Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Most disappointing signing ever, when you expected so much more?

7 hours ago, Langston said:

Really? A free? 

Vassell was fine for us.

Disappointing in terms of my  own expectations of an ex England forward in the championship, yes, albeit my expectations for him were quite high rightly or wrongly.

He only scored about 6 goals for us if I recall.

7 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

I mean, I suppose technically it’s a matter of opinion, but you’re definitely wrong. The money is a really misleading measure and you need to overlook that. He was signed to be a goalscoring 10, an upgrade on Okazaki’s non-scoring 10.

Iheanacho was signed to be a second striker, in a squad that included Mahrez and Vardy. He wasn’t signed to be our best player. 

The mistake was not signing another striker in January. We knew he was responding badly to pressure-now he only comes on when we’re desperate for a goal. Never gonna happen. 

"He wasn’t signed to be our best player."    Maybe not, but he was signed to be our best player in the position we signed him for.

Adrien Silva has been a bigger disappointment that Nacho who has had some good games for us. 

Silva we all thought was going to be the player Tielemans is, but he struggled with the pace of the game big time. 

That said both players should be moved on for their own good. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Nacho and Slimani....

Nearly 55 million combined

Let me say that again... 

Nearly 55 million combined

The mind boggles, it really does

10 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

Isn't that ten Kante's! What an equation that is!

Or 55 x Vardy

Or 137.5 x  Mahrez

These transfers are easily the worst because they are so damaging to the club.

Iheanacho wins it for me.  £25m plus millions in wages and every time I see him he makes me angry with that combination of being absolutely dreadful with that laissez-faire attitude.  This transfer absolutely stiffed the club as we can't realistically get anyone in until we get rid of him and Slim, off the wage bill and I can't see Top writing off the amount of money we'd have to discount them to, to make them saleable.

Nacho belongs in the Championship I'm afraid and that is where he's headed.

• Like 1

Beckford

Adi Akyinbadbuyee

Ghezzal

Dennis Wise

Nacho

Slimani

Mills

Nils Eric Johansson

Bruma

Disappointment but also expected so much more for different reasons, sometimes conduct, some performance and some just dismay at the signing itself!

Has to be Nachoman. 4 goals in 51 appearances and 2 of them when the season was as good as over. 

Slimani at least got more goals with far less games. Kramaric whilst disapointing was nowhere near as expensive and wasn't around as long.

For the hype and cost Nacho has to be the biggest disappointment of them all.

To determine whos the worst singing you got to consider the price as-well as just performance and i have to say..... Slimani/Nacho (55m) has to be the worst ever signings.. more than akinbiyi. 55m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the****

Edited by Simoken

13 hours ago, Nalis said:

Disappointing in terms of my  own expectations of an ex England forward in the championship, yes, albeit my expectations for him were quite high rightly or wrongly.

He only scored about 6 goals for us if I recall.

He played on the wing a fair bit and had spent time at some second rate Turkish club about five / six months prior to joining us.

He was alright, really.

Tunchev and Stephen Clemence; although their unsuccessful stints at the ckub werent exactly their fault (long-term injuries).

Martin Keown is another that springs to mind, although that was perhaps a 'panic buy' signing.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

22 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Tunchev and Stephen Clemence; although their unsuccessful stints at the ckub werent exactly their fault (long-term injuries).

Martin Keown is another that springs to mind, although that was perhaps a 'panic buy' signing.

Tunchev was great for us and was plucked from Bulgarian obscurity, were your expectations really as high as the standard he managed to deliver when with us?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Langston said:

He played on the wing a fair bit and had spent time at some second rate Turkish club about five / six months prior to joining us.

He was alright, really.

Fair enough, maybe my expectations were a bit unrealistic at the time to be fair.

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Maybe not a 25m, 20 goal a season one but certainly one good enough for this division when you consider the Shane Longs, Chris Woods, Ashley Barnes etc. I mean if Ashley Barnes can score double figures for Burnley, Nacho could do it with Harvey, Madders and Youri teeing him up. 

Yeah I definitely agree. He needs a pre-season with Brendan and a genuine vote of confidence from the manager.