Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

16 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I'm worried the rest of the team don't trust him. He was lethal at West Brom because he was finding space and his team mates were looking for him. He's making good runs and finding space at the moment but the rest of the team aren't looking for him.

Also a bit worried Rodgers don’t trust him.  You have to question why the lad hasn’t been starting & why Maddison is the preferred choice at LW. Even Gray was selected over him last match :unsure:

Might be a similar situation to Southgate / Maddison. :dunno:

10 minutes ago, Shane said:

Also a bit worried Rodgers don’t trust him.  You have to question why the lad hasn’t been starting & why Maddison is the preferred choice at LW. Even Gray was selected over him last match :unsure:

Might be a similar situation to Southgate / Maddison. :dunno:

I think the truth is that Rodgers like @LinekersApples always said wanted a winger in the window and he didn't get one for whatever reason. If that situation has now contributed to playing Hamza and Ndidi I'm unsure but he appears to favour 4141 less because he perhaps doesn't feel he has two decent, reliable, goal scoring wide options?

His lack of game time this season has been truly bizarre - Gray starting ahead of him on Saturday was as strange as it gets.

It does look as if Rodgers doesn't fancy him too much.

When Barnes gets the ball we get miles up the pitch and he usually finds a Leicester player with a decent pass/cross, no idea why he doesn't start more. 

I think RW with instructions to cut inside in is where he should play, I agree with others that Ricky P is the man he needs to link up with, Chilwell has either been told to stop attacking so much or he has lost confidence, it is getting annoying how much he will run forward, stop then pass backwards and stand still. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think the truth is that Rodgers like @LinekersApples always said wanted a winger in the window and he didn't get one for whatever reason. If that situation has now contributed to playing Hamza and Ndidi I'm unsure but he appears to favour 4141 less because he perhaps doesn't feel he has two decent, reliable, goal scoring wide options?

.. strange, if that was the case! 

There were wingers available and close to home (James /Man. U) Sarr, now at Watford and options overseas. I am sure we are competive in relation to salaries but I am sure that I read somewhere that he did not want an out and out winger!! 

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Do you genuinely believe that? :D 

yes. 

nobody else on our team either can or has the balls to just run with the ball and pass it forwards. we look infinitely better when he's on the pitch and we have done in literally every minute he has played for us. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Im not disagreeing with the second part, but you really think Harvey Barnes is our best player? You rate him higher than Ricardo, Vardy, Maddison, Tielemans?

Maybe he is our best dribbler, but he’s not the finished product yet. We still should have signed a winger in the summer to remove some of the pressure off Barnes and flogged Gray for £15m

Don't think you could sell Gray for that much even last summer to be honest

Barnes and Ricardo are arguably the only ‘gambling’ players we have where if they go at the man and beat him we’re in, whereas if they get tackled we’re in the shit, these are the kind of players you pay to watch.

‘I wasn’t the best because I killed quickly, I was the best because the crowd loved me, win the crowd and you will have your freedom’

• Like 1

Should start on Saturday with Albrighton on the other wing. Get Maddison and Tielemans in the middle together and have Ndidi or Choudhury sitting deep. 

Gray shouldn't be anywhere near the squad. We have Perez as an option to come on if need be as a winger/forward. And Iheanacho if we want to be more direct with 2 actual strikers. 

Barnes has to be starting. Clearly better and more impactful when he plays. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

yes. 

nobody else on our team either can or has the balls to just run with the ball and pass it forwards. we look infinitely better when he's on the pitch and we have done in literally every minute he has played for us. 

Whilst he hasn't had the best start to the season, Ricardo can absolutely do that

Just now, pmcla26 said:

I’m not saying he’s worth that, but I think when you look at some of the other deals done, like last year, £12million for Ghezzal. With the fact he’s young and English as well I think you could get about £15m for Gray. 

Hmm. Potentially. But it seems lile everyone who could/would spend money on him are too smart to do so, if you understand what I'm saying. Maybe Bournemouth could, but they have a ton of new wingers and old wingers in their squad. Do you see Watford, Brighton, Southampton etc forking out that much on a proven dud? The likes of Everton/West Ham, who are closer to our level, definitely wouldn't because if he's no good here why would he be so there?

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Hmm. Potentially. But it seems lile everyone who could/would spend money on him are too smart to do so, if you understand what I'm saying. Maybe Bournemouth could, but they have a ton of new wingers and old wingers in their squad. Do you see Watford, Brighton, Southampton etc forking out that much on a proven dud? The likes of Everton/West Ham, who are closer to our level, definitely wouldn't because if he's no good here why would he be so there?

The Birmingham connection would put paid to this annoyingly but I think Villa might've done.

Crystal Palace?

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah, I understand. I suppose the potential suitors would probs be newly relegated teams in the Championship, we could have maybe got £15 million out of Fulham or the likes... but even then, Grays not guaranteeing promotion either

I don't see a relegated team buying him either. Like you said, for big money (for the Championship) you want something concrete, serious goal involvement.  Gray doesn't get that here, it's not guaranteed he'll get them there.  Championship scouts can pick up and develop the lines of Buendia, Maddison, and many many more, for comparatively a lot less. Even the profligate Fulham got Cavaleiro and Knockaert on loans instead of spending tall money. 

51 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

yes. 

Hard to engage when you come out with this overwrought bollox. 

While the intent is laudable, to be our best player he'd need to be quite a bit better at just running with the ball and passing it forwards. 

Just now, turtmcfly said:

Hard to engage when you come out with this overwrought bollox. 

While the intent is laudable, to be our best player he'd need to be quite a bit better at just running with the ball and passing it forwards. 

yeah but that’s the point. at the moment just doing either of those two things makes you comfortably out best player. 

Seems a better impact player at the mo, but I dont think the idea that Rodgers doesn't rate him is fair. He's been in every squad and (I think?) Played in every game??

If we can get him, Perez and Madderzzz comfortable in any of those AM positions then we could be devastating with a 4231 formation. That's if we dont become a team of centre backs and defensive midfielders 🤪

• 3 weeks later...

What are peoples thoughts on hin so far?

Got to say, I've been generally disappointed in him since he came back from West Brom. He's only really had 3 or 4 genuinely good games since he came back in January, but the vast majority of games, he's been pretty forgettable and I do wonder whether if Demarai Gray had put ik exactly the same performances since January then he'd be getting slaughtered.

He's just not really affecting games and he doesn't really offer any protection for his full-back either.

Not to say that he won't come good as he's only young, but I really don't think he should be anywhere near the starting XI of a side chasing the top 6 yet.