Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

30 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If Everton have a serious chance of Pepe we should be all over that. 

I wholeheartedly agree, if £60m hinges on Maguire going then it simply has to happen. Nicholas Pepe amongst our midfield and attack would see us right up there with one of the strongest in the division.

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

How many of us had to google who Emi Buendia was?

That's true. That said I'll be looking out for him this year after seeing that YT show. Same production company as the Jarrod Bowen one?

28 days left until Christmas.

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wholeheartedly agree, if £60m hinges on Maguire going then it simply has to happen. Nicholas Pepe amongst our midfield and attack would see us right up there with one of the strongest in the division.

We’d be a top CB short of being up there I think. Having a strong CB pairing is essential if we want to step up. That pairing being so strong is pivotal in allowing the full backs to bomb on as they do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

We’d be a top CB short of being up there I think. Having a strong CB pairing is essential if we want to step up. That pairing being so strong is pivotal in allowing the full backs to bomb on as they do. 

Possibly but I still maintain that for us to embark on upsetting the top 6 it'll be from the goals scored and not conceded that gives us even a remote chance. Losing Maguire and replacing him with Benkovic, Soyuncu or even going out and getting another defender wouldn't see us suddenly concede many more goals than say the last 2 seasons where we are nothing special when it comes to defending. Our talents and style of play suit playing on the front foot and not trying to pinch 1-0 wins. Rodgers has never done that style of football well, he barely ever attempts it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Possibly but I still maintain that for us to embark on upsetting the top 6 it'll be from the goals scored and not conceded that gives us even a remote chance. Losing Maguire and replacing him with Benkovic, Soyuncu or even going out and getting another defender wouldn't see us suddenly concede many more goals than say the last 2 seasons where we are nothing special when it comes to defending. Our talents and style of play suit playing on the front foot and not trying to pinch 1-0 wins. Rodgers has never done that style of football well, he barely ever attempts it.

I agree we could do with another top attaching player. I just think this isn’t the season to have to blood somebody through in a crucial position. I do hope Benkovic or Soyoncu find their feet quickly if need be. I do think they both are very capable too. It’s a coin flip either way, let’s hope the choice we make (or end up taking) is the right one. Lots to look forward to.

2 hours ago, Midlands yellow said:

Different type of player but far superior to James. 

He seems to have had a similar impact on your team last season as Maddison did the year before, albeit marginally less prolific than Maddison was.  Obviously I haven't seen anywhere near as much of Buendia as you will have so what makes you say that?  It's surely not just because one's still at your club and the other isnt? :whistle:

Edited by Carl the Llama

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Ric, you and others keep saying this, and miss half the point.  What about the impact on our transition to attack?  Quality in moving the ball from the back into attack adds goals and reduces GA.

Losing Maguire will reduce our ability to do it, especially against pressing teams.  He is easily among the best in Europe at both winning dribbles and completing long passes.  No other CB in the major European leagues wields both those weapons to Harry’s degree.  His pure defending is not what sets his ₤₤ value among the elite.

I’m not saying that fact swings the argument (I said two months ago, sell at Van Dijk money or better).  But I’m tired of seeing it ignored (on the Manc forums as well as here).  This idea of losing Maguire as all but painless needs to go.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 2