Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

3 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

if we keep trying to sign players to play instead of barnes then i’m out. 

I know you're half joking but even if we want Barnes to start wherever possible, we've got to add quality attacking options to actually start building a squad. 

Last year was nuts when we started with a front three of Vards, Barnes and Madders with "match winners" Shinji, Nacho and Gray on the bench. 

For me, Perez can never start a game and still be a brilliant signing. We're still looking for quality in the attacking midfield / wide areas. 

23 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Curious if we did get another attacker in after Pérez. Thauvin looks quality, though we should be careful not to hinder Barnes and Gray’s development. 

Gray has been given plenty of  opportunities to develop.

• Like 3

Memory can be myopic, but there were a lot of people slagging off Tielemans as mediocre before we consummated the loan deal last year.  I don't think Thauvin is getting anywhere near the credit here that he deserves.

Guest SO1
1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I'd be pretty happy with Thauvin, it'd be good to see us focusing on wide players that contribute quite heavily in the goals department. We missed the boat with Pepe last summer. 

That's an understatement on Pepe. Looks like he's going to Liverpool. Talk about an embarrassment of riches.

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Barnes stats last season suggest with a modicum of improvement in end product and settling down he will be outrageous. It's only a matter of time.

yeah, mentioned it before but his xG and all them weird slightly pointless stats suggest that at some stage in the next 18 months he is going to be the best player we’ve ever had. 

even things like shots per game, big chances per game, key passes etc. phenomenal. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

yeah, mentioned it before but his xG and all them weird slightly pointless stats suggest that at some stage in the next 18 months he is going to be the best player we’ve ever had. 

even things like shots per game, big chances per game, key passes etc. phenomenal. 

If he'd have scored in that game away at Spurs where he missed a couple of sitters, I think he'd have gotten about 6 last year which is nuts in the amount of games he had. 

It just seemed to get to his head that he wasn't finishing. 

He needs someone to get an arm round him and work on getting him composed in front of goal in the way that Philips seemed to kick Vardy on a bit. 

• Like 1

Guest SO1
34 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

if we keep trying to sign players to play instead of barnes then i’m out. 

Barnes will get his chances. He has to take them and produce. Its all about goals. Fans and ownership expect results and as you know this league is ruthless.

The most difficult thing we'll be facing over the next couple of years is squad depth and quality. Especially if we're in Europa or Champions League.

Going from 40+ to 60+ games is a big deal and we have to start preparing now. It can't be done in one window.

1 hour ago, RoyFox said:

A good preseason and Barnes has the left spot sealed, it’s the other side up for grabs (and needs improvement). 

Hopefully the Thauvin rumours are true, he’s been on fire for 2 seasons...

I would have been happy to get Tielemans, keep Barnes on the left and go all out for the best goal scoring right sided attacker we could get instead of buying Perez. Thauvin would have been just that player. 

6 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Guys guys guys come on the ink is barely dry...

1475371721_greedy-cover(1).jpg.9c16f6c1e243c7a8a13b835d2cd56f2b.jpg

Fuch the ink, find a link. We need to go again. The transfer window is a marathon, not a sprint (or in the case of some on here, a spurt).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Barnes stats last season suggest with a modicum of improvement in end product and settling down he will be outrageous. It's only a matter of time.

intuitively I wholeheartedly agree with this. My only negative thoughts are that the area where that modicum is needed is the hardest on the pitch - Calmness in front of goal. That having been said if he can improve in that area he will be a monster 

• Like 2