Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Pascanu in the Romania Euro U21 squad

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

I'm sure plenty of us watched Ricardo for Portugal in the WC last summer as they were knocked out by Uruguay. He was quite frankly rubbish lol. Bit of patience won't hurt.

I watched it and thought he looked pretty good lol

On 18/06/2019 at 19:25, North Leeds Fox said:

Yeah can't judge him as a player after a game. Just not had the best of nights tonight but sure he would be better with Evans next to him 

So he’s made the step up from the SPL to U21s football and is struggling :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

So he’s made the step up from the SPL to U21s football and is struggling :ph34r:

He's now injured and pulled out. The reoccurring ankle/foot injury it doesn't bode well for his lcfc future 

On 20/06/2019 at 19:21, moore_94 said:

Pascanu can play across the back four, regularly plays as centre back and right back, but has also been capable at covering left back, forget signing Justin, just bring this lad through

Yeah, Alex looks a really good prospect. He has been a standout performer in the Euro's.  I really hope BR will now consider him as Centre Back cover for the first team.

So far we have Maguire, Morgan, Evans, Benk and Soyuncu as centre backs. That's five players playing for two spots. (Not to mention Amartey can play CB)

Given Morgan's retirement next season and possibly selling Maguire we'll have three playing for that spot eventually. There's enough room for one more and it'll probably be Knight.

Hopefully we can get Pasc on another contract and loan him out to a Championship club and see where we're at next season.

But if his contact is up, and it's clear we're absolutely stacked in CB, that he's not even the most favoured U23, and Bren is already a fan of Benk, I can see Pasc trying his luck elsewhere.

17 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

So far we have Maguire, Morgan, Evans, Benk and Soyuncu as centre backs. That's five players playing for two spots. (Not to mention Amartey can play CB)

Given Morgan's retirement next season and possibly selling Maguire we'll have three playing for that spot eventually. There's enough room for one more and it'll probably be Knight.

Hopefully we can get Pasc on another contract and loan him out to a Championship club and see where we're at next season.

But if his contact is up, and it's clear we're absolutely stacked in CB, that he's not even the most favoured U23, and Bren is already a fan of Benk, I can see Pasc trying his luck elsewhere.

Well, obviously Maguire's on his way and there are strong rumours that Soyuncu will be going too.  I agree BR would prefer Benkovic, but even if we kept him and didn't loan him out again, his injury record is atrocious.  There are rumours that he has a long term, perhaps career threatening, injury.  That leaves the Old Man and Evans, plus whoever we sign in place of Maguire.  Pascanu's International experience has to put him ahead of Knight. I think Alex has to be considered as a key back up and if his contract is up soon, given some extension. 

Edited by Outfox the Fox

6 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Well, obviously Maguire's on his way and there are strong rumours that Soyuncu will be going too.  I agree BR would prefer Benkovic, but even if we kept him and didn't loan him out again, his injury record is atrocious.  There are rumours that he has a long term, perhaps career threatening, injury.  That leaves the Old Man and Evans, plus whoever we sign in place of Maguire.  Pascanu's International experience has to put him ahead of Knight. I think Alex has to be considered as a key back up and if his contract is up soon, given some extension. 

I'm not sure. The Posh's manager mentioned how much our academy rates Knight. And he's been the standout performer in the u23s since Hamza and Barnes graduated. Pasc does have more international experience but that is, with all due respect, with Romania. Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to our pre season. I'd love to see Knight in action. This isn't a horrible situation to be in but I wish we had these kinds of problems in positions other than CH...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Pascanu has just signed a new contract:-

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-retained-list-dewsbury-2955373

I agree, I think he could become a key First team squad player this season - and there a few saying the same, in response to the Mercury article:-

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-fans-call-alex-3007922

Edited by bald reynard
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, bald reynard said:

Pascanu has just signed a new contract:-

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-retained-list-dewsbury-2955373

I agree, I think he could become a key First team squad player this season - and there a few saying the same, in response to the Mercury article:-

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-fans-call-alex-3007922

Great news. One of our own and a city fan. Needs loaning out though. Prising himself into CB this season will be tricky.

16 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I'm not sure. The Posh's manager mentioned how much our academy rates Knight. And he's been the standout performer in the u23s since Hamza and Barnes graduated. Pasc does have more international experience but that is, with all due respect, with Romania. Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to our pre season. I'd love to see Knight in action. This isn't a horrible situation to be in but I wish we had these kinds of problems in positions other than CH...

Romania are clearly are stronger team than England at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Pascanu needs to convince Hagi to join us, looks unreal.

Very much this.

People must be bonkers to think Pascanu will be anywhere near the first team yet. Every youngster who’s come through the academy to the first team has been out on loan first I believe?

He’s a couple of years away at least yet for me.