Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Qwerty

Why aren’t we linked with any strikers?

Ulloa gone, Slimani not coming back, Okazaki gone, Ianacho consistently poor - I assumed our apparent lack of interest in a striker in January was a Puel thing.  But still there aren’t any rumours of striker interest (I realise rumours aren’t the be all and end all, but they give a vague idea of what’s happening).  What if Vardy gets injured? I don’t get it.

Because rumours are largely 95% bollocks. 

And a football club would feel their efforts in signing players are undermined by any accuracy to a rumour 

Just because the newspaper or twitter has mentioned it doesn’t mean we aren’t looking 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

We are linked with strikers. They may not be very good or close to past it but we are linked. 

But who's coming here to warm our bench. 

I don't think a new striker would be warming our bench. He would go straight into the side, way in front of Natcho man. Natcho is so poor it's the reason we are looking for a new partner for Vardy in the first place.

2 hours ago, Qwerty said:

Ulloa gone, Slimani not coming back, Okazaki gone, Ianacho consistently poor - I assumed our apparent lack of interest in a striker in January was a Puel thing.  But still there aren’t any rumours of striker interest (I realise rumours aren’t the be all and end all, but they give a vague idea of what’s happening).  What if Vardy gets injured? I don’t get it.

web-final-image-1-a19u7877-3-(3).ashx?wi

23 minutes ago, string the Eskimo said:

I don't think a new striker would be warming our bench. He would go straight into the side, way in front of Natcho man. Natcho is so poor it's the reason we are looking for a new partner for Vardy in the first place.

Who says we are looking for a partner though? 

• Like 3

I'm not going to waste time researching this, but i'd wager that 60/70% of our completed transfers are either a complete surprise or only have details/rumours released a couple of days before completion.

We've always seemed to be really good at keeping signings quiet until the last minute. 

Chances are the majority we are 'linked' to will go elsewhere.... which leads to fans getting frustrated at us 'losing out' to similar sized clubs when we were never in for that player in the first place!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We were linked with Rodriguez yesterday lol

I'm confident we'll be strengthening this area. Rumours are just rumours.

If we believe all rumours we're going to need half a new team lol

Linked with Sturridge hes a striker. Plus the club arent going to announce to the press a full list of our transfer targets. People need to chill on here. Its the 1st week of June. If we hit July and still haven't made a single signing then I'd be slightly concerned but its far too early for all the panic yet! 

Rumours are generally just that. Agents will "link" their players with other clubs in the press to get them the move they really want. Its just a tactic to make people think they are wanted by others and either up the price or put the hurry up on clubs to get a deal done.  The really serious targets are generally not revealed for obvious reasons. Often deals are being done in private so as not to alert competition.

I am confident of Tielemans for this reason. while the rumour mill is churning I am sure that negotiations are going on and the board are happy for this deflection whilst they simply get on with the business at hand.

Aside from that what else would the papers have to write about if they didn't make some of this stuff up.

Just now, jayfox26 said:

Linked with Sturridge hes a striker. Plus the club arent going to announce to the press a full list of our transfer targets. People need to chill on here. Its the 1st week of June. If we hit July and still haven't made a single signing then I'd be slightly concerned but its far too early for all the panic yet! 

Quite agree.  The majority of players not involved in any international duty will be sunning themselves on a beach somewhere spending a bit of family time and not really concerning themselves with any of this stuff.  The last thing I am thinking of is work when I am taking my annual holidays.

As you rightly say, once July approaches and thoughts turn to pre-season, then maybe some will start to think about where they want to spend said pre-season.  Perhaps slightly different for those players out of contract as they will want their future settling as soon as possible but for the rest there is no hurry.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I'm not going to waste time researching this, but i'd wager that 60/70% of our completed transfers are either a complete surprise or only have details/rumours released a couple of days before completion.

We've always seemed to be really good at keeping signings quiet until the last minute. 

Chances are the majority we are 'linked' to will go elsewhere.... which leads to fans getting frustrated at us 'losing out' to similar sized clubs when we were never in for that player in the first place!

True. Like that Elyounoussi who went to Southampton and Jahanbakhsh who went to Brighton. People on here kicked off that we missed out on them when a. We were probably not interested and b. They both turned out pretty crap. 

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

image.png.0aad1d5d461bbc947032d26e0b73dc9a.png

Here you go

Which just goes to show what a load of b*ll*cks most rumours are. I would say that the chances of that happening are as about the same as that of finding Elvis serving down the local chippy.

But as previously stated it is probably designed to show others that we have ambition

• Like 1

Because Strikers aren’t top of the agenda?

The formation doesn’t appear to be changing, as we seem to be making it work well under Brendan Rodgers, this means only 1 striker in the starting 11.

Brendan has made it abundantly clear (and rightly so given his recent form under BR) that Vardy is still a top Premier League striker, and is by far his first choice, so any other strikers will be primarily on the bench.

Although Iheanacho hasn’t shown us anything during his time at our club, he is exactly the sort of striker that Brendan would go out and buy. Young, has shown potential at other clubs, but career has stalled, and Brendan will be chomping at the bit to try and prove that he can coach him, and get his career back on track and in amongst the goals.

He is going nowhere in my opinion.

Although we all know that Slimani wants to go, we want rid, and there is little chance of him actually playing again for us, he is still our player, on our books. So until someone actually buys him, or even takes him on loan again, he will be back in our squad, like it or not. We are not about to let £30m of investment rot in our u23’s, at worst we will want to put him back in the shop window during pre-season.

So we will be looking for a 2nd / 3rd choice, back up striker, if and when Slimani leaves. Don’t expect to hear anything exciting about Strikers this window.

Sorry to piss on your parade.

• Like 1