Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Women's World Cup 2019

9 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Cameroon shouldn't be anywhere near the WC anyway. Ranked 46th in the World. The drop off in quality is huge after maybe the top 20 or 25. I know it's the "World" Cup, but being the 2nd least worst team from your region shouldn't get you in.

They've been found out against one of the best teams in the world. They should simply deal with it.

Cameroon didn't deserve to win this at all, poor tactics, poor sportsmanship. Spitting on other players is so 1990.

I also wonder how they've managed to finish first in their qualification group, quality in Africa seems to be seriously lacking.

27 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

They reckon a picture can say a thousand words ...   look at that prat ...   ‘What foul?’ ...  what a nasty piece of work he is.   Ironic it says ‘sport’ in the corner ...   

F1E43D42-5A61-457B-93EF-236FD5089311.jpeg

bit harsh calling Phil Neville a prat! lol

But actually that was a really bad challenge. Cameroon's shithousery was off the scale. Great performance from England to see the game out and not allow themselves to get wound up by it.

Norway next....

50 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

They reckon a picture can say a thousand words ...   look at that prat ...   ‘What foul?’ ...  what a nasty piece of work he is.   Ironic it says ‘sport’ in the corner ...   

F1E43D42-5A61-457B-93EF-236FD5089311.jpeg

Oh come off it. 

Every manager does that. Every manager goes crazy when a decision doesn't go their way even if it's the most blatant foul right in front of their eyes. 

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Oh come off it. 

Every manager does that. Every manager goes crazy when a decision doesn't go their way even if it's the most blatant foul right in front of their eyes. 

If it’s not much of a foul ..   it there is a bit of play acting ..  maybe.  But that wasn’t just blatant it was highly dangerous ...   there is a big difference.

11 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Cameroon shouldn't be anywhere near the WC anyway. Ranked 46th in the World. The drop off in quality is huge after maybe the top 20 or 25. I know it's the "World" Cup, but being the 2nd least worst team from your region shouldn't get you in.

Get ready to duplicate this comment in 2026 when we go to 48 teams in the men's tournament and dilute one of the best formatted and most entertaining spectacles we've had over the last 20 years in the 32-team format.

The behaviour of the Cameroon players were a disgrace and the referee totally lost control of the game. so some important decisions went against them so they kicked up a fuss and spat at and kicked our players. their behaviour was totally unacceptable and then to come out at the end of the match and play the racism card. they got beat by the better team and their tactics were clear for everyone to see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

If it’s not much of a foul ..   it there is a bit of play acting ..  maybe.  But that wasn’t just blatant it was highly dangerous ...   there is a big difference.

Mate, Arsene Wenger would be shrugging because he'd never have seen it and Jose Mourinho would be waving his finger at the England player for exaggerating. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Jose Mourinho would be waving his finger at the England player for exaggerating. 

...or saying that women shouldn't be anywhere near a football pitch not even as physios.:whistle:

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Get ready to duplicate this comment in 2026 when we go to 48 teams in the men's tournament and dilute one of the best formatted and most entertaining spectacles we've had over the last 20 years in the 32-team format.

Yeah made this point to a friend after the Thailand result. Remember Tahiti at Confederations Cup? 9-0 loss to Spain. 

Be the same with the new World Club Cup as well

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Mate, Arsene Wenger would be shrugging because he'd never have seen it and Jose Mourinho would be waving his finger at the England player for exaggerating. 

Racist, sexist, mysogynist, b@stards !!! ...   :)

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah made this point to a friend after the Thailand result. Remember Tahiti at Confederations Cup? 9-0 loss to Spain. 

Be the same with the new World Club Cup as well

Tbf Tahiti was different. The Confederations Cup didn't increase its numbers to allow them in, they won their regional competition and qualified. Nothing wrong with that. The Oceana version of Greece. 

18 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Tbf Tahiti was different. The Confederations Cup didn't increase its numbers to allow them in, they won their regional competition and qualified. Nothing wrong with that. The Oceana version of Greece. 

Wider point I was making was shit teams qualify, shit games happen. 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Wider point I was making was shit teams qualify, shit games happen. 

But you're complaining about shit teams being allowed to qualify due to increasing the size, I guess my point is, they'll sometimes make it anyway.

24 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

But you're complaining about shit teams being allowed to qualify due to increasing the size, I guess my point is, they'll sometimes make it anyway.

I think whenever you pick an arbitrary number of teams that qualify for a tournament, you inevitably end up excluding good teams or including bad teams. I think for the sake of growing the game around the world, FIFA should err on the side of including more teams than might be necessary. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I bet the Canadians will show up with hockey sticks!

:D

17 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The media would have you believe that women footballers are more virtuous than the men. Not on today's evidence. Spitting, elbows,  bad tackles, waving of imaginary cards, disrespect towards the officials. It's all been on display.

Yeah - the Jonathan Pearce position, ie you 'don't see' diving, dissent, bad sportsmanship etc etc in the women's game. Deeply patronising in my view. I find the fact that women are just as capable as men of 'bad' behaviour totally refreshing.

Now all we need is JP himself and his excruciating double act with Sue Smith to be binned by the BBC...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Yeah - the Jonathan Pearce position, ie you 'don't see' diving, dissent, bad sportsmanship etc etc in the women's game. Deeply patronising in my view. I find the fact that women are just as capable as men of 'bad' behaviour totally refreshing.

Now all we need is JP himself and his excruciating double act with Sue Smith to be binned by the BBC...

I have to say, Jonathan Pearce's sanctimonious and consistent commentary on the referees and VAR was absolutely insufferable. I want commentators to tell me what's going on, factually. Pearce is fast becoming one of those commentators who thinks we need to know what he thinks about the situation, when in fact we can make our own minds up (and notwithstanding that's what your co-commentator is there for)

Absolute farce that he's the women's no.1 commentator. Steve Wilson, Guy Morbway or Vicki Sparks could easily have that gig. (Sparks 100x better than Cowan, btw, if we're going for a female commentator)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I have to say, Jonathan Pearce's sanctimonious and consistent commentary on the referees and VAR was absolutely insufferable. I want commentators to tell me what's going on, factually. Pearce is fast becoming one of those commentators who thinks we need to know what he thinks about the situation, when in fact we can make our own minds up (and notwithstanding that's what your co-commentator is there for)

Absolute farce that he's the women's no.1 commentator. Steve Wilson, Guy Morbway or Vicki Sparks could easily have that gig. (Sparks 100x better than Cowan, btw, if we're going for a female commentator)

Completely agree with all of that.