Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

8 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Seeing Bloom get so much value out of USG while King Power just pissed away years and money at OHL just drove me nuts

At least we may be into something with Opoku, finally.

...it would have all come down to good scouting, developing players through Union is immaterial just like we have a state-of-the-art training ground!!!

It is the procesess that you put in place that makes things work.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...it would have all come down to good scouting, developing players through Union is immaterial just like we have a state-of-the-art training ground!!!

Agreed. The likes of Ashworth (now Newcastle) put that in place.

We need to find an upgrade on Rudders  to improve our chances.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Brighton whilst not as impressive as Seagrave have a new and modern training ground.

This one is for you @Ric Flair, I don't know if you've seen it before but I think this is the only highlight reel that truly shows what Harvey is best at, direct charging runs towards the goal with his physicality and speed, defenders and GKs shit themselves when he starts his run just like a Pamplona Bull.

I always wonders what is the reason why we are not seeing this style of play from him recently ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BenTayfour said:

This one is for you @Ric Flair, I don't know if you've seen it before but I think this is the only highlight reel that truly shows what Harvey is best at, direct charging runs towards the goal with his physicality and speed, defenders and GKs shit themselves when he starts his run just like a Pamplona Bull.

I always wonders what is the reason why we are not seeing this style of play from him recently ?

Yeah it's very frustrating to see us/him seemingly not playing to his strengths. When he does, he's unplayable and a very good finisher.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BenTayfour said:

It baffles many of us. Personally I think it has been an issue since his longer injury. He is very weak player against player bodily contact and now he seems fearful of any challenge. I think mentally he has a fear issue now except when in open space. Whatever it is he contributes far too little game in game out so we allow a spare player on the opposition side with time and space. He needs some coach and a trick cyclist to fix that and get him going as a all round asset to a team.

• Like 1

He can't go around the outside of defenders, he has to cut inside else pass it backwards.

It's because he is a right footed player being forced to play on the left wing.

He is incapable of getting as far as the corner flag and putting in a half decent cross.

27 minutes ago, Dawko said:

He can't go around the outside of defenders, he has to cut inside else pass it backwards.

He is incapable of getting as far as the corner flag and putting in a half decent cross.

I suppose this is it really. He is outstanding but in a very specific way. If a defender can block that cut inside, perhaps by reducing the space between him and Barnesy and if he has a belligerent midfield colleague who’ll help him, then his effectiveness can be nullified. He goes to his right only, he’s quite easily robbed of possession as he doesn’t dribble with the ball close to him (a bit like Chilwell) and he doesn’t like aerial challenges BUT if he gets space to cut inside he can be unstoppable.

His cross for Vardy at Burnley away last season was great on his left, he can do it. I think he’s probably been let down by the coaching he’s received in his career. 

He’s needed somebody to make the game incredibly simple for him and be instructive. Instead he’s bred up with Rodgers playing to his weaknesses for the last two years.

1 hour ago, Dawko said:

He isn't forced to play on the left, it's where he's most effective. Because he's just not good enough on the right, and down the middle he struggles with his back to goal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Barnes is a difficult one to predict, his contribution stats are great and should be expecting interest from the best clubs but also can't see any of them going for him. Unless its cut price and helps their homegrown quota. 

Doesn't work hard enough for Klopp, not technical enough for Pep and the others don't really need him. I guess Spurs might. I think Villa is his current level and could see that. 

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Barnes is a difficult one to predict, his contribution stats are great and should be expecting interest from the best clubs but also can't see any of them going for him. Unless its cut price and helps their homegrown quota. 

Doesn't work hard enough for Klopp, not technical enough for Pep and the others don't really need him. I guess Spurs might. I think Villa is his current level and could see that. 

I expect it will be one of Spurs, Newcastle and Villa he ends up at

• Like 1

On 12/05/2023 at 10:43, UniFox21 said:

Because he's just not good enough on the right.

Given our laughable attempts to find anybody to play there , I am pretty sure he would do the job fine. Lookman on the left and Iheanacho in the middle could have worked pretty well. It will never be now and in truth after over fifteen years with us Harvey will probably be off.

57 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Given our laughable attempts to find anybody to play there , I am pretty sure he would do the job fine. Lookman on the left and Iheanacho in the middle could have worked pretty well. It will never be now and in truth after over fifteen years with us Harvey will probably be off.

...Barnes needs to work out what it is that he is good at, and work to build on it!!!

At the moment he is still unsure of himself on the pitch, after all this time, he still has doubts about himself and frankly, I do not think he knows himself at all. Like Chilwell, there are aspects of his game that he needs to work on, but he is waiting for it to happen naturally, our his coach to realise and show him as opposed to going and working on himself.

We would never have bought Lookman to usurp Barnes, it would still leave us having a player playing out of position. A price tag of £10m for Tete would be a good deal, although some might view it to be excessive due to what we have seen so far.

Tete playing one - touch two touch football is what he needs to be concentrating on, the longer he holds on to the ball, the likelihood he runs into blind alleys, and any movement by the forwards are negated as they will then look to get back "on-side" as any pass made to them would find them offside. His mindset should really be on "supply" as opposed to a wide attacker. Cutting inside with wild swings at the ball, makes him look poor, placement is what you need, not trying to knock the skin off the ball.

Barnes was player most let down by Brendan. Spent his whole time stroking Maddison’s ego and calling everyone else crap. 

Really like Barnes as player, but he’s not the one to drag you out of trouble and Christ he can be frustrating. Less of a hermit than Maddison though so doesn’t wind me up as much

• Like 1

One of those mercurial players that on his day is unstoppable but there aren’t enough of those days.  Similar to Rashford in as much as I am not sure what his best position is.

Expect he may go in the summer as we need to raise funds to finance the rebuild.