Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Townsend

15 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Sorry to those who aren’t keen, but genuine interest being shown.

You know I am a fan.

But I thought the RW incoming was someone from Valencia (Torres)? I cannot keep track, might have to give up my day job.

Edited by Dahnsouff

He is a decent Premier League player but nothing more really. He's another Albrighton type, where you know what you're going to get, and what you aren't each week. 

I think it's an OK signing, but only if the fee is right. This is why it is so important we aren't seen spending £40-50m on players like Dunk as who knows what kind of price Palace would put on Townsend! 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Strengthens the 18 if not the first 11. If we're genuine about a top 6 push then we need a stronger bench than we have now. 

Surely we should be signing someone who strengthens the first 11 and whoever drops out of the team will strengthen the bench.

Palace will no doubt want good money for him.

• Like 3

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Better than Ghezzal and Gray, all depends on the price for me.

Agreed. Doubt Palace will give us any favours there though. He still has 2 years left on his contract and I imagine they have little desire to sell. Played every game for them over last 2 seasons. 

I was really hoping this £30-50m winger rumour was true and we were going for a Tielemans type wide player to really complete our exciting starting 11. 

Just now, Ted Maul said:

Surely we should be signing someone who strengthens the first 11 and whoever drops out of the team will strengthen the bench.

Palace will no doubt want good money for him.

Thing this is the key part. He is a real fan favourite at Palace, so would likely cost a fair wedge.

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Agreed. Doubt Palace will give us any favours there though. He still has 2 years left on his contract and I imagine they have little desire to sell. Played every game for them over last 2 seasons. 

I was really hoping this £30-50m winger rumour was true and we were going for a Tielemans type wide player to really complete our exciting starting 11. 

I think he also give us more balance in the playing staff, we have a lot of young players, some extra experience would be useful. 

He has out performed all of our wide men interms of goals and assist last season, and has a great work rate. 

I think he'd do ok here, my worry like with any domestic transfer is whether the cost involved is even remotely worth it. He is another player who is of an age where it's unlikely he is going to be off the planet in terms of improvement, even under Rodgers so paying more than £20-25m is needless. I thought we prided ourselves on scouting thoroughly and finding players with vast potential or who can make an immediate impact and continue improving. I get the feeling our transfer strategy this summer is to try and minimize any risk of the unknown and focus domestically.

It wouldn't be the worst signing in the world but there's massively better prospects out there both domestically or abroad. I could do a list, I love lists.

• Like 3

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I think he'd do ok here, my worry like with any domestic transfer is whether the cost involved is even remotely worth it. He is another player who is of an age where it's unlikely he is going to be off the planet in terms of improvement, even under Rodgers so paying more than £20-25m is needless. I thought we prided ourselves on scouting thoroughly and finding players with vast potential or who can make an immediate impact and continue improving. I get the feeling our transfer strategy this summer is to try and minimize any risk of the unknown and focus domestically.

It wouldn't be the worst signing in the world but there's massively better prospects out there both domestically or abroad. I could do a list, I love lists.

Lets see this list. I like reading lists. :thumbup: