Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

The City shirts on holiday thread 2019

Family used to have an IT System administrator who was an Everton fan and had the club's logo that was painted on most of his car bonnet, whilst he worked in Leicester at the time.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

14 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Chaps I met an 81 year old man from Ibstock today in the pub in st Ives , Kevin I think he name was , he was a totally sound gent , was a builder before he retired , was lovely to chat and share the cud with this elderly fox 

St Ives, there's a cinema there which has a cafe within it. The owner of this cafe asked us where we were from and we mentioned Leicester. His son-in-law was a huge Leicester fan. 

One of the weirdest moments I've had is doing an inspection on a pub in Corsham near Bath. I got chatting the landlord and went onto football. Half of Darren Eadie's family drank in there!

• Like 1

Just back from a couple of weeks in the lake district.  Plenty of city shirts around.

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

St Ives, there's a cinema there which has a cafe within it. The owner of this cafe asked us where we were from and we mentioned Leicester. His son-in-law was a huge Leicester fan. 

One of the weirdest moments I've had is doing an inspection on a pub in Corsham near Bath. I got chatting the landlord and went onto football. Half of Darren Eadie's family drank in there!

Slightly off topic, but remember back in the early eighties as a student in Aberdeen. Walked into a pub and the whole place was decked out with LCFC photos and memorabilia. Turned out place was run by a relative of Bobby Smith (remember him? used to play RB I think).Walking into strange pubs in the dodgier parts of Aberdeen with an English accent back then was not always the brightest of moves, however, on this occasion it actually got me a few free pints when I told them where I was from.  Always made sure I was wearing colours whenever I went in there after that first time.

On 17/07/2019 at 19:22, Finley Parsons said:

Was in Nerja a few years ago wearing my Leicester top while searching for a restaurant for the night and all of a sudden a big Italian restaurant owner comes out with his Leicester top to show some of his customers and had to go over and get a photo. I'm sure you can guess where we ate that night!

Yep. 

We've met him as well, quite a funny bloke as well?

• Like 1

My brother went Marrakesh recently he said the locals he was knocking about with asked him where he was from, he replied Leicester England they replied where, he replied Leicester City and they were like ohhh yes yes all excited., his words.

• Like 1

There was someone wearing  one in the grounds of the kremlin this week. With Vardy 9 on is back . ??. I know it was me sad but had to be done. The Russian street sellers were all shaking my head and saying what a great team we have . They all loved Vardy. ??

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, waylander said:

There was someone wearing  one in the grounds of the kremlin this week. With Vardy 9 on is back . ??. I know it was me sad but had to be done. The Russian street sellers were all shaking my head and saying what a great team we have . They all loved Vardy. ??

What a strange custom, most people shake hands

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, waylander said:

Hope they all weren't blokes tossing you off unless thats your orientation  :)

• Haha 2

I was in Benidorm the other week with family,

I saw what appeared to be 3 Algerian people(dad and 2 teenage kids)outside a shop,

as the all had Algeria shirts on and I suppose looked Algerian,

so I mentioned Islam slimani(as African cup of nations was on at the time)

and they looked at each other confused,

so I said Riyad Mahrez and there faces lit up,

shown them my Leicester tattoo on me leg and said ‘mahrez Liiistaaa ciiittteeee’ in a pathetic Algerian accent,

and they were buzzing,

all wanting a picture with me? whilst the mrs and kids stood the pissing themselves ??‍♂️

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Have to plead ignorance here as I've never really understood the wearing of football shirts unless you were playing or going to a game.

Any reason why so many people wear them on holidays?

I imagine it’s because they want to

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Have to plead ignorance here as I've never really understood the wearing of football shirts unless you were playing or going to a game.

Any reason why so many people wear them on holidays?

I like to share my LCFC Premier League Champions badges to an international audience, just in case anyone missed it ?