Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Ayoze Perez Signs

6 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Decent signing for the squad Perez but don't really see how he enhances the first XI imo.  One of his biggest attributes will be his versatility I imagine.  I'd be hoping there is still plans to sign a real top class attacking wide player that is obviously better than what is already there.  I guess if Maguire goes it leaves you guys with a net spend of zero effectively so you'd think there'd be enough in the coffers to still go and get such a player.

I think, providing we sign Tielemans he plays on the left of the front 3, similar to where Maddison played towards the back end of the season. Drifting inside and cutting in on his right foot. Chillwell is effectively our left winger when we attack. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Gray 4 goals 1 Assist

Albrighton 2 goals 2 Assists

Barnes 1 goal 2 assists

Ghezzal 1 goal

Perez 12 goals 2 assits... 

It's not guaranteed he replicates that at Leicester next season though, he's not a player who turns in that level of numbers season after season.  I'm not panning the signing I think he's a good player, works hard which will lend itself well to a Rodgers side and is very versatile.  I only made the point as I don't believe he is the sort of signing that will be a vast difference maker in terms of making the top 6 which is the well documented aim.  I still believe you need a bit of stardust in those forward positions to get there, you may not get someone quite as good but someone like Mahrez, someone talismanic.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Haha 1

Personally I think he's an excellent signing and is just what we are looking for in a versatile forward.

He's very hard working, scores goals and adds versatility and experience to the squad.

• Like 1

Just now, Tuna said:

Personally I think he's an excellent signing and is just what we are looking for in a versatile forward.

He's very hard working, scores goals and adds versatility and experience to the squad.

This is the crux of it, I think with this signing due to his versatility you'll get two players in one, someone who can give Vardy a rest from time to time and also fill on out wide when needed.

As said still need that top class out and out wide player imo though, someone like Sarr or even Mahrez back, someone who will terrify full backs.  Still plenty time left in the window with a month to go though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

It's not guaranteed he replicates that at Leicester next season though, he's not a player who turns in that level of numbers season after season.  I'm not panning the signing I think he's a good player, works hard which will lend itself well to a Rodgers side and is very versatile.  I only made the point as I don't believe he is the sort of signing that will be a vast difference maker in terms of making the top 6 which is the well documented aim.  I still believe you need a bit of stardust in those forward positions to get there, you may not get someone quite as good but someone like Mahrez, someone talismanic.

12 and 2

8 and 5

9 and 6

6 and 2

7 and 0

He's improving all the time and his worst season still beats out current best hands down really. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I keep saying he can fill in for Vardy, but has he actually ever played up front on his own? He has always played out wide or in a front two has he not? Still a vastly versatile forward that we didn't have.

Reading some of the Newcastle fans comments and it seems that he has never/rarely played as a striker, mainly been used used an attacking mid or left wing. 

Another comment said last year he played very deep almost like another CM.

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I keep saying he can fill in for Vardy, but has he actually ever played up front on his own? He has always played out wide or in a front two has he not? Still a vastly versatile forward that we didn't have.

How quick is he? Is another question I have. I think we are still a striker light depending on what BR thinks he can get out of Iheanacho. As you said though, still a very useful signing who can play across the front and will surely add goals and flair to our attack, as well as hard work in terms of closing down etc. 

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think he did, season before last, at least a few games. I remember because he was reclassified as a forward on FPL

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

12 and 2

8 and 5

9 and 6

6 and 2

7 and 0

He's improving all the time and his worst season still beats out current best hands down really. 

For someone who never plays No9 those are very respectable figures TBF.

I'm open minded about this transfer but he might be a revelation playing in a side with much more offensive players. Vardy as the ultimate threat and Maddison and Tielemans in the middle with Ricardo bombing past him. We certainly need a 10 goals a season man in the side apart from relying on Vardy all the time. 

I also love the stat that he had the best tackling and interception stats of any attacking player in the PL last season. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, STUHILL said:

How quick is he? Is another question I have. I think we are still a striker light depending on what BR thinks he can get out of Iheanacho. As you said though, still a very useful signing who can play across the front and will surely add goals and flair to our attack, as well as hard work in terms of closing down etc. 

I think he is our 3rd striker, but will often be deployed out wide. I think if we are to get one more it'll be a winger who can also play number 8/10 someone like Brais Mendez or Harry Wilson. The dream would be Ziych who is the perfect left footed midfielder who operates wide right or in a midfield 3 in an advanced role with another and a defensive anchor. Mendez showed last season in La Liga and for Spain that he is not far off Ziyech potential and is only 22. He also supposedly has a 25m euro release clause.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

12 and 2

8 and 5

9 and 6

6 and 2

7 and 0

Championship stats in there though.

I'm not needing justification Perez is a good player I've already said I believe him to be a good player and a goof signing, I was just making the point that I don't think he's the kind of guy that will make a big difference in terms of breaking that top 6 and there's still work to do to get such a player.

• Like 2

Just now, henrik_62 said:

Championship stats in there though.

I'm not needing justification Perez is a good player I've already said I believe him to be a good player and a goof signing, I was just making the point that I don't think he's the kind of guy that will make a big difference in terms of breaking that top 6 and there's still work to do to get such a player.

Only one of those seasons was in the Championship.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

This is the crux of it, I think with this signing due to his versatility you'll get two players in one, someone who can give Vardy a rest from time to time and also fill on out wide when needed.

As said still need that top class out and out wide player imo though, someone like Sarr or even Mahrez back, someone who will terrify full backs.  Still plenty time left in the window with a month to go though.

A top wide player who can also play as a striker would be a great solution as I still think we are light up front if Iheanacho continues his shit show!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think he is our 3rd striker, but will often be deployed out wide. I think if we are to get one more it'll be a winger who can also play number 8/10 someone like Brais Mendez or Harry Wilson. The dream would be Ziych who is the perfect left footed midfielder who operates wide right or in a midfield 3 in an advanced role with another and a defensive anchor. Mendez showed last season in La Liga and for Spain that he is not far off Ziyech potential and is only 22. He also supposedly has a 25m euro release clause.

These are the sort of players I mean in terms of real difference makers to threaten that toip 6.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That is putting Iheanacho as our 2nd striker though and that is concerning, as we are one injury away from having him our main no.9 and he looks anything but capable of that at the moment. Really hope BR can work some magic on him OR Vardy stays fit and can play 80-90% of the games