Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

21 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You’ll find they legally have to advertise the role 

Is that right?  Surely if someone retires and there is a person already employed who wants to step up then no vacancy exists ???

or is there a different situation at football clubs ref the ‘Rooney rule’? 

legally, they would have to advertise it internally. 

If it's gone to an external advert, then it either suggests they don't have anyone in mind, or want to explore who else is available in the market. 

Guest An Sionnach
On 28/05/2020 at 21:41, casablancas said:

Yeah ... states player rather than to a club, Lallana is a good shout. Any other midfielders out of contract who we could be trailing? 

At least Rodgers won't have to stand on a box to look him in the eye.

Edited by An Sionnach

On 30/05/2020 at 08:37, st albans fox said:

Is that right?  Surely if someone retires and there is a person already employed who wants to step up then no vacancy exists ???

or is there a different situation at football clubs ref the ‘Rooney rule’? 

Was thinking more the new Rooney rule. I could be wrong mind 

7 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I would love to see Tavares and Gyamfi get a chance towards the end of the season. With no fans in stadiums it really does make it easier to give young players a go as the intimidation factor is gone. It’s essentially a glorified youth team game at this point. 

..it will only take a poor start to the re-start and that thought goes right out the window!!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

I would love to see Tavares and Gyamfi get a chance towards the end of the season. With no fans in stadiums it really does make it easier to give young players a go as the intimidation factor is gone. It’s essentially a glorified youth team game at this point. 

Get Terell Pennant in the mixer, he looks to be very talented. His brother as well is only 15 and alrwady scoring regularly for the U18's! 

I'd love us to secure top 4 with playing a few of them and rattling a few cages.

I do wonder whether with some players, the coaches know they’re never going to be solid PL players, but consider there’s value in developing them up to a level where they can be sold for a healthy sum to a L1/L2 side?

From what I’ve seen of the rezzies this year, the outstanding player is that midfielder we signed from Blackburn. The right-sided player we signed from Villa looks quite good too.

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

I do wonder whether with some players, the coaches know they’re never going to be solid PL players, but consider there’s value in developing them up to a level where they can be sold for a healthy sum to a L1/L2 side?

From what I’ve seen of the rezzies this year, the outstanding player is that midfielder we signed from Blackburn. The right-sided player we signed from Villa looks quite good too.

I am sure that is a factor, at clubs like Man City and Man Utd they know they are going to raise several million every summer from moving a couple on and it sort of pays for itself. We seldom get fee's for a lot of our youngsters though, we hold on to them for just a bit too long. We should have them on loan by 18/19 and after a couple of loans it usually leads to interest from higher levels who will pay decent money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I am sure that is a factor, at clubs like Man City and Man Utd they know they are going to raise several million every summer from moving a couple on and it sort of pays for itself. We seldom get fee's for a lot of our youngsters though, we hold on to them for just a bit too long. We should have them on loan by 18/19 and after a couple of loans it usually leads to interest from higher levels who will pay decent money.

They'll always be a premium for big club Academy kids as they do tend to attract the most promising, hopefully with our new facilities and continuing success we can start to pull in those with greater potential.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saxondale said:

We might have six or seven good prospects that we want to develop but we need eleven players and some reserves to compete in the league. Obviously you sign the best you can and hope they make it but a lot are there I'm sure to make up the numbers.

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's most certainly at a factor at Man City. 

The amount of money they have gained in players such as Mooy, Denis Suarez, Rony Lopes and Jason Deyaner as been worth their time on sell-on clauses alone 

• Like 1

Leicester City advertise job that will have huge impact on club's future
City are on the hunt for a new Under-18s head coach after Trevor Peake announced his retirement from the role – the 63-year-old had been with the club since 2003

ByJordan Blackwell
12:57, 2 JUN 2020
SPORT
Trevor Peake is retiring as Leicester City's Under-18s head coach after 17 years at the club

Leicester City are searching for a new Under-18s head coach following the retirement of Trevor Peake.

After 17 years with City, Peake is stepping down from his position, having helped Andy King, Liam Moore, Jeff Schlupp, Ben Chilwell, Hamza Choudhury, Harvey Barnes, and others develop from academy prospects to first-team stars.

Now, City are on the hunt for a new coach to oversee the Under-18s, with the role likely to grow in significance with Brendan Rodgers at the helm.

The first-team manager has previously spoken of developing a ‘Leicester way’ and “synchronising a style of football throughout the club”.

A job advert for Under-18s position reads: “Leicester City FC Academy are looking for an outstanding coach with extensive experience of working in Academy football and ideally within the Professional Development Phase to become our Head U18 Coach.

“As our current U18 coach retires after 17 years, his replacement must be an individual who has the skills to build strong relationships with young people that are based on honesty and respect.

“Through this relationship you will be able to challenge the young people to push themselves further than they ever thought possible but provide them with high quality support when they require it.

“You will have the flexibility to develop a programme that meets the needs of the individuals in your squad and ensure that players transition from the U18 team to our First Team and beyond.

The new Under-18s head coach will also work with Under-23s boss Steve Beaglehole in forming a pathway through the ranks, with experience in youth football a must.

The advert continues: “The ideal candidate will have significant experience in leading the development and delivery of training and the review of players in the U18 team, with the key objective of preparing Academy players for First Team and beyond.

“You will have the following key skills and technical experience: Able to build strong relationships with young people and staff; Extensive experience of young player development and knowledge of appropriate technique and skill development practices; Able to communicate positively with young players, their parents, coaches and management; The ability to lead and develop a small team and prioritise workload; You will be as a minimum UEFA A qualified, UEFA Pro licence is desirable.

“The following competencies are essential for the role: communication, teamwork, taking ownership and relationship management.”

Applications for the job close on June 17.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-advertise-job-huge-4184719

• Like 1

Full Advert 

Leicester City FC Academy are looking for an outstanding coach with extensive experience of working in Academy football and ideally within the Professional Development Phase to become our Head U18 Coach. As our current U18 coach retires after 17 years his replacement must be an individual who has the skills to build strong relationships with young people that are based on honesty and respect. Through this relationship you will be able to challenge the young people to push themselves further than they ever thought possible but provide them with high quality support when they require it.Working within the framework of the Academy Game Model and Technical programme you will have the flexibility to develop a programme that meets the needs of the individuals in your squad and ensure that players transition from the U18 team to our First Team and beyond.With three Academy Graduates in the current First Team squad and a brand new Training Ground to be completed this summer there has never been a better time to join the team.Who We’re Looking ForThe ideal candidate will have significant experience in leading the development and delivery of training and the review of players in the U18 team, with the key objective of preparing Academy players for First Team and beyond. You will have the following key skills and technical experience;Able to build strong relationships with young people and staff.Extensive experience of young player development and knowledge of appropriate technique and skill development practices.Able to communicate positively with young players, their parents, coaches and management.The ability to lead and develop a small team and prioritise workload.Be prepared to work unsocial hours including evenings and weekends.Good IT skills.You will be as a minimum UEFA A qualified, UEFA Pro licence is desirable.The following competencies are essential for the role; communication, teamwork, taking ownership and relationship management. Our Academy StandardsWithin the Leicester City Academy, we value outstanding performance. The Foundation to our work is doing the brilliant basics every day in a collaborative effort to succeed in an honest and respectful environment. We expect staff to demonstrate; • Outstanding performance • Honesty and respect • A collaborative effort • Brilliant basics. About The ClubKnowing some of the history of Leicester City Football Club helps you appreciate the sense of community, spirit and family for which the Foxes are renowned for.Formed in 1884, the Club has been in the Premier League since 2013 when the Foxes returned to the Premier League as the Championship title winners. In 2016, Leicester City became Premier League champions. This remarkable achievement qualified them for the UEFA Champions League for the first time in the Club’s history and reached the quarter finals.Under the stewardship of King Power and the Club’s CEO Susan Whelan, Leicester City Football Club is deeply committed to the local community and its supporters and continually strives to ensure that every point of engagement with fans is truly world class including the experience on matchdays.Investment in the Club continues, with the opening of a new 180-acre Training Ground in north Leicester due in June 2020 and newly announced plans to redevelop the King Power Stadium site to include new hotel, conferencing and hospitality facilities along with a 30% increase in capacity.Ultimately, the Club’s vision is as exciting as it is simple: we believe that together, it’s possible. We value and respect individual difference and recognise that the diversity of our staff contributes to our success off the pitch. Our inclusive culture and approach is supported by our Stonewall Diversity Champions partnership, our Time to Change pledge and our status as a Disability Confident employer.Benefits Package Leicester City Football Club offers a competitive salary and pension scheme with life assurance to all its permanent employees. Employees are able to benefit from free onsite parking as well as an onsite subsidised staff restaurant. Employees also benefit from up to 33 days’ annual leave including bank holidays. Contract Type – PermanentHours Per Week – 37.5Leicester City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identify or expression, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.Leicester City Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, you may be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service and prior to taking up any role.A shortlist of suitable applicants will be compiled shortly after the closing date and successful candidates will be contacted about the interview process. It is expected that the first stage will be a virtual interview and final stage interviews on site will take place when Government guidance permits and following appropriate social distancing protocols.If you feel you have the qualities and experience we are looking for please apply by sending your CV, along with a covering letter, by email to [email protected]

Guest An Sionnach

Dewsbury-Hall and Hirst should go straight into the main squad next season, there has been enough pissing about with useless loan spells . The transfer market will collapse so we have to promote from within.

I know a few coaches putting their names in for the role, two who I have worked with personally who definitely fit the criteria of building strong relationships with their players and are excellent coaches on top of that. However I find it hard to imagine that the club aren't going to promote from within unless they deem a candidate exceptional.

I know we only ever hear about Under 23 and Under 18 teams but I have trawled around to find our players from our Under 16 team that are supposed to be quality.

I cannot provide a link as I am

rubbish at that sort of thing but if you type in on search engine Atlético Madrid Leicester City Harry French it

comes up with the squad list - apparently Logan Briggs and Will Alves have represented England.

Anybody else know if any of these other players are much good?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

I know we only ever hear about Under 23 and Under 18 teams but I have trawled around to find our players from our Under 16 team that are supposed to be quality.

I cannot provide a link as I am

rubbish at that sort of thing but if you type in on search engine Atlético Madrid Leicester City Harry French it

comes up with the squad list - apparently Logan Briggs and Will Alves have represented England.

Anybody else know if any of these other players are much good?

Kian Pennant who has recently moved up to the U18's (only 15) is supposed to be lethal. Brother of Terell who is also highly rated and both nephews of Jermaine.

I realise having read this back I could have written a brief synopsis on a Game of Thrones character.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Kian Pennant who has recently moved up to the U18's (only 15) is supposed to be lethal. Brother of Terell who is also highly rated and both nephews of Jermaine.

I realise having read this back I could have written a brief synopsis on a Game of Thrones character.

Agree.  I suppose it’s because they’re very young that these squad lists are generally not listed easily.  Supposed to be two very good Portuguese players at that level too!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Interesting, must not see any chances here. Was he a promising talent at all?

Who knows, he's another approaching 21 with no league experience through a loan.

• Like 2