Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Ayoze Perez Signs

22 minutes ago, Manini said:

Albrighton, Barnes, Gray, Perez, Ghezzal, Maddison and Vardy and Ihenacho. We have some real options going forward now (I think at least one of these might be on the way out), and some depth for a change, which we’ve been missing. I’m pleased. 

Ghezzeal will be out

1 minute ago, Gforce19 said:

Talking of Ashley , this signing really underlined how amazing our owners are .

How the NUFC fans must be feeling knowing LCFC can snap up their best player !!!

Indeed, when you compare the size of the clubs its a sickener for them, particularly as they didnt have the worst of seasons.

Oh well, their loss will hopefully be our gain!

Guest SO1

Perfect signing. Ticks all the boxes for me as an attacking player. The fact that he can cover for Vardy is huge. That fear is gone.

I can't wait for the season to start.

Edited by SO1

Alot of saltiness from some newcastle fans, we are all hearing how "bang average" he is, however to lose a "bang average" player who finished top scorer the last 2 seasons for your club, if i was a newcastle fan i would be very very worried for next season

Welcome Ayoze, to our club, who in 15/16 turned "bang average" players into Premier League Champions 

• Like 2

7/10 signing for me. He’s versatile, a goal threat and works hard but on the other hand he’s not particularly creative, not very quick and £30m (if true) is a lot.

We could definitely make worse signings but we can almost certainly do better. My hope is that we shift Ghezzal and get “a marquee winger” in. 

9 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

It seems to be one where analysing the data shows it to be a great signing. Love a data signing. 

I agree with this. I bet they crunched the numbers and found that for his stats, his expected price in the current market is 30m or above. Hence with the manager and coaches liking him, it was an easy decision to make to buy him out of his contract. It means the deal can be done super quickly and with zero fuss.

Guest SO1
13 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Great signing. I'm sticking oot my neck and predicting 15 goals from him next season. If he can score 12 for a poor Newcastle side it seems reasonable. X 

I think your being a bit conservative :twitch:. I'd go a bit more. Something tells me this guy has more up his sleeve than he's shown so far.

He'll have chances galore in a Rodgers attacking side. Can see him and Vardy creating absolute mayhem in the box.

Time to be Flat Track Bullies and start racking up the points.

2 questions. 

1. Whilst it is an undisclosed fee. Anyone know roughly how much? Varying reports between 15 and 40 million. 

2. Does this indicate that Madders is off? I'd like him to come out and state he is going nowhere in light of the media actually touting him to the big boys. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Burmesefox said:

2 questions. 

1. Whilst it is an undisclosed fee. Anyone know roughly how much? Varying reports between 15 and 40 million. 

2. Does this indicate that Madders is off? I'd like him to come out and state he is going nowhere in light of the media actually touting him to the big boys. 

Apparently it is £16million upfront with a lot of performance related add-ons that could take it close to the £30million mark being touted in the media. That's from a respectable ITK on here but goes against triggering a £30m release clause which I would imagine cannot include performance related add-ons to reach that sum. I personally believe the £16m upfront with a lot of add-ons, as that seems to be the way many deals are done these days, but media always like to report the highest sum to get the clicks! 

I personally can't see Maddison going anywhere in this window. I think Maguire is the only one that may go, and only if we get over £80m+ for him.

• Like 1

Good times , its big money but that's only relative to the current market that is completely nuts.   seems a good fit hopefully a new start will help him improve his consistency he is at his prime and could get better so feeling positive.

I just looked on the newcastle forum its bleak.. the last comment was this ,the fans up there deserve better.

yeah good luck to him. he might have been hit and miss but he was a trier, could never fault his effort and he seemed to care, unlike some that went down with us last time. deserves a decent career with a club that cares.

Decent signing for the squad Perez but don't really see how he enhances the first XI imo.  One of his biggest attributes will be his versatility I imagine.  I'd be hoping there is still plans to sign a real top class attacking wide player that is obviously better than what is already there.  I guess if Maguire goes it leaves you guys with a net spend of zero effectively so you'd think there'd be enough in the coffers to still go and get such a player.

• Like 4