Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ismaila Sarr - Gone to Watford.

Very similar profile to Nicholas Pepe who was linked last summer for £14m and some said he didn't look good enough. A year on where he has dismantled Ligue One and he's being linked with Europes elite for £60m. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah, but imagine how terrified the opposition will be! Guy runs towards them and they have no idea what’s going to happen because neither does he!

Gerrimin.

Sounds like Schlupp to me ?

• Like 1

If they bought him for £15m then Rennes are definitely not selling for £25m, if there's that sort of competition then he'll be going for near to £40m surely.

• Like 1

The right sort of fit, to be sure.  On the pace side of the pacey/technical divide, but certainly not unskilled technically.  I doubt 25 million gets it done but he'd slot in beautifully on the right.

16 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

12 goals and 11 assists is basically on par with what Riyad Mahrez did in his final season with us. He's only got those figures in Ligue 1, but a lot of French players who come over to the Premier League tend to be decent. As a young player he also fits the mould of what are looking for.

I still think we'll be in for Jarod Bowen but this player seems like he'd be in the Ricardo / Maddison mould of being a very decent signing with a lot of potential to get even better.

Would love it if we signed both him & Bowen to replace Ghezzal & Gray however I struggle to see it.

However slightly concerned on the video how he never seems to fully be in control of the ball? Maybe BR thinks he will be able coach him to add that to his game.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

15 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... seems to have a heavy touch, ball not always under control and poor final ball. 

Not convinced about Sarr and have a long way to go to match Chukwueze who is somewhat in a different league. Chukwueze for me for the right side, very much like Mahrez shooting across the keeper and very good ball control. 

For me, either:

Chukwueze 

Neres

Bailey 

One of the above would surely confirm, we mean business!! 

Don’t forget Lozano on that list... 17 goals & 8 assists this year & last. 

Gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! :brendan_still:

22 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Great signing for them. Do you know the figure? If it’s any less than €30m we’ve lost out imo.

£34m apparently.

As good as he looks the only area of concern would be Mexicans seldomly settle and do well on UK shores, Chicarito is the only one I can really think of that has been a success.

Edited by henrik_62

16 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

£34m apparently.

As good as he looks the only area of concern would be Mexicans seldomly settle and do well on UK shores, Chicarito is the only one I can really think of that has been a success.

Jimenez is on fire at wolves? Vela was a good player to imo.

6 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Jimenez is on fire at wolves? Vela was a good player to imo.

Jimenez is a decent shout.  Vela as much as a good player didn't do it at all at Arsenal.

There will always be a few exceptions but in the main Mexican players seem to bomb in the UK by and large for some reason.

Just now, henrik_62 said:

Jimenez is a decent shout.  Vela as much as a good player didn't do it at all at Arsenal.

There will always be a few exceptions but in the main Mexican players seem to bomb in the UK by and large for some reason.

To be fair, there hasn't been that many come here compared with other South American (can Mexico be classed in that bracket?) countries.