Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Favourite Theme Tune Ever

18 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

I always liked that Arena theme, Rumble, but am not sure I've ever watched the programme....

Jules et Jim:

I had to watch Jules et Jim when I studied French New Wave at school and absolutely loved it. This is still one of my favourite stills of any film:-

Image result for jules et jim

As for theme tunes, Likely Lads as mentioned by @Fox92 is a definite favourite. I'm not even a big Royal Family fan (the tv show or the humans) but love Half the World Away

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

I had to watch Jules et Jim when I studied French New Wave at school and absolutely loved it. 

Wonderful film. I'd definitely have it in my all-time top 10. First saw it during my wild 20s in London.

Hard to pin down what's so good about it - apart from Jeanne Moreau's beauty & magnetic aura as the femme fatale.

I'd say: the sense of freedom & restlessness and the joy & melancholy of life, dreams & reality.

Extraordinary emotional range yet life seems to float anarchically by in waves & the theme song seems to capture that.

....Sorry, I'm aware that's pretty pretentious! :D

Just Googled & the Jim actor is still alive at 88 (Moreau died a couple of years ago, the Jules actor drank himself to death 35 years ago).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Wonderful film. I'd definitely have it in my all-time top 10. First saw it during my wild 20s in London.

Hard to pin down what's so good about it - apart from Jeanne Moreau's beauty & magnetic aura as the femme fatale.

I'd say: the sense of freedom & restlessness and the joy & melancholy of life, dreams & reality.

Extraordinary emotional range yet life seems to float anarchically by in waves & the theme song seems to capture that.

....Sorry, I'm aware that's pretty pretentious! :D

Just Googled & the Jim actor is still alive at 88 (Moreau died a couple of years ago, the Jules actor drank himself to death 35 years ago).

Absolutely! I remember my film studies teacher talking about the the freedom and fun of French New Wave and not really understanding after watching the first film (Breathless - Jean Luc Godard, which I did enjoy to an extent) but then fell in love with Jules et Jim for exactly the same reasons as you. I think that's why I love the still I shared previously, too. It's just so simple and silly, but utterly fantastic at the same time. Moreau was so beautiful, amazed that the other is still alive! The guy who played Jules used to remind me of a young James Bolam to bring it back around to the Likely Lads too.   

• Like 1

Some Shows that took great songs as their theme (rather than actually having them written for them specifically)

Luther

Peaky Blinders (some great tunes all round in PB)

Father Ted

Though I believe in this case the theme was written by Neil Hannon for the Show and then used on the album.

• Like 2

Also forgot about this... The main theme for the film Sunshine, one of the most spine tingling, epic pieces, and subsequently used in SO many trailers and TV shows. 

And whilst we're listening to John Murphy soundtracks. "In House In a Heartbeat" from 28 Days Later. Also awesome.

• Like 3