Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Ayoze Perez Signs

15 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Schmeichel

Periera

Soyu/Benko

Mags

Chills

Ndidi

Tiel

Madds

Barnes

Perez

Vardy

I bet this selection...is not far from the

One BRodgers is contemplating...

All our big buys ...on show ...

Obviously all depends,on individuals showing form & who stands up to be counted over pre-season

On paper that looks a very exciting and attacking side with a good spread of goals. Bring it on. 

12 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Jaku

Xxx

Xxx

Moore

XXX

James

King

Ulloa

Slimani

Musa

Complete the 3rd team..

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you mean Elliott Moore not Liam Moore, but you do know Ulloa and Musa have left? lol

13 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Jaku

Xxx

Xxx

Moore

XXX

James

King

Ulloa

Slimani

Musa

Complete the 3rd team..

Zieler

Simpson

Huth

Benny

De Laet

Hammond

Inler

Cambiasso

Okazaki

Ulloa

Musa.

Is this the 3rd team you speak of?

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you mean Elliott Moore not Liam Moore, but you do know Ulloa and Musa have left? lol

Elliot Moore...!!  Why people confuse him with Liam I have no idea

I know...they left,but they might be lonely!!   

10 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

So, do we think Perez will take over Shinji's role or play as a winger most of the time?

I can't really envision him as a winger, but that's just me.

I think he's best in the Shinji role so will play there if the formation we play against a particular opponent allows for it. When we play an alternative formation, he'll play as a winger instead because he's still better there than any of our current options.

9 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

So, do we think Perez will take over Shinji's role or play as a winger most of the time?

I can't really envision him as a winger, but that's just me.

I can see a lot more interchanging positions during play this season with the front three being very fluid.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

It seems all our new players will be playing in the previous players role,and we can't replace Mahrez..shiiiiittt we are fked!!

get a grip man....lol, I've heard that Mahrez is at Manchester Airport trying to get a transfer to LCFC.

Edited by norwichfox
  • Haha 2

The Tielemans signing seems to have completely overshadowed this deal. 

Quite an incredible few days in the history of our club. 

We've signed players on the up or on the way down, in the past, but we've just got two players that could really push us on. 

Absolutely Buzzing about all this ?

3 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

The Tielemans signing seems to have completely overshadowed this deal. 

Quite an incredible few days in the history of our club. 

We've signed players on the up or on the way down, in the past, but we've just got two players that could really push us on. 

Absolutely Buzzing about all this ?

Yup me too, he really is a solid player and its a shame he isnt getting the hype he deserves.

Understandably the Youri transfer has overwhelmed this transfer but im pretty sure he is going to be massive for us. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Yup me too, he really is a solid player and its a shame he isnt getting the hype he deserves.

Understandably the Youri transfer has overwhelmed this transfer but im pretty sure he is going to be massive for us. 

It puts a lot less pressure on Pérez’s shoulders though. A lot of pressure on Youri’s, but he’s a character who can handle it and do the business regardless. 

I'm very bored so I thought I'd have a look at how Perez compares with the man he might be replacing in the starting 11...

Screenshot_20190716-154856_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5fbfddc1f1dbbf5fd8e2949308c01a31.jpg

Not much too interesting here. We all knew Perez carries a much bigger goal threat. 

Screenshot_20190716-154939_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e7aeb930d66916a3ad718dfda7563739.jpg

Perez scored 4 headers last season. Not something many might have known he had to his game, although he did score a header against us at the KP so maybe it's just my prejudice of a technical Spanish attacker. 8.5% shooting success for Gray... 

Screenshot_20190716-155018_Chrome.thumb.jpg.14eae011b5685fa256331f61c582032c.jpg

A couple of interesting one's here. 0 big chances created by Gray all season. Yes, 0. Barnes created 3 big chances in half the appearances of Gray. 

The first worrying stat I've seen about Perez is that he was dispossessed 77 times which is something I heard Newcastle fans say about him. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he's trying to take more risks since he's the only Newcastle player with any creative quality and when the burden is shared between him, Maddison, Tielemans and Barnes, that won't be a problem. 

Screenshot_20190716-155052_Chrome.thumb.jpg.10c653ccc36b8f85ca6ed8c48a8d796d.jpg

And last but not least, Perez's defensive stats. The best in the league for attackers, not much more I can add. 

I hope this has been helpful for some of you. I can't wait to see Perez in action for the first time later! 

Edited by Billy Big Balls
  • Thanks 3

^ Nice work!

I've always been impressed by Perez. I get the impression he will lose the ball on occasion, but then I would say that Riyad Mahrez lost the ball a lot and both Tielemans and Maddison do so too. But it's when the player loses the ball that matters. Those three are all forward thinking players, and certainly one thing that Tielemans brought in like a breath of fresh air was that he always tried to pass it forwards. As you say he was also playing in a team where there often wasn't anyone else to really play the ball too. Now with players like Maddison, Tielemans, Ricardo there are. I'd just advise him not to play it to Ndidi too often lol!

I can see why we bought him. I’m still however a tad bothered about the 70% of Geordies who quite simply said he goes missing for 2/3rd of each season in games. Whilst that’s easy to bat off talking about a rubbish Newcastle side, defensive minded and negative in a Benitez set up, it still kinda bothers me if he’s gonna be played on the right of midfield if he has enough consistent quality.

If he is going to be a bench/super sub across the front line then fair enough but it’ll be interesting as I think Albrighton may well start ahead of him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I can see why we bought him. I’m still however a tad bothered about the 70% of Geordies who quite simply said he goes missing for 2/3rd of each season in games. Whilst that’s easy to bat off talking about a rubbish Newcastle side, defensive minded and negative in a Benitez set up, it still kinda bothers me if he’s gonna be played on the right of midfield if he has enough consistent quality.

If he is going to be a bench/super sub across the front line then fair enough but it’ll be interesting as I think Albrighton may well start ahead of him.

Your concerns are fair and I've thought it too but I disagree with the last statement. Albrighton has 10 goals in 160 premier league games over the last 5 years. Perez has 12 goals in 37 Premier league games just this year. I know there's more to the game than just goals but we're crying out for someone to contribute so we don't rely soly on Vardy. We have our creativity in Barnes, Tielemans and Maddison. We now need someone to bury the chances. 

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Find it hard to believe that we didn't keep a single clean sheet with Gray in the team. Unless i'm reading that wrong.

Not sure if that's a false stat or not but I'd say that's coincidence if it's true. Grays defensive contributions are actually quite good for a winger and I don't remember him ever letting us down defensively.