Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Great cross, even better with that being his weaker foot. 

28 minutes ago, rachhere said:

He did good today. Still just not working with him and Ben though - and considering how many years they have been working together, not sure how much faith I have that it will change :S.

Thought they linked up well at times, the system of the centre mid coming wide and Barnes drifting inside doesn't suit Chilwell for me.

His best assist to date, on his weaker foot but the general play to create the opening was impressive. As someone else mentioned, it was crucial for us to score before half time otherwise the win would have been very hard to achieve.

He's ticking along nicely, not absolutely ripping it up but more than made his mark at this level and will continue to get better.

Wish he could get on the same wavelength as Chilwell. Sometimes it's almost like they've never played together before.

Chilwell took a lot of critisim around me today in the first half, but Barnes was so far forward it wasn't a good pass - Tielemans and Maddison had to start dropping into the gap between them.

Hope it clicks soon. It could be the making of both of them

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Guesty said:

Wish he could get on the same wavelength as Chilwell. Sometimes it's almost like they've never played together before.

Chilwell took a lot of critisim around me today in the first half, but Barnes was so far forward it wasn't a good pass - Tielemans and Maddison had to start dropping into the gap between them.

Hope it clicks soon. It could be the making of both of them

Even when Albrighton plays out there its chaos with Chilwell, the lad is a maverick. 

He looks so low on confidence to me. Turning backwards and jogging inside with his head down all the time. Frustrating, because everytime he looks to make something happen, or take someone on, he looks so dangerous. Hopefully the assist gives him a little more self belief.

• Like 1

Including the goal against Wolves (which was was given as an OG but it should have been Barnes') he's basically bang on 0.5 G+A p90 in his time in the PL. He's quietly really productive and against Burnley he was drifting into some dangerous central positions. I'm convinced he's going to nuclear at some point and start bagging LRAC

On 20/10/2019 at 08:09, Babylon said:

Great cross... but have to say he was poor again in general. His runs and positioning have me pulling my hair out. Really not happy with both wide players at the moment.

Find that a bit harsh. There's definitely room for improvement, but in the first half he attempted more than a few runs in behind the defense which would've put him in a similar position to when he made his cross, but the through ball or ball over the top never came and Chilwell just kept passing it back and forth to Soyuncu instead. After a while he gives up making those runs as he doesn't get any of the right service, and looks ineffective as a result.

Our left side just don't seem to be in sync with each other at all and they're both looking poor because of it.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Xen said:

Find that a bit harsh. There's definitely room for improvement, but in the first half he attempted more than a few runs in behind the defense which would've put him in a similar position to when he made his cross, but the through ball or ball over the top never came and Chilwell just kept passing it back and forth to Soyuncu instead. After a while he gives up making those runs as he doesn't get any of the right service, and looks ineffective as a result.

Our left side just don't seem to be in sync with each other at all and they're both looking poor because of it.

He spends too much time drifting inside, rarely makes runs that actually pull players out of the space for Chilwell to go into (not that he'd do much with it as his final ball is garbage). And those runs you talk about are often not really the right areas IMO or too late. So often it needed him to make a run wide to create space, but he was too central and it all gets too condensed. 

He's got the nuts and bolts of a good player, I like him don't get me wrong. But as a pair it doesn't function and that's on Barnes as much as it's on Chilwell. 

44 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He spends too much time drifting inside, rarely makes runs that actually pull players out of the space for Chilwell to go into (not that he'd do much with it as his final ball is garbage). And those runs you talk about are often not really the right areas IMO or too late. So often it needed him to make a run wide to create space, but he was too central and it all gets too condensed. 

He's got the nuts and bolts of a good player, I like him don't get me wrong. But as a pair it doesn't function and that's on Barnes as much as it's on Chilwell. 

This is why I'd like to see him played right wing for a bit and see if he has more of an impact on the game. He's clearly talented but given Chilwell is a problem going forward as is the whole left side, we should try other options. 

• Like 2

Liquid gold tonight, probably the first real performance for the majority of the game from him. His movement and first touch to draw the opposition was something else. Had a hand in so many of those first flurry of goals. Lovely words from Rodgers after the game, anyone who thought he was harsh after last week... just look at what Barnes and Perez stepped up and did tonight. They all believe, they expect and want more.

• Like 4