Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ismaila Sarr - Gone to Watford.

I've seen him play a fair bit and yes he is better than Gray but not by much. 

His main issue is decision making, which is what puts me off, a very raw talent.

Edited by L3n9a
  • Thanks 1

Musa was a short arse who'd only ever looked good against Russian defences.

This lad is 6ft1, physically powerful, I see similarities to Wilfred Zaha in some of his movement. Crucially, he's done well in Ligue 1 in terms of goals and assists, which is a good standard these days.

Fast and direct. Can play either side quite comfortably. Quiet personality. Assume he's French speaking so probably would get along well with Ricardo, Mendy, Tielemans etc. Crucially, he's 21 and could benefit from two years of gametime and Rodgers management that Gray never had.

I think he will go to Watford, but this is exactly the sort of player you'd want us to bring in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

He couldn't finish his dinner last season

Hardly surprising really don't you think?  From u23s to big step up at West Brom where he was frequently scoring, assisting and becoming arguably one of a few stand out players in the Championship. 

Moved back to us he was immediately thrust into Premiership action against some formidable defenders, an even bigger step up for the kid, but he didn't shrink from his task. Moved from his West Brom position where he'd been very successful into an unfamiliar left wing role yet you and others seem to somehow think he should have been an instant goal machine!

There were times when through his own direct play that he got himself into a shooting position and fluffed his lines lacking a bit of composure. Anyone criticising him under such fish out of water conditions needs to take a good look at themselves. Are you the same one's that gave Chilwell such stick because of his odd mistakes?  It's a good job Puel ignored you then and played him regardless else you now wouldn't have a 60m+ England international. These young players will all make some blinding errors this season so don't let it come as a huge surprise, expect it, let it pass and encourage them. 

The future of our club will rely on bringing through such talent and selling the odd one on for huge profit for the collective good of the whole in the medium to longer term. The pathetic clamoring after yet another guessed at supposed foreign instant new shiny thing fix is precisely why a number of teams never make it because they all piss in the same pot and end up with,  give or take a few points, the same 'never quite make it' mediocrity. We are now daring to do something different. A bit of patience is required and not histrionics and obsession with a short term pathetic 6th place for one season.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 4

He looked the business in Senegal's first two games at the World Cup and he absolutely destroyed Arsenal in the Europa League last season.

His stats in Ligue 1 last season look decent but they hardly blow you away.

From what I've seen of him though I was very impressed with his pace and power.

1 minute ago, Genesis1 said:

Is this the guy that tore Arsenal apart??

Yes he was the guy that tore Arsenal a new one in the first leg between the two teams. Sarr scored a flying header and also was fouled by Sokratis who picked up a second yellow card for doing so. He was MOTM in that game by a mile.

Regarding our interest in him, he's an interesting one. He's definitely not the finished article which is what I think we really want. But a young player from Ligue 1 who is fast, strong and can finish... I mean those players always end up being great over here. Plus at 20 years old, this is one of those signings that you we could end up buying now for 30m and selling for 50m in 2-4 years time.

I do think we can do better, but I wouldn't be unhappy to see him here. I think Albrighton would start the season ahead of him, but boy would it create a lot of good problems and competition for places in terms of squad selection. With the window closing soon, we probably have to take deals where we can get them and this one has the advantage that Rennes will definitely sell and probably have already determined the amount they want.

The biggest plus for me is that he's a good finisher, which is the number one thing we lack in our team right now. Perez already looks like good business just because he doesn't piss himself when he's in front of goal and can keep his composure. If all 3 of our forward players could finish, the entire team gets better, because all of a sudden you can threaten from either flank or through the middle. His pace is no joke either!

• Like 3