Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Ayoze Perez Signs

15 hours ago, Babylon said:

Except for the fact he played as an inside forward for Newcastle when his form turned around. We aren’t spending £30m on someone to sit on the bench for a position we no longer play.

He was playing as an inside forward? Explains why his goals shot up and assists decreased compared to previous seasons. Still if as previous seasons he gets eight goals he's on about 0.25 goals a match - better than Gray's 0.18.

17 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

It's not guaranteed he replicates that at Leicester next season though, he's not a player who turns in that level of numbers season after season.  I'm not panning the signing I think he's a good player, works hard which will lend itself well to a Rodgers side and is very versatile.  I only made the point as I don't believe he is the sort of signing that will be a vast difference maker in terms of making the top 6 which is the well documented aim.  I still believe you need a bit of stardust in those forward positions to get there, you may not get someone quite as good but someone like Mahrez, someone talismanic.

In the real world it's not that easy to pop out & buy 'someone like Mahrez', otherwise I'm guessing the Club might just have already done it!

14 hours ago, Billy Big Balls said:

In the club interview he refers to himself as a striker and says he hopes he brings goals to the team. I think he's going to be our plan b and occasional starter in games but will only be cover for the wings and centre mids if he's needed. 

Good signing imo. A little overpriced but exactly the type we needed. I think he'll bring a lot to the team. 

So gray starts over him? 

Guest Cujek

Good signing, really positive 

Who would have thought a few years we would be buying one of, if not the best player at Newcastle 

He did well there in a poor team, hopefully he will get to the next level with better players around him

Excited for the season to start. 

I was in the Marriott lounge yesterday when all the players came in around lunchtime after training, including Ayoze Perez. A couple of hours later as he was leaving he walked directly past where I was sitting so on behalf of all Foxes I welcomed him to Leicester to which he said thank you and smiled. :scarf: seemed a nice chap

Incidentally I think he will  be valuable signing because of his versatility and if he can score another 12 goals from wide and/or behind Vardy then no one can complain:.... Oh wait.. this is Foxestalk  :ph34r: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Perez seemed like a perennial nearly man at Newcastle, never quite good enough when they were in the PL and too good for them in  the Champ. But then last year he improved in leaps and bounds.

If you'd told me two  years ago  we were signing him i would've said a waste of money, but now i think he might work.

i think he fills a good gap of a striker who can  create for others.

Vardy isn't really a creator.

having a poacher and a maker of chances seems like a great idea.

Edited by Swiss_tony

2 hours ago, Red Squirrel said:

I was in the Marriott lounge yesterday when all the players came in around lunchtime after training, including Ayoze Perez. A couple of hours later as he was leaving he walked directly past where I was sitting so on behalf of all Foxes I welcomed him to Leicester to which he said thank you and smiled. :scarf: seemed a nice chap

Incidentally I think he will  be valuable signing because of his versatility and if he can score another 12 goals from wide and/or behind Vardy then no one can complain:.... Oh wait.. this is Foxestalk  :ph34r: 

Apparently the players are training in the morning, going to the Marriott for a couple of hours to chill and then back for a second / double session.

Should hopefully mean they are nice and fit! 

16 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

So, can he play in the same side as Vards and Maddison?

Schmeichel

Periera

Soyu/Benko

Mags

Chills

Ndidi

Tiel

Madds

Barnes

Perez

Vardy

I bet this selection...is not far from the

One BRodgers is contemplating...

All our big buys ...on show ...

Obviously all depends,on individuals showing form & who stands up to be counted over pre-season