Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

The City shirts on holiday thread 2019

8 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Have to plead ignorance here as I've never really understood the wearing of football shirts unless you were playing or going to a game.

Any reason why so many people wear them on holidays?

To represent. my man.

Edited by VIKTOR-LE5
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

For Euro 2016 v Russia we were stopping about 40mins drive out of Marseille on the coast. We got a train in on the Friday morning but there were no trains running Friday night.

Absolutely steaming, been running from the Russians attacking us all evening and we just wanted to get back to our campsite. 

Could we find a taxi either around Marseille to flag down? Could we fcuk

We ended up in these backstreets and inside this dingiest looking boozer you’ll ever see, full of Algerian’s who were looking at the 5 of us like we’d walked into a Wild West bar. The landlord didn’t want to know, when I was asking if he could call us a taxi (using google translate- my French is shite ?

It seemed like the ‘locals’ were becoming more and more hostile, especially after the landlord started making ‘shooing’ motions wanting us to leave.

All of a sudden one local who’s sat down at a table and isn’t one of these starting to surround us spots my leicester tattoo on my leg

’LEICESTER LEICESTER! MAHREZ!’ 

Well the whole atmosphere changes instantly. All these locals shaking our hands, taking pictures of my leg ?, and it really went off when I bought my leicester flag out the bag ?

Ended up having a big photograph with about 20 Algerians holding my flag ??. Then one of them decides he’ll call his mate who then drove the 5 of us the 40mins back to our campsite ?

Magic lol 

On 24/07/2019 at 20:12, purpleronnie said:

Have to plead ignorance here as I've never really understood the wearing of football shirts unless you were playing or going to a game.

Any reason why so many people wear them on holidays?

I’m in agreement, I’d never pack mine for a holiday, and I avoid anyone who does so ? I go away to get away from Brits.

• Like 2

Saw a lad on a bike on Soulac seafront (with his parents I think) wearing a Leicester Blue. If he's still here pm me and I'll put the cash up for an ice-cream.

I’m currently on hols and one guy here has so far sported the home shirt, away shirt, black shirt (my fave) and the blue/grey polo shirt...

Got another week here so will be looking forward to seeing what he comes up with :scarf:

• 4 weeks later...

Was wearing a black away top in Hungary today and got asked by a couple of Japanese tourists if I was from Leicester. 

They didn't know too much about Leicester itself but know the badge from Okazaki. Ironically hadn't realised he left us though!

Edited by TK95

I seen someone in Hong Kong wearing Leicester City kit , I also brought 11 home  kits after title win to family n friends in Hong Kong . They love vardy and Kante . 

I was also in Rhodes with family and saw a lot of Leicester shirts , our school Holidays starts a week earlier might have made a significant difference . Leicester is finally on the world map ! 

• 4 weeks later...

Missed the Man U and Spurs games  due to being in New York, while I was out and about I visited the Legends Sports Bar on 33rd street which for those who don’t know is almost next to the Empire State Building. This place is worth a visit if your ever in New York and by the looks of if it other Leicester City fans have already made it through the door.

FB12F12C-8A44-41F6-A034-9D25A077EDDC.jpeg

• Like 1

On 25/07/2019 at 06:41, The Year Of The Fox said:

For Euro 2016 v Russia we were stopping about 40mins drive out of Marseille on the coast. We got a train in on the Friday morning but there were no trains running Friday night.

Absolutely steaming, been running from the Russians attacking us all evening and we just wanted to get back to our campsite. 

Could we find a taxi either around Marseille to flag down? Could we fcuk

We ended up in these backstreets and inside this dingiest looking boozer you’ll ever see, full of Algerian’s who were looking at the 5 of us like we’d walked into a Wild West bar. The landlord didn’t want to know, when I was asking if he could call us a taxi (using google translate- my French is shite ?

It seemed like the ‘locals’ were becoming more and more hostile, especially after the landlord started making ‘shooing’ motions wanting us to leave.

All of a sudden one local who’s sat down at a table and isn’t one of these starting to surround us spots my leicester tattoo on my leg

’LEICESTER LEICESTER! MAHREZ!’ 

Well the whole atmosphere changes instantly. All these locals shaking our hands, taking pictures of my leg ?, and it really went off when I bought my leicester flag out the bag ?

Ended up having a big photograph with about 20 Algerians holding my flag ??. Then one of them decides he’ll call his mate who then drove the 5 of us the 40mins back to our campsite ?

I had a vaguely similar experience to this. We were staying in Marseille and quite close to an area with lots of Algerians living there.

A kid tried to steal my phone out my pocket earlier in the day but when he saw me again later on with my Leicester shirt on they all came up shouting 'Mahrez!' and getting a photo with my shirt, even though it was a retro 90s one. Later on they helped shelter us when we were running down a street away from a group of Russians.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Missed the Man U and Spurs games  due to being in New York, while I was out and about I visited the Legends Sports Bar on 33rd street which for those who don’t know is almost next to the Empire State Building. This place is worth a visit if your ever in New York and by the looks of if it other Leicester City fans have already made it through the door.

FB12F12C-8A44-41F6-A034-9D25A077EDDC.jpeg

Check out the supporters club section on here and you will find out about the New York Foxes.