Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Ayoze Perez Signs

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Championship stats in there though.

I'm not needing justification Perez is a good player I've already said I believe him to be a good player and a goof signing, I was just making the point that I don't think he's the kind of guy that will make a big difference in terms of breaking that top 6 and there's still work to do to get such a player.

Championship stats.... One season out of those listed.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Except for the fact he played as an inside forward for Newcastle when his form turned around. We aren’t spending £30m on someone to sit on the bench for a position we no longer play.

To be fair, we stopped playing Okazaki becuase we rather stopped being very effective.

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

To be fair, we stopped playing Okazaki becuase we rather stopped being very effective.

Because we bought Maddison for that position and then we switched system entirely with the two more advanced cm’s. 

He played “wide”, just not out and out winger wide a lot. The good thing is he can play in numerous forward areas.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/135366/Show/Ayoze-Pérez

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

£16 upfront with performance add-ons taking it close to £30m OR £30m release clause upfront or instalments...  

One of those! lol 

Seen a 30 million release clause being bandied about. Not great but not horrific for a winger who has similar stats to our own lot, except he can intercept and tackle better than Albrighton and more likely to score than Gray.

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

Seen a 30 million release clause being bandied about. Not great but not horrific for a winger who has similar stats to our own lot, except he can intercept and tackle better than Albrighton and more likely to score than Gray.

Would love one of our wingers to score 12 goals! Decent signing and in an attacking side like ours, he could easily match that goal tally or more. 

Just wonder if it is Newcastle who are feeding the £30million fee to all the press, but it's actually closer to the £16m upfront with a lot of add-ons 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Would love one of our wingers to score 12 goals! Decent signing and in an attacking side like ours, he could easily match that goal tally or more. 

Just wonder if it is Newcastle who are feeding the £30million fee to all the press, but it's actually closer to the £16m upfront with a lot of add-ons 

I wonder where this release clause comes from then. If he does have that, then newcastle were happy to sell him anyway?

He's got 0.36 goals a match. And 0.06 assists a match. He seemed to be scoring more and assisting less than normal last season. Not amazing but better than ours last season.

22 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I wonder where this release clause comes from then. If he does have that, then newcastle were happy to sell him anyway?

He's got 0.36 goals a match. And 0.06 assists a match. He seemed to be scoring more and assisting less than normal last season. Not amazing but better than ours last season.

Wouldn’t worry too much about the 0.06 assists per match last season. Let’s face it his options to pass when in attack for Newcastle were pretty awful or non existent!!

In the club interview he refers to himself as a striker and says he hopes he brings goals to the team. I think he's going to be our plan b and occasional starter in games but will only be cover for the wings and centre mids if he's needed. 

Good signing imo. A little overpriced but exactly the type we needed. I think he'll bring a lot to the team. 

• Like 1

Versatile player which is great and hopefully someone who can lighten the load for Vardy if he struggles with any injuries this season.

A lot of money, yes, but if we want the player we have to pay.  And he's ended the season in good form which is a plus.

• Like 2

The more I read, stats particularly, the more positive I feel about this.

Seems like a lot of money but he could be here for a long time and it seems like it isn't all immediate at least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Surely that's a good things shows he is progressing we could have got him just at the right time in his career.

What made him standout for me when I have seen him play was his quick movement and ability with the ball. 

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Some not very happy Newcastle fans in the comments section on the Beeb...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48869383

Would you be, if you lost your top manager and your top scorer (probable  Rondon leaving too) and still have a complete dickbutt as your owner.. Pretty sure even i wouldnt have much joy about me. 

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Surely that's a good things shows he is progressing we could have got him just at the right time in his career.

What made him standout for me when I have seen him play was his quick movement and ability with the ball. 

Just wondering if his dip in assists and increase in goals is a blip. I don't really care if he's scoring eight and assisting six, or scoring 12 and assisting two - as long as they're going in.

• Like 2