to supposedly replace, I am fairly sure improvement was the aim.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Conscript Fox said:

You sure now   ?

With what he cost compared to the cost of the lads he was brought in to supposedly replace, I am fairly sure improvement was the aim.

Beckford was bought to be our best player. Iheanacho was bought to eventually replace Okazaki. Cost is irrelevant-there’s no comparison with how important each was supposed to be for us. 

3 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Beckford was bought to be our best player. Iheanacho was bought to eventually replace Okazaki. Cost is irrelevant-there’s no comparison with how important each was supposed to be for us. 

So Leicester City dropped 25 million quid on a player, but didn't expect improvement in that position  ?

25 million on a striker from a CL club is a statement of intent, a keynote signing for a club like this & he has absolutely stunk the place out. Its a serious error.

• Like 3

Dennis Wise. I was never happy with his signing, even using the "Well, now he's our spiteful, cheating b*****d" analogy. But in terms of expectation, considering he'd started for England just 12 months earlier and had been playing for a Successful winning club side I expected a lot more than shoulder barging, hospital balls, pinching and punching. He could have at least done it to the opposition as well!

For him to claim salary after what he did whilst decent people lost their jobs still makes me sick, he never "got" the club but in a short time we definitely got him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Conscript Fox said:

So Leicester City dropped 25 million quid on a player, but didn't expect improvement in that position  ?

25 million on a striker from a CL club is a statement of intent, a keynote signing for a club like this & he has absolutely stunk the place out. Its a serious error.

I mean, I suppose technically it’s a matter of opinion, but you’re definitely wrong. The money is a really misleading measure and you need to overlook that. He was signed to be a goalscoring 10, an upgrade on Okazaki’s non-scoring 10.

Iheanacho was signed to be a second striker, in a squad that included Mahrez and Vardy. He wasn’t signed to be our best player. 

The mistake was not signing another striker in January. We knew he was responding badly to pressure-now he only comes on when we’re desperate for a goal. Never gonna happen. 

52 minutes ago, Anglodanglo said:

Because he showed good middle name

Screenshot_20190506-223554_Chrome.jpg

Watford fell for the same con with Isaac Success Ajayi.

Why can't these Nigerian mamas drop "Wasteful" in as the middle name, so we'd know what we're getting.

Edited by KingsX
  • Haha 3

I dont know if nacho is the worst, but he is certainly a candidate.

The thing really going against nacho is his hype and his cost.  The expectation was way higher.

I feel the upper management of the club (DoF and CEO) need to give rodgers a free pass, and let a transfer fee loss not hit the playing budget.  Sadly I think he will be told he has to make the player work, because right now no one will want him for what we would probably want to sell him for.

Edited by Chrysalis

23 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

I mean, I suppose technically it’s a matter of opinion, but you’re definitely wrong. The money is a really misleading measure and you need to overlook that. He was signed to be a goalscoring 10, an upgrade on Okazaki’s non-scoring 10.

Iheanacho was signed to be a second striker, in a squad that included Mahrez and Vardy. He wasn’t signed to be our best player. 

The mistake was not signing another striker in January. We knew he was responding badly to pressure-now he only comes on when we’re desperate for a goal. Never gonna happen. 

Fair point on a 3rd striker, I feel we should never have let ulloa go, he wasnt the best striker in the league but he was most definitely a good enough second choice striker.

But was iheanacho a bad buy?  his position seems to be what vardy's is the out and out striker, which suggests he was brought as a replacement or cover for vardy.  Not someone to cover the supporting role which shinji did, so my view is he is not a replacement for shinji.  They different types of players.  Long answer short, a definite bad buy.  Strikers are hard to get right, we let ulloa go far far too easy.  But we do need 3 first team strikers no question even on a one up front formation.  So either buying one more to add to what we got or (preferably) replacing nacho and getting someone else as well so we have 3 total.  Also remember vardy is getting no younger, if he was injured in august and out all season with just nacho we would be in serious trouble.

• Like 2

I think probably Kramaric. I thought he'd be a star for us. He's gone on to do quite well but he never got close here really.

Inler was a disappointment. Thought he'd be better than he was.

I had high expectations for Iheanacho but not absolutely sky high, but I never thought he'd be this bad.

I'd be lying if I said I had high expectations of Ghezzal.

• Like 1

Kelechi Iheanacho - hype, price tag and age but poor attitude and isn't clinical.

Gokhan Inler - honestly was expecting a BTEC Cambiasso impact but we didn't even get that.

Bartosz Kapustka - we haven't seen a lot of him but he isn't even ripping up the Belgium 2nd division on loan.

Luis Hernandez - cost nothing but we let him be apart of Champions League campaign then jumped ship at first chance.

Edited by mannyfox98