Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Ayoze Perez Signs

4 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Your concerns are fair and I've thought it too but I disagree with the last statement. Albrighton has 10 goals in 160 premier league games over the last 5 years. Perez has 12 goals in 37 Premier league games just this year. I know there's more to the game than just goals but we're crying out for someone to contribute so we don't rely soly on Vardy. We have our creativity in Barnes, Tielemans and Maddison. We now need someone to bury the chances. 

Oh I agree. But is he a Vardy sub or a sub anywhere across the midfield too or is he our attacking midfielder on the right hand side. If he is that as is being touted, why are we looking for a 30-50 million right winger because if Tielemans Maddison Ndidi Barnes Vardy all start there’s no room for Perez as a starter if we buy that right winger.

Im wondering if Brendan sees him on the right at all and will just be a sub to come on for the last 20 minutes almost anywhere across the front.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Find it hard to believe that we didn't keep a single clean sheet with Gray in the team. Unless i'm reading that wrong.

1-0 Cardiff away where Gray scored and revealed his Vichai tribute, so yeah that's wrong.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I can see why we bought him. I’m still however a tad bothered about the 70% of Geordies who quite simply said he goes missing for 2/3rd of each season in games. Whilst that’s easy to bat off talking about a rubbish Newcastle side, defensive minded and negative in a Benitez set up, it still kinda bothers me if he’s gonna be played on the right of midfield if he has enough consistent quality.

If he is going to be a bench/super sub across the front line then fair enough but it’ll be interesting as I think Albrighton may well start ahead of him.

Maybe he's just one of those players who goes on long hot and cold streaks, just like our very own J Vardy..

Vardy's stats for the first half of the season were absolutely shocking, but he still ended up one of the top contributors.

12 minutes ago, woollett the bullet said:

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that Perez will have as great an impact on the team as Tielemans this season. 

Probably talking out of my hat as usual but I can just see him doing really well

We all can only summise and hope how it turns out for him .I go on his price tag

We haven't spent 30 mil,so he can hock

70% of the time on the Bench

.He will be a starter in my eyes patrnering Vardy..,them floating accordingly to the game day tactics.

3 hours ago, Billy Big Balls said:

This is gonna be a propper football manager hipster post so feel free to laugh at me for being "that guy". 

After watching the preseason game the other day I was trying to figure out exactly what Perez's role is in the team because it's so unusual. He doesn't have any of the normal traits of a winger like speed or the ability to beat a man 1 v 1 but he always seems to find spaces to be picked out inside the box. In the Scunthorpe game he could've scored 4, and every chance that came his way was through excellent positioning rather than any sort of extraordinary skill. 

Then when I thought of who is similar to him as a player, the first thing that came to my head was Thomas Muller, who is known for the exact same traits. He is a bit of a jack of all trades. Decent at all aspects of football but not special at anything. If you watched Muller in a one off game you probably wouldn't think much of him, yet he's a constant in the Bayern side and scores unbelievable amounts of goals. 

The role he plays is called a "Raumdeuter", which roughly translates to "space interpreter". If anyone's interested in a much better explanation of what that means and what (in my opinion) Perez's role will be for us, I'll leave a link below. 

httpps://youtu.be/sZsJo7ZKdjQ

(Sorry, idk how to do the links properly) 

In my opinion, this makes perfect sense as a signing. We have so many creative players that can pick out passes but only Vardy is a threat that they can pick out. Perez is an extremely intelligent player that can be our Muller and contribute with 10+ goals. Also, I think it complements Ricardo perfectly as Perez will naturally drift to the spaces between players inside the pitch, leaving the wing open for overlaps. This has already been shown with how many times they combined against Scunthorpe and the goal came as a direct result of Perez's intelligent movement and Ricardo overlapping. 

Thomas Muller is a brilliant comparison! A player you could argue didn't have a set position but was always in the team because he was a very good player, had great awareness and was a clinical finisher.

Bit harsh to say he wasn't special at anything though! Golden Boot at one world cup and a key part of a team that won another! The guy is a clinical finisher!

• 1 year later...