Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

I've said it before and i'll say it again, in this current system I think he is better suited on the right wing and asked to only drift in when attacking crosses that come from the left hand side. If he offers width out right he would form a great partnership with Ricardo, something he has struggled to do with Chilwell and isn't the only player in this squad who struggles to.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've said it before and i'll say it again, in this current system I think he is better suited on the right wing and asked to only drift in when attacking crosses that come from the left hand side. If he offers width out right he would form a great partnership with Ricardo, something he has struggled to do with Chilwell and isn't the only player in this squad who struggles to.

Maybe that is so, but I'd argue that playing him in this system at all doesn't take advantage of his attributes. He is a 10/second striker.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Maybe try Barnes RW and Perez LW? 

Could bring the best out of Ayoze as he’ll be able to cut in on his favoured foot.

• Like 2

I would love to see us play with Barnes & Perez playing just behind Vardy swapping around and not wide wingers as Chilwell & Ricardo should do that, Maddison & Tielemans behind them with Ndidi behind them, back 4 & Kasper. 

Shall I get me coat... :surrender:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Maybe that is so, but I'd argue that playing him in this system at all doesn't take advantage of his attributes. He is a 10/second striker.

I think he's versatile to play anywhere across the front support line but his understanding with Chilwell is the bins and unless we go 3-4-2-1 then I can't see him playing centrally yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Maybe try Barnes RW and Perez LW? 

Could bring the best out of Ayoze as he’ll be able to cut in on his favoured foot.

..strange that all the talk has been about him being successful on the right playing off Rondon!!!

Not doubting your suggestion and I think it really needs something to happen to convince himself he did not make the wrong decision coming here. I suspect we are going to repeat the same error with our forward line in respect of compatibility with Vardy in position as the main man.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not as off topic as it might appear, but I'm bloody annoyed with Ben Chilwell. 

He's got all the right attributes, he's not even as bad as a crosser as some on here suggest but he doesn't play as well as he should. It's interesting that the narrative around him was that he was great going forward as a really young player (which I personally disagreed with at the time) but not great at defending whereas now I think the opposite is true. He's an astute defender but has regressed offensively, unfortunately.

31 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He's got all the right attributes, he's not even as bad as a crosser as some on here suggest but he doesn't play as well as he should. It's interesting that the narrative around him was that he was great going forward as a really young player (which I personally disagreed with at the time) but not great at defending whereas now I think the opposite is true. He's an astute defender but has regressed offensively, unfortunately.

I’m genuinely intrigued as to the instructions Chilwell has when going forward. I lose count of the number of times he drives forward into the final third, the winger tracks him back so he stops, then passes sideways or backwards and doesn’t go any further forward. Contrast with Ricardo who is always looking for the one-two and attempting to get to the byline where he can cut the ball back or across, which is where Vardy’s goal at Spurs (plus another one at home?) came from. It really limits our attacking play when teams sit deep at home.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Whenever I see Barnes play it looks like he doesn't really have a clear understanding on where he should be and where his teammates will be... 

So, like everyone on the team at the moment?

10 hours ago, Quorn_fox said:

I’m genuinely intrigued as to the instructions Chilwell has when going forward. I lose count of the number of times he drives forward into the final third, the winger tracks him back so he stops, then passes sideways or backwards and doesn’t go any further forward. Contrast with Ricardo who is always looking for the one-two and attempting to get to the byline where he can cut the ball back or across, which is where Vardy’s goal at Spurs (plus another one at home?) came from. It really limits our attacking play when teams sit deep at home.

I think Ricardo is just a much better player than Chilwell is, and Chilwell is overrated. He is a good player and has a good dribble in him, but he is not even as good as Fuchs when going forward. It is fine, but Rodgers would need to set up his team recognising that, or use Fuchs.

Edited by Tom12345

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

So, like everyone on the team at the moment?

It's a clear fault with his game, been saying it since last season. He cannot link up play properly because of it... doesn't help playing with Chilwell who is turning into a headless chicken, but he clearly doesn't know when to make a run, when to go outside, when to go inside. He's young, there is plenty of time to learn it, but you feel he'd be better off out there with someone with experience to tell him when and where to go at times. 

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..strange that all the talk has been about him being successful on the right playing off Rondon!!!

Not doubting your suggestion and I think it really needs something to happen to convince himself he did not make the wrong decision coming here. I suspect we are going to repeat the same error with our forward line in respect of compatibility with Vardy in position as the main man.

Think the difference is at Newcastle he was much more of an inside forward on the right instead of a winger, think Salah instead of Suso. He was playing just off Rondon. Here, that's not the case.

37 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's a clear fault with his game, been saying it since last season. He cannot link up play properly because of it... doesn't help playing with Chilwell who is turning into a headless chicken, but he clearly doesn't know when to make a run, when to go outside, when to go inside. He's young, there is plenty of time to learn it, but you feel he'd be better off out there with someone with experience to tell him when and where to go at times. 

Yeah I agree, he either needs to be on the left with Fuchs but I worry how feasible that is week in, week out or play him on the right with Ricardo who would compliment him very well due to him being the fcukin boyo

• Like 1

I'm worried the rest of the team don't trust him. He was lethal at West Brom because he was finding space and his team mates were looking for him. He's making good runs and finding space at the moment but the rest of the team aren't looking for him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I'm worried the rest of the team don't trust him. He was lethal at West Brom because he was finding space and his team mates were looking for him. He's making good runs and finding space at the moment but the rest of the team aren't looking for him.

Nah I think he just has far less space to work in and is finding the step up to the Premier League a challenge. He'll get there. 

• Like 1