Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

16 minutes ago, MPH said:

id be very surprised if he wants to go to West Ham...

If he did, you could argue they are having as good a window incoming wise as us. Fornals, possibly Thauvin as well lining up alongside Felipe Anderson is not to be sniffed at, even if they still need a forward 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I absolutely 100% guarantee the following chain of events has happened:

1. ITK on here says we'll sign a winger between 30-50.

2. People start guessing names on foxestalk, Thauvin sounds like he fits the bill. 

3. Loads of people keep going on about Thauvin. 

4. Someone, probably some absolute amoeba like Sean from Enderby posts on twitter that Leicester are in for Thauvin. 

5. A couple hundred ten year old dweebs retweet it. 

6. The intern at the Mercury writes an article for the website saying Leicester are in for Thauvin. 

7. HITC regurgitate it, causing a few thousand more dweebs to tweet it. 

8. The same fake rumour mills that link every roughly Europa League standard player in Europe to Leicester, Everton and West Ham copy the rumour linking the same clubs on just about every other clickbait football "blog" on the Web. 

9. Two or thee over excited cockneys take it as gospel and lump a fiver on Thauvin going to West Ham on Sky Bet. 

10. Skybet see a potential to encourage a market and all of a sudden, hammergaz88 from Basildon becomes "sky sports source" number five million and eighty two. 

Meanwhile in France, Florian:

j51uHm1.gif

Unfortunately in today’s world, all too true mate ?

3 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Rodgers has had long enough already to realise whether Gray is capable of becoming the player he’s capable of becoming. Having read what @LinekersApples has said in another thread, I get the vibe BR has the same feeling the majority of us do regarding Demarai.

We have had three and half years now to look at him when we signed him for a fee of £3.7m on a four and a half year contract but I think that you will all agree without sounding harsh that he is still the very same player from day 1....  He is just a very good Championship player in my opinion and not cut it in the prem I`m afraid to say.  #cashin 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, W88DY said:

We have had three and half years now to look at him when we signed him for a fee of £3.7m on a four and a half year contract but I think that you will all agree without sounding harsh that he is still the very same player from day 1....  He is just a very good Championship player in my opinion and not cut it in the prem I`m afraid to say.  #cashin 

Wouldn’t argue much with that. I’d only keep if we’re not buying the fabled £30-50m winger. If we are Barnes & Albrighton are perfectly good enough back up.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I absolutely 100% guarantee the following chain of events has happened:

1. ITK on here says we'll sign a winger between 30-50.

2. People start guessing names on foxestalk, Thauvin sounds like he fits the bill. 

3. Loads of people keep going on about Thauvin. 

4. Someone, probably some absolute amoeba like Sean from Enderby posts on twitter that Leicester are in for Thauvin. 

5. A couple hundred ten year old dweebs retweet it. 

6. The intern at the Mercury writes an article for the website saying Leicester are in for Thauvin. 

7. HITC regurgitate it, causing a few thousand more dweebs to tweet it. 

8. The same fake rumour mills that link every roughly Europa League standard player in Europe to Leicester, Everton and West Ham copy the rumour linking the same clubs on just about every other clickbait football "blog" on the Web. 

9. Two or thee over excited cockneys take it as gospel and lump a fiver on Thauvin going to West Ham on Sky Bet. 

10. Skybet see a potential to encourage a market and all of a sudden, hammergaz88 from Basildon becomes "sky sports source" number five million and eighty two. 

Meanwhile in France, Florian:

j51uHm1.gif

Great post. Couldn't agree more.

Also top marks for using the words 'dweeb' and 'amoeba' lol

15 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Everton Soares has been one of those "next big thing" Brazilian "youngsters" for so long he's 23 now having made his Gremio debut in 2014.

He played second fiddle to Luan, who we've been linked to before, for most of his time there but he had his best goalscoring season last time out. 

Tbf, before the Copa he probably wouldn't have been considered a very exciting signing for us and now after the Copa he's probably destined for bigger things. 

Mad how that happens. 

Screams of post-tournament transfer flop. Avoid.

2 hours ago, W88DY said:

This is my point, I don’t get why so many get so sensitive about Demarai. Simply because he’s young. It’s great being young but if your showing no progression for 2/3 years then age doesn’t matter, progression does. If anything I feel Demarai has gone backwards. The Euro U21’s was the first time in such a long time, that I seen Demarai be so direct. He reminded me of the player we all got excited about when we first signed him. Now he goes sideways or backwards & doesn’t even attempt to take on his man. It may be a confidence issue, maybe. But if we are going for it this year we can’t have anyone holding us back, if that means Dimi goes & we bring in a replacement then chow.

The thing that makes me laugh is everyone that says give him a chance to work under BR blah blah blah. Yet will say they want us to get rid of Ghezzal or Iheanacho. Im sorry if the argument is for him to be coached by BR then let’s keep everyone, sell no fvcker in the hope that BR turns Andy King into Paul Pogba!!! 

I noticed very early on also that BR gets very frustrated with dimi on match days I’ve seen numerous times him yelling at Demarai because he’s not pressing when everyone else is. I can honestly say I’ve never seen him do it to anyone else. Whether that means anything or not I don’t know. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

If he's getting in Brazil's side he can't be that bad. 

Meh. Only getting in because they've got injuries I think. Don't get me wrong he's probably OK but I'm always sceptical of players who've had a good tournament and their value instantly shoots up due to totally different circumstances to what they'll get at club level.

3 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

6 months is more than long enough for a decent manager let alone one of BR calibre to know if someone’s going to live up to his ability or not.

Now it's Rodgers fault..

So (apparently) West Ham have been offered Thuavin, cost is €40m + that Mexican pixie. So we could say €40m plus the Algerian Womble?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So..if we do need a new winger ,like some,not all are griping about...

Here an alternative...

Either Justin/Amartey at Right-back

Then let's give Periera that winger /WB responsibility..he's got many of the attributes required,and he's already a major part of the team/squad....

I still don't think we need to go out & get cranky worrying about a new winger.

I believe it's simply become an over-hyped obsession from some posters on this forum..I doubt it is something occupying Rodgers & coaching staff minds. We are really just at the start of the development of squad & team,looking towards the long term.

Pearson set the platform,Ranieri Shakespeare despite title seem to drift from continuing slowly the process.

Puel Kick-started it again..obviously the tragic loss of the chairman brought it's own complications,but it seems the club and management are finding their feet again.

Its great to have dreams & ambitions,but let's not run before we can walk,we are still a club,that won't like many be able to buy and get instant long continuous success.

I believe we have prudent management,who also have had to learn,there are many things to learn,before one thinks,promises,

expects top half PL football,for any consistent period..

There are some fans who go off the richter-scale on expectations, epitomising and showing entitlement of descisions/opinions that they  so hate from other opposition fans forums..

Sometimes so singular and bombastic,declaring our desperation for a winger or other positions MUST be strengthened,if this or that is to be achieved...Our hate or  "schadensfreude" towards the top teams   of the PL,we forget to respect,what time  it took them,to become World renowned clubs.

A quality winger ( if available/exsists) won't change how we progress or fall..

If we are to start a new era into that top

6, it's still going to take time & patience,with also a mixed bag of twists & turns.

In my eyes ,we are still only  a top ten club,who have still to prove we can play entertaining successfull football,and have a long way to kick off any one of those top clubs off their perches.Even when 1-2 might have a scratchy few seasons...We haven't earnt anything yet!!

Definitely not even the notion that a winger,will lift us into the realms of extacy,securing a future in the top 6 hierarchy..

Edited by fuchsntf

25 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

If we don't buy an upgrade on the wing, maybe consider 3 at the back and play Ricky P and Chilwell as wing backs. 

Could work! People will point to the Watford game and say it didn't work there but the players never trained or played together in that formation so it was always going to be a tough ask to play a very good Watford side. 

On paper we've got the players for it. It'd be a good way of getting game time for our young cbs who won't get a sniff if Maguire stays. I think the back 3 below would compliment eachother very well. It gives soyuncu and Maguire the licence to bring the ball out from the back and still have 2 covering cbs plus Ndidi maybe slotting back in like he does sometimes.

Something like:

Schmeichel

Soyuncu      Evans      Maguire 

Pereira       Ndidi         Tielemans      Chilwell 

Maddison 

Perez                      Vardy 

And that's without signing any more players! Even the bench is decent with Barnes, Choudhury, Gray, Benkovic, Justin etc. 

Edit: Just re-reading this I've had a nerdgasm thinking about how good our high press would be! 3 cbs on the half way line Pereira and Chilwell staying fairly high and Perez and Vardy chasing them down. I'd be shitting myself if I was an opposition defender! 

Edited by Billy Big Balls
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Could work! People will point to the Watford game and say it didn't work there but the players never trained or played together in that formation so it was always going to be a tough ask to play a very good Watford side. 

On paper we've got the players for it. It'd be a good way of getting game time for our young cbs who won't get a sniff if Maguire stays. I think the back 3 below would compliment eachother very well. It gives soyuncu and Maguire the licence to bring the ball out from the back and still have 2 covering cbs plus Ndidi maybe slotting back in like he does sometimes.

Something like:

Schmeichel

Maddison 

And that's without signing any more players! Even the bench is decent with Barnes, Choudhury, Gray, Benkovic, Justin etc. 

Edit: Just re-reading this I've had a nerdgasm thinking about how good our high press would be! 3 cbs on the half way line Pereira and Chilwell staying fairly high and Perez and Vardy chasing them down. I'd be shitting myself if I was an opposition defender! 

You could imagine that side being quite good defensively as well, pushed back into a 5-4-1. All of the front 5 appear to be willing to make tackles.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

If he did, you could argue they are having as good a window incoming wise as us. Fornals, possibly Thauvin as well lining up alongside Felipe Anderson is not to be sniffed at, even if they still need a forward 

On the face of it that looks a very formidable attacking trio and you'd expect them to sign a striker also.  Seen a fair bit of Fornals in the Euro-U21's just finished and he looks a fantastic player.

12 hours ago, W88DY said:

I think this post sums up Gray exactly.

36 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Schmeichel

Maddison 

:schmike:    Love to see that team given a go ...   and we'd have a bit of fire power on the bench.   

Hope he reads this ...     BRENDAAAAAN !!!!! 

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

So..if we do need a new winger ,like some,not all are griping about...

Here an alternative...

Either Justin/Amartey at Right-back

Then let's give Periera that winger /WB responsibility..he's got many of the attributes required,and he's already a major part of the team/squad....

I still don't think we need to go out & get cranky worrying about a new winger.

I believe it's simply become an over-hyped obsession from some posters on this forum..I doubt it is something occupying Rodgers & coaching staff minds. We are really just at the start of the development of squad & team,looking towards the long term.

Pearson set the platform,Ranieri Shakespeare despite title seem to drift from continuing slowly the process.

Puel Kick-started it again..obviously the tragic loss of the chairman brought it's own complications,but it seems the club and management are finding their feet again.

Its great to have dreams & ambitions,but let's not run before we can walk,we are still a club,that won't like many be able to buy and get instant long continuous success.

I believe we have prudent management,who also have had to learn,there are many things to learn,before one thinks,promises,

expects top half PL football,for any consistent period..

There are some fans who go off the richter-scale on expectations, epitomising and showing entitlement of descisions/opinions that they  so hate from other opposition fans forums..

Sometimes so singular and bombastic,declaring our desperation for a winger or other positions MUST be strengthened,if this or that is to be achieved...Our hate or  "schadensfreude" towards the top teams   of the PL,we forget to respect,what time  it took them,to become World renowned clubs.

A quality winger ( if available/exsists) won't change how we progress or fall..

If we are to start a new era into that top

6, it's still going to take time & patience,with also a mixed bag of twists & turns.

In my eyes ,we are still only  a top ten club,who have still to prove we can play entertaining successfull football,and have a long way to kick off any one of those top clubs off their perches.Even when 1-2 might have a scratchy few seasons...We haven't earnt anything yet!!

Definitely not even the notion that a winger,will lift us into the realms of extacy,securing a future in the top 6 hierarchy..

Why would you change something when it doesn’t need changing. Ricardo for me is one of the top 3 right backs in the premier league. We would be absolutely stupid to move him then to a winger. I agree he’s a good option to have there for versatility once every blue moon.

We need to get out of this mentality of just moving someone over, if we are serious about challenging top 6 then you get the best option for every position. You don’t get the best option then move him to another position to strengthen one position but then weaken the other. What’s the point in that? 

There is is no argument about it, our wide men are our weakness in the team & we need to recruit.

• Like 2