Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=32863

dreadful link, but new name (?) 

chukwueze - this lad is supposed to be pukka i think?

I was going to say that one possible reason we haven't yet been in for a winger is because we were targeting a player who was currently away on international duty. We've definitely been linked with this player before and we've a history of signing Nigerian players at the club, regardless of if they are any good or not. So signing someone after AFCON would make sense.

I would argue this player is quite a realistic target. I have no doubt we would have to pay a huge premium, possibly something on par with Tielemans but the difference with him compared to say the Malcom / Neres / Ziyech / Pepe types is that I think that the player would come here, whereas for the others I don't think we are yet an alluring enough club yet to get. We have to be realistic and making one insane signing in Tielemans is already an amazing coup for the club.

I think the player is good, but don't think his goal output is there yet. Sure that most likely will improve, but some players are just cool and calm in front of goal and are clinical. Vardy has it, Mahrez had it, I would argue Perez has it too. I don't know enough about Chukwueze to say if he is or isn't a natural finisher, but I would assume not.

It will be interesting to see who we end up with. It wouldn't surprise me if it's a deadline day deal TBH. Some big name players like De Ligt, Fernandes and Pepe are yet to move. Those are the sort of moves that will trigger a domino style chain of transfers around Europe and this I think there will still be one or two premium wingers available right at the death. Everton's last day shenanigans of Bernard / Gomes / Digne comes to mind.

So if we get this new starting £50 million pound winger, will Perez still start?

Assuming the back four are sorted... 4132

...............Vardy

.....................Perez

Maddison Tielemans New Guy

................Ndidi

OR new guy in the left? 4141

Vardy

New Guy Tielemans Maddison Perez

Ndidi

If we are still looking for that starting wide man is Perez going to be a Vardy sub or playing in the Okazaki role which means if BR wants width of Barnes and New winger and assuming Youri and Madders are nailed in starters is it Wilf who will make way?

Im asking as well because I want to start Perez in my Fantasy Football team but need him to be a nailed on starter!

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 01:53, Uncle Monty said:

I agree with the robot, he knows his onions.

"Robot".

That's Johnny Five! Give him the respect he deserves!

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I’m guessing 433 with Perez & new winger either side of Vards...

I wondered about that but then Perez doesn’t play forward left and we are after a right winger allegedly....

41221 using Ric and Chils for width? 

..................Vardy

............New Guy Perez

..........Madders Tielemans

...................Ndidi

Chilwell......................Ricardo

.............Maguire Evans

.................Kasper

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

I wondered about that but then Perez doesn’t play forward left and we are after a right winger allegedly....

..................Vardy

...................Ndidi

.................Kasper

I’d wondered about that too. BR has said Perez can play all the forward positions so I guessed he’d move from his accustomed role at NUFC to accommodate the left footed right winger?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

..................Vardy

...................Ndidi

.................Kasper

I’m not sure Pérez is a 100% starter. Think he’ll be well rotated with Gray, Barnes, Marc, even Madders and Vardy in cup games. I know it’s £30m, but that’s the kinda market we’re in if we’re looking to push for Europe 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

So if we get this new starting £50 million pound winger, will Perez still start?

Assuming the back four are sorted... 4132

...............Vardy

.....................Perez

Maddison Tielemans New Guy

................Ndidi

OR new guy in the left? 4141

Vardy

New Guy Tielemans Maddison Perez

Ndidi

If we are still looking for that starting wide man is Perez going to be a Vardy sub or playing in the Okazaki role which means if BR wants width of Barnes and New winger and assuming Youri and Madders are nailed in starters is it Wilf who will make way?

Im asking as well because I want to start Perez in my Fantasy Football team but need him to be a nailed on starter!

Wilf wont be starting the season as hes still at AFCON but we definitely will still play a holding midfielder. Id imagine we'll use different players/formations for different games but Wilf (when available), Youri, Madders and Vardy will be nailed on starters most games and then the other 2 attacking positions will most likely rotate between Perez, Barnes and new guy depending on the opposition I'd imagine. 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Wilf wont be starting the season as hes still at AFCON but we definitely will still play a holding midfielder. Id imagine we'll use different players/formations for different games but Wilf (when available), Youri, Madders and Vardy will be nailed on starters most games and then the other 2 attacking positions will most likely rotate between Perez, Barnes and new guy depending on the opposition I'd imagine. 

Thanks, I hear you, though if New Guy costs £40 odd million quid plus I’m kinda struggling to see BR using him as a rotational player.

8 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Thanks, I hear you, though if New Guy costs £40 odd million quid plus I’m kinda struggling to see BR using him as a rotational player.

True probably more likely we use him and Perez and Barnes as an impact sub. Cant see where Gray fits if we get the new guy as we also have Albrighton as well. 

On 11/07/2019 at 15:22, Leeds Fox said:

I agree we could do with another top attaching player. I just think this isn’t the season to have to blood somebody through in a crucial position. I do hope Benkovic or Soyoncu find their feet quickly if need be. I do think they both are very capable too. It’s a coin flip either way, let’s hope the choice we make (or end up taking) is the right one. Lots to look forward to.

Who would you attach him to?

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, 1884FoxInTheBox said:

I know this isn't the Perez thread but it's worth saying here.

If we don't sign a new RW, Perez starts.

If we play with a SS, Perez starts.

If our LWs are struggling, Perez starts.

If we don't sign a new 8 and Madders or Tielemans gets injured, Perez starts.

Even if none of these things happen and he's on the bench, he offers BR a genuine impact sub who can be brought on to change formation and win/hold out a game.

I broadly agree with this, I can see Perez having about 15 starts and 20 sub appearances this season.  

I think he'll be our go to guy when we need a goal.

I still think our stock formation will be 4-1-4-1 with Vardy, Maddison and Tielemans nailed on starters and the other two positions up for grabs with Perez, Barnes, Gray, Albrighton and possibly the new winger who you would like to think is good enough to guarantee a starting spot like Vardy, Maddison and Tielemans are. 

40 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think we're going to be playing a significantly more intense attacking play this season. For obvious reasons we're going to need decent players to come off the bench, step in against particular playing sides in the first team, and I'd suspect we'll be playing for a cup too. Our attacking players, aside Vardy, will be in my view not only rotated, but be fluid behind our forward making it very difficult for the opposition to defend against.

A new winger who is both technically good with accurate cross is what we're missing, and given our clear transfer movement it's not something we're going to leave unaddressed at this point. However, it'll be the most challenging to recruit to, and most likely the most expensive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Nicholas Pepe is worth the money, and Kolo Toure should surely be having a quiet ear with him, his fellow countryman.

Do they still eat ears then?  Bit odd. Probably just best to have a chat with him really. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 1884FoxInTheBox said:

I know this isn't the Perez thread but it's worth saying here.

If we don't sign a new RW, Perez starts.

If we play with a SS, Perez starts.

If our LWs are struggling, Perez starts.

If we don't sign a new 8 and Madders or Tielemans gets injured, Perez starts.

Even if none of these things happen and he's on the bench, he offers BR a genuine impact sub who can be brought on to change formation and win/hold out a game.

Exactly! And that’s why I think he’s a great signing. So many options!

On 10/07/2019 at 13:28, fuchsntf said:

It was you posting,your opinion on what Rodgers should know,so implying what he should do...

You tell us he has seen him over 6 months..from May to July they have had nothing to do with each other,so he has

made his judgement over the last few weeks of the season while beginning his tenure..

Munch,munch..bite:)

He signed him at Celtic you tool lol 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

He signed him at Celtic you tool lol 

He didn't sign Gray..?!!  And he was the one you mentioned..:dunno:

Quote page 23...

Rodgers has had long enough already to realise whether Gray is capable of becoming the player he’s capable of becoming. Having read what @LinekersApples has said in another thread, I get the vibe BR has the same feeling the majority of us do regarding Demarai.

Edited by fuchsntf