Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

38 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Ric, you and others keep saying this, and miss half the point.  What about the impact on our transition to attack?  Quality in moving the ball from the back into attack adds goals and reduces GA.

Losing Maguire will reduce our ability to do it, especially against pressing teams.  He is easily among the best in Europe at both winning dribbles and completing long passes.  No other CB in the major European leagues wields both those weapons to Harry’s degree.  His pure defending is not what sets his ₤₤ value among the elite.

I’m not saying that fact swings the argument (I said two months ago, sell at Van Dijk money or better).  But I’m tired of seeing it ignored (on the Manc forums as well as here).  This idea of losing Maguire as all but painless needs to go.

Confident Soyuncu isn't far off Maguire when it comes to starting attacks.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Midlands yellow said:

Maddison is held in very high regards at Norwich as you will see in December. 

Buendia trumps him though on all aspects other then direct free kicks from distance. 

Yeah i'd wait to see how he does in the prem before he 'trumps' Maddison.

Not much point listing the amount of players who have bossed the Championship and failed in the top flight. 

If he plays as well against Liverpool as Maddison did in the first game of the season away at United I'd be very suprised.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Confident Soyuncu isn't far off Maguire when it comes to starting attacks.

I am hopeful, rather than confident, that he will be able to do it week-in, week-out in this league.  What specifically makes you confident Ric?

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=32863

dreadful link, but new name (?) 

chukwueze - this lad is supposed to be pukka i think?

Just now, North Leeds Fox said:

Would be a brilliant signing. A real talent 

We’ve definitely been linked in the past. I seem to remember a thread in the last couple of windows?

25 minutes ago, KingsX said:

I am hopeful, rather than confident, that he will be able to do it week-in, week-out in this league.  What specifically makes you confident Ric?

Admittedly we've only seen half a dozen games from him but bringing the ball out of defence was his most comfortable play, where he seems somewhat wet behind the ears is switching off when defending or playing cross the defence passing. Both of which I'd hope could be coached out of him, but being a natural on the ball is a great talent to have. 

16 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We’ve definitely been linked in the past. I seem to remember a thread in the last couple of windows?

Think so - hope he listens to Wilf and not Kelechi.....

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Admittedly we've only seen half a dozen games from him but bringing the ball out of defence was his most comfortable play, where he seems somewhat wet behind the ears is switching off when defending or playing cross the defence passing. Both of which I'd hope could be coached out of him, but being a natural on the ball is a great talent to have. 

That full pitch run against Huddersfield town was epic and so composed. I thought he was going to score. It was then that I realized my love for him. and his 70s hair style.

40 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=32863

dreadful link, but new name (?) 

chukwueze - this lad is supposed to be pukka i think?

5 in 26 at Villarreal. 20 yrs. old and looks a bit raw as he should at that age.  Looks like the sky is the limit for him. Physical, fast and strong.

Villarreal will absolutely rinse us for him and we really need someone who can produce now.  Shame but who knows.

We need to start recruiting these players earlier so we can be in the position of Villarreal.

I wonder if Suso from Milan could be an option. Left footed, right sided so fits the bill, and obviously worked under Rodgers at Liverpool. Any deal would depend on how their relationship ended I guess.

Giampaolo isn't one to play wingers so he is probably surplus to requirements there, and I think he has a €40m release clause. Impressive numbers last season - and I know we scouted at Milan late last season so who knows.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

....I think he could be a great player!

My biggest problem with him is that he constantly barges a player from behind in order to win the ball. He is always going to be pinged for that and makes his inclusion a risky one. He needs to watch Evans who does this superbly by reading the game and knowing just when to step in and intercept the ball without coming through the attacker from behind.

There is a hint of arrogance in him that affects his temperament and leads him into situations where he can be wound up. He really needs to work on these short comings because it will result in the manager having to trust him going on, and staying, on the pitch.

Saying all this still give me the belief that he could play at the very highest level should he be able to eliminate the previously stated problems.

• Like 1

Think us signing a winger is perhaps dependent on the Maguire sale. Seems like BR wanted to get Perez/Tielemans and Justin in early and so I can see no reason why if we had the funds, we wouldn't have at least been bidding on a winger(s) already. With over £70m spent already with no outgoings, that must surely have an impact on what we still have available to spend. I still expect Maguire to move, but until then, I think there will be no more signings. Just a theory! 

If we end up getting another winger then surely we have to get rid of Gray, no point keeping him as he'd be fifth choice, a player like him would want first team football.

I'd love to see us try and do a swap deal with Bournemouth for Ryan Fraser, send them Gray plus cash.

If not there's more options out there, Malcolm, Sarr, Chukwueze would all be ideal but if we have plans of keeping Gray then we won't need another winger, no point overloading the squad and making some players unhappy.

3 hours ago, SO1 said:

That full pitch run against Huddersfield town was epic and so composed. I thought he was going to score. It was then that I realized my love for him. and his 70s hair style, also the wet patch in my pants.

4 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Nope.

We are looking to buy a first team winger. It will cost a lot of money if right one interested.

I need names, it’s been almost a week since Big Daddy-gate and I’m bored