Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

On 26/10/2019 at 22:08, ScouseFox said:

really enjoyed what rodgers was saying about him post match 

England Under-21 international Barnes grabbed an assist on the night and was brilliant all round, but speaking to Sky Sports after the game, Rodgers insisted that the best is yet to come from the midfielder.

“He needs time,” the manager insisted. “He’s such a good kid, he’s not naturally arrogant so he’s coming to the level now in this last seven or eight months.

“I think once he has that real belief and personality – because that’s growing all the time – then he’s going to be a big, big player for Leicester and for England I think.

“One of the passes he made tonight was great, he came inside and he’s starting to, not just go one-on-one, but also find the pass for one of Ayoze’s goals.”

Agree. Nice stuff from Rodgers. It almost felt at times in the past that Chilwell is like a big brother trying to suppress his little brother, damaging his confidence along the way, but hopefully with Rodgers and this game, they will start to click more. I also like how Maddison now drops back to take a pass from Chilwell to encourage more forward passing from Chilwell and hopefully the three of them will continue to build on from here.

Meanwhile, I am still watching the replays.🎉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Aesc said:

Just noticed he's joint 2nd in the Premier League for assists. Not bad. Especially considering we know there's more to come from him.

Good pickup. I didn't realise this until you mentioned. Indeed not bad considering also that he has been on the bench quite a bit earlier in the season.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Koke said:

His ball control and foot skills in tight spaces are stunning. Hopefully he will add goals to his game. He's already our top assist man in the team.

Was talking to a mate on Saturday he’s a loyal Baggies fan and was devastated when we recalled him back, he was telling me the old chaps that sit around him likened him to a young Paul Gascogne !

Recons the lad has a great future ahead of him and now that he’s under Brendans tutelage grow even better as a player and rise in both a Leicester and England shirt, all the lad is missing to his game is scoring the goal that will take his confidence that one step higher !

I've been more critical of him than most but he was incredible on Friday. Shame he couldn't get a goal and I was quite disappointed to see him come off. Also great to see him combining so well with Chilwell, who was also outstanding. Hopefully a sign of things to come from them both

Once Barnes gets goals to his game he'll be one to watch even more. Other players are getting the focus now (rightly so) but when Barnes finds the back of the net it'll be great. Rodgers' message for wingers to get more goals worked for Perez. Let's hope it continues for Barnes! 

9 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Rob Tanner has mentioned he thinks Dewsbury Hall, who is from Shepshed, could be the next off the production line. Great to see local lads involved in the team. 

Think he needs a couple of loans first - certainly needs to stop playing BeagleBall we’re pretty strong in his positions so a loan for a season or two in the championship would be ideal

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Not sure where I got Oadby from then. I think David Shirgley grew up there. Maybe mixing them up.

David Shrigley did indeed, he was a close neighbour of mine, lots of us played football together. Years later, when he was becoming well known, I randomly bumped into him on a train.

• Like 1

Hope Knight makes it into the first team. Playing as box to box midfielder for Peterborough and doing really well. Especially considering he's played most of his career at RB and CB

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Do we think that with a few more goals and some consistency to his performances Harvey could sneak into Gareth’s squad for the Euros?

Currently 16/1+ to get in the 23-man squad...

Outside chance for sure. Helping Leicester to third place and an automatic Champions League birth would be a good way to start!

11 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Do we think that with a few more goals and some consistency to his performances Harvey could sneak into Gareth’s squad for the Euros?

No, he plays for Leicester. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Not for the euros probably, but he's lucky that his competition for the wings at the moment is Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, and Hudson-Odoi. If he does fulfill his potential in the next year or so then he's already on a level with Rashford and Hudson-Odoi, which means that he should firmly have a spot in the squad.