Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Ayoze Perez Signs

Just now, STUHILL said:

That is putting Iheanacho as our 2nd striker though and that is concerning, as we are one injury away from having him our main no.9 and he looks anything but capable of that at the moment. Really hope BR can work some magic on him OR Vardy stays fit and can play 80-90% of the games

No, I think Perez is our 2nd striker as in first reserve. I was merely saying that signing Perez will now give us 3 options up front.

39 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Gray 4 goals 1 Assist

Albrighton 2 goals 2 Assists

Barnes 1 goal 2 assists

Ghezzal 1 goal

Perez 12 goals 2 assits... 

Perez isn't a winger. He replaces Okazaki.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Perez isn't a winger. He replaces Okazaki.

Yes and no, I think for the most part he'll play either side of Vardy on one of the wings or in a front two. The question is will we go and buy another winger or not? If not, I think Perez will be keeping out at least one of the above from playing and therefore replacing their goal contributions, which ought to be much higher even from the wing.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

No, I think Perez is our 2nd striker as in first reserve. I was merely saying that signing Perez will now give us 3 options up front.

See what you mean now. Shame we don't have a young striker in the Choudary/Barnes mould that could be our out and out striker and come in if really needed.

48 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Decent signing for the squad Perez but don't really see how he enhances the first XI imo.  One of his biggest attributes will be his versatility I imagine.  I'd be hoping there is still plans to sign a real top class attacking wide player that is obviously better than what is already there.  I guess if Maguire goes it leaves you guys with a net spend of zero effectively so you'd think there'd be enough in the coffers to still go and get such a player.

Something to keep in mind is to see how much of a pressing game we play this season. Last time round there were hints at it, but it was nothing like Liverpool or even the first 15 minutes under peak Ranieri where we would rattle other teams with high intensity starts.

If we are to play a high pressing game, then you need players so that the team can be rotated so everyone who comes into the team "does a Shinji" where they come off the pitch absolutely spent. We had good results against the top 6 teams, but it was in games like Cardiff, Palace, etc that we were found lacking. Players like Ayoze might be key in improving our consistency across the whole season by allowing us to play an intense style in every game, rather than 1 in every 2.

Also another attacking player coming in certainly wouldn't surprise me. As many have said, Ayoze seems more like the Shinji replacement, even if he does start as a right forward in a 433.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes and no, I think for the most part he'll play either side of Vardy on one of the wings or in a front two. The question is will we go and buy another winger or not? If not, I think Perez will be keeping out at least one of the above from playing and therefore replacing their goal contributions, which ought to be much higher even from the wing.

He might play on the 'wings' in a similar fashion to Maddison but he just isn't a winger in the same way those other players are. Unfair to compare their stats.

Edited by AKCJ

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Something to keep in mind is to see how much of a pressing game we play this season. Last time round there were hints at it, but it was nothing like Liverpool or even the first 15 minutes under peak Ranieri where we would rattle other teams with high intensity starts.

If we are to play a high pressing game, then you need players so that the team can be rotated so everyone who comes into the team "does a Shinji" where they come off the pitch absolutely spent. We had good results against the top 6 teams, but it was in games like Cardiff, Palace, etc that we were found lacking. Players like Ayoze might be key in improving our consistency across the whole season by allowing us to play an intense style in every game, rather than 1 in every 2.

Also another attacking player coming in certainly wouldn't surprise me. As many have said, Ayoze seems more like the Shinji replacement, even if he does start as a right forward in a 433.

Very good points.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I swear the announcement of signings gets delayed so they can piss about thinking up and making these reveal videos.

He probably signed on Monday. 

Absolutely. Spurs I think delayed a signing announcement because their social media was down. It's serious bidniz. 

15 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I also love the stat that he had the best tackling and interception stats of any attacking player in the PL last season. 

This I think is a major point for why Brendan splashed the cash for Ayoze. We want a high pressing game and now we get one of the best forwards in league at it. He can become like Shinji, just with more quality and an end product combined with a versatility to cover most of our attacking positions. Can't wait to see Vardy and Ayoze hunting down poor passing CBs this season and cause complete havoc... :)

Fantastic signing.

We are buying a player on the up, used to England, used to the Premier League and a player that is a very good finisher. We need goals from the midfield or attacking midfielders/No 10 role and I think he is the man to add them. I also hope this signing signals a subtle change to formation that allows us to play a 433/451 option (with and without the ball) that doesnt include this obsession with wingers. I love Harvey Barnes and am a fan of Demerai but for me to have two of that type in the side and only one central midfielder with Ndidi makes us look weak. It also lessens the chances of our attacking full-backs running into space. Id go as far to say we look at our best when we have Hamza, Ndidi and hopefully Tielemans in a midfield 3.If we start the season with something like this Id be delighted..

Kasper

Riccardo - Maguire - Evans - Chilwell

Hamza - Ndidi - Tielemans

Maddison - Vardy - Ayoze 

• Like 2

These unveiling videos do my head in. All of them are cringeworthy.  Soon enough they are going to be jumping out of planes in a super hero mask and take the mask off at the end etc.

Anyyyyhow  welcome to the team, now lets go win the league!

9 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Good man. I had an Octavia RS for years. Diamond. These under appreciated motors can turn in a cracking performance - too obscure?

I've got the latest Superb Estate.. You could have a wedding reception in it!.. Massive... Bit like LCFC!! 

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we will go and get one. Perez is the perfect " team " signing, we had no-one with his skill set and versatility, it means we don't need to really buy another striker who consistently face the issue of ousting our talisman. Tielemans is the marquee signing that will make the difference between mid table or challenging for that elusive top 6.

It’s the versatility which sells it for me, very good player that could also do a job to replace Vardy when needed. Can’t be any worse than Iheanacho anyway.  

Guest SO1

Rodgers best year at Liverpool (13/14) he played Sterling, Suarez and Sturridge across the front three. All of them were capable of playing on the wing or striker.

Thinking that is what he is after. Versatility. Multiple players playing multiple positions. Same as Klopp now.

I know Sterling sucked as a striker but you get the point

24 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I've got the latest Superb Estate.. You could have a wedding reception in it!.. Massive... Bit like LCFC!! 

Meh. They're just reskinned VW's these days :P;)

oops:

Meh. Since Skoda were

Bought by Volkswagen, it's true,

They're just not the same...

Edited by PhillippaT