Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

5 hours ago, SO1 said:

Before we go throwing down 30/40 mil on Sarr I'd like to see the right coaching (Rodgers) on Gray for a year. We'll know before Aug 8th whose surplus to requirements here.

Sure that Rodgers has been going over the squad with a fine tooth comb looking for ways to maximize the potential of every player in the club.  I still like Bowen price and goals

but I know nothing.

Rodgers has had long enough already to realise whether Gray is capable of becoming the player he’s capable of becoming. Having read what @LinekersApples has said in another thread, I get the vibe BR has the same feeling the majority of us do regarding Demarai.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Three great shouts, maybe temparement issues with Thauvin but that aside he's a terrific player and Fraser I imagine you could get for a very reasonable price given he has a year to go.

I feel that with the squad bond that we have even a player like Thauvin who has had issues in the past, would fit straight in & feel at home. Sounds like the lad just needs to feel loved whilst playing good football & to be honest you can’t blame him. 

Just like life, I would rather someone say straight to the point than tell the fans what they want to hear rather than how he’s actually feeling. I know it’s frowned upon now days but imo I like someone who speaks there mind. He seems to wear his heart in his sleeve & for me that’s good enough.

Well I hope anyway lol 

• Like 2

Guest SO1
2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Rodgers has had long enough already to realise whether Gray is capable of becoming the player he’s capable of becoming. Having read what @LinekersApples has said in another thread, I get the vibe BR has the same feeling the majority of us do regarding Demarai.

We'll see by the end of the window. He won't keep him if he doesn't think he's good enough and can get a decent return towards another buy.

I'm not willing to go negative on any Leicester player until they've spent a summer with Rodgers. I'm staying optimistic and pulling for a Leicester player to come good until then. :scarf:

51 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

How come you know..Rodgers has has

Long enough..??

5 hours ago, MPH said:

you cant seriously think Leicester City would be sending the wrong message to young players if they replace Gray, surely?

Gray has had plenty of opportunity to develop and hasn’t.

his place in the team is the most vulnerable, i think.

Fair point. Saying “wrong “ message was probably incorrect. What I was trying to say was it might make young players have a question mark over whether Leics is right for them if they genuinely want to get on in the game. If they look at us (potentially) spending 50m on a winger despite having gray (who in my opinion could still develop) they they might think they’re chances of getting in the first XI is going to be too tough and therefore perhaps look elsewhere

i knew what I was trying to say anyway

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Manini said:

He’s had so so many last chances. The lad simply doesn’t have the application to realise his potential unfortunately. 

Has gray had so many chances?

When he first arrived he was raw and then found himself behind albrighton and Mahrez in league winning year and so a bit part player.

Puel (to his credit) did give him a chance for a bit but was playing Puel ball.

in the euro 21’s he looked good. I just think a few months under Rodgers could get him ticking. We know there’s a decent player screaming to get out of him 

personally I’d be disappointed to write him off already

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

When he first arrived he was raw and then found himself behind albrighton and Mahrez in league winning year and so a bit part player.

in the euro 21’s he looked good. I just think a few months under Rodgers could get him ticking. We know there’s a decent player screaming to get out of him 

Agree with this. Young player 4 managers, 4 seasons. Undoubtedly talented, needs a pre-season and consistency to have a chance to flourish

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Which shop did West Ham  buy Felipe  Anderson from? We should go there :ph34r:

We definitely shouldn't. Claudio Lotito makes Daniel Levy and Bruno de Carvalho look like philanthropists. 

Their Anderson replacement is currently wanted by Atletico Madrid, he's actually played at the KP and I think scored against us for Sevilla in Seville. 

Joaquin Correa. 

Guest SO1
35 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

How come you know..Rodgers has has

Long enough..??

Speculation.    Without which this forum would not exist. :)

1 hour ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Fair point. Saying “wrong “ message was probably incorrect. What I was trying to say was it might make young players have a question mark over whether Leics is right for them if they genuinely want to get on in the game. If they look at us (potentially) spending 50m on a winger despite having gray (who in my opinion could still develop) they they might think they’re chances of getting in the first XI is going to be too tough and therefore perhaps look elsewhere

i knew what I was trying to say anyway

I think we probably have one of the youngest squads in the premier league when you look at our starting 11..

21 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Yes because we haven’t in the past bought 50m pound players

and yet our highest fee of about 35-40 million was spent on a 21 year old. we have done nothing to suggest we would be a bad team for a young  player to join. if someone from our team gets replaced it will be because they are not good enough, nothing to do with their age...

Edited by MPH

2 hours ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Hope you’re right mate but I can’t see it - it’s nothing to do with his talent, he’s unbelievably talented, he COULD be absolutely sensational....but as I said I don’t believe he has the application to realise it....and he’s had bloody loads of chances to kick on let’s not be stupid here, he hasn’t taken those chances and consistently put in lacklustre performances. 

Just now, MGLCFC said:

Perhaps we could offer £30mil plus Slimani, Ghezzal and Silva. I know that only amounts to £30000001, but you never know :scarf:

We can dream ?. Ghezzal would be the perfect replacement for Thauvin, experience of the league, plays wide - like for like :giggle:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

hes played in more than 100 games for us! about 110 actually i think. he’s  been in here for 3 seasons. about to start his 4th.

I admire your optimism that there’s a decent player screaming to get out of him but you can’t say he hasn’t had the chance to show it. he’s had over 110 chances to show it.