Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

...good move for him!!!

He needs to be playing first team league football and another season in the U23s was not going to cut it!!

Just looking at the quality we have already and who we are looking to bring in he has no real access to the first team and therefore unable to develope. I think he will be a success when coming back from across the border and the potential of Premier League football is still a possibility.

10 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Move to rangers now confirmed on a 4 year deal! Always got confused with him whether bassey/ughelumba were two different players?

Be interesting to see if he’s good enough to start for them. Yeah confused me for ages, they’re the same person. Not helped by the fact that one of the other U23s has exactly the same hairstyle as him.

6 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

See i do get some right! He he. 

Fair play mate, second thing I’ve seen you get right in 4 years :ph34r:

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Interesting, must not see any chances here. Was he a promising talent at all?

I thought he was one of our best U23s last season. Again disappointing for us that we can't use him but good for him to be going to a big club and have the chance of European football. He'll be a very good player.

13 minutes ago, brucey said:

Be interesting to see if he’s good enough to start for them. Yeah confused me for ages, they’re the same person. Not helped by the fact that one of the other U23s has exactly the same hairstyle as him.

Sorry to intrude the forum guys, rangers fan here and genuinely wanted to find out more about him as I’m a football geek and had never heard of him. He won’t be starting for us, no chance as borna has been one of the best full backs in europa league this season. I’m wondering if this kid will be his back up or 3rd choice. Did someone say he mainly played centre back?.

1 minute ago, Erskine said:

Sorry to intrude the forum guys, rangers fan here and genuinely wanted to find out more about him as I’m a football geek and had never heard of him. He won’t be starting for us, no chance as borna has been one of the best full backs in europa league this season. I’m wondering if this kid will be his back up or 3rd choice. Did someone say he mainly played centre back?.

He'll be starting for you within 2 years. Strong, fast and intelligent. I'd play him LWB.

20 minutes ago, brucey said:

I watch quite a bit of rangers and the left back is one of the highly rated players but linked with 20 mill move away. Could be back up, could be his replacement? 

1 minute ago, FIF said:

He'll be starting for you within 2 years. Strong, fast and intelligent. I'd play him LWB.

We don’t play with wingers so strength and our full backs have to be strong and fast. Would be pleasantly surprised if he is starting in that time as Borna is only 27 the now and just going into his peak years. Sadly we’ve taken highly rated academy kids before such as ejaria and ojo for example who haven’t cut it up here. Hoping this lads a solid back up at the minute, is he good going forward ?. 

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

I watch quite a bit of rangers and the left back is one of the highly rated players but linked with 20 mill move away. Could be back up, could be his replacement? 

Yeah him , Jacko and Alfie were generally/are our best players. Took Borna a year to adjust to the speed and physicality. He won’t be leaving for atleast another year or two though (if he leaves) so if he does hopefully your lad has developed enough to replace him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Erskine said:

We don’t play with wingers so our full backs have to be strong and fast. Would be pleasantly surprised if he is starting in that time as Borna is only 27 the now and just going into his peak years. Sadly we’ve taken highly rated academy kids before such as ejaria and ojo for example who haven’t cut it up here. Hoping this lads a solid back up at the minute, is he good going forward ?. 

12 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Surprised he's made the move up north considering Dodoo and Johnson both failed in similar moves.

I remember dodoo’s hatrick for you guys against bury and was buzzing. Turned out to be very very average at best, hence kicking about league 1. Hoping this kid is of a better standard.

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Blackpool fans look like they're gutted

Hopefully he can get a Championship loan, I was surprised how well he did there especially the goal return since he was never much of a scorer for the u23's.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Hopefully he can get a Championship loan, I was surprised how well he did there especially the goal return since he was never much of a scorer for the u23's.

I'd love it if he could get some good game-time here next season, but we're so stacked in midfield. I don't really know where he'd fit, unless he was okay being 4th/5th choice.

36 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I'd love it if he could get some good game-time here next season, but we're so stacked in midfield. I don't really know where he'd fit, unless he was okay being 4th/5th choice.

Especially with Josh Knight doing so well as well in a box to box midfield role for Peterborough too, hope they both get loan moves to the Championship. Knight might well attract further 7 figure bids for a permanent transfer which we should only consider with a hefty sell on clause or buy back clause.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Especially with Josh Knight doing so well as well in a box to box midfield role for Peterborough too, hope they both get loan moves to the Championship. Knight might well attract further 7 figure bids for a permanent transfer which we should only consider with a hefty sell on clause or buy back clause.

Josh only has a year left on his contract so unless we sign him up to a longer deal its highly doubtful we will attract bids like you talk, never mind be in a position to put in clauses.

He may well want to run his deal down if he sees no breakthrough to the first team anytime soon. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Probably a stupid question that's been asked / answered elsewhere but could we use KDH in our squad for the remaining games of the season given the circumstances?

Not unless they change the rules

• Like 1