Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

The City shirts on holiday thread 2019

7 minutes ago, Fox_in_a_Box said:

Was in Weymouth over the weekend and our holiday park was full of city shirts. Blue army was in full force.

I stayed in Poole but visited Christchurch for the day, in the car park by the quay about three cars away was a car with a ‘Dont follow me, follow Leicester City’ on the back.

In minehead Butlins, place is heaving with Leicester shirts, makes me laugh how we give each other a polite nod as we walk past each other. Kids went to play football yesterday, the red coat split all the kids into two teams. One completely Leicester the other other argued whether they were going to be Leicester or luton. lol

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Fox1970 said:

I have wondered before what is the geographical cut-off point for acknowledging fellow LCFC fans.

As an example, if you were to see someone in the 19/20 first team shirt in the small Burkino Faso village of Umbojumbo (population 17 and one cow), then you would immediately and with pleasure greet said long-distance supporter in the obscure settlement.

Do the same by the Clock Tower in Leicester and one would be classified (quite correctly)  as utterly barmy.

At one point, at what distance from Leicester (shire) does indifference morph into acceptable pleasurable acknowledgment? 

True, I’ve wondered this myself. Always a bit wary of appearing barmy lol 

8 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I was in Bali for the last month and saw a few shirts. One highlight the hotel porter was a huge fan told me the day we won the league he got sacked from his job behind the bar for spraying champagne! The day we checked out he came to get our bags in his new pink (DH Gate Special I think) shirt under his work uniform!

I didn't realise have being the premier league is out there and unlike us they love an early kick off!

Thats great :appl:

I've been wearing a few of mine over the last few days in gran canaria, seen one or two others too. Lots of Algerians telling me Mahrez is their brother and they love Leicester City. Lots of Spanish recognising the shirts. 

Edited by FoxyJim1987

1 hour ago, Fox1970 said:

I have wondered before what is the geographical cut-off point for acknowledging fellow LCFC fans.

As an example, if you were to see someone in the 19/20 first team shirt in the small Burkino Faso village of Umbojumbo (population 17 and one cow), then you would immediately and with pleasure greet said long-distance supporter in the obscure settlement.

Do the same by the Clock Tower in Leicester and one would be classified (quite correctly)  as utterly barmy.

At one point, at what distance from Leicester (shire) does indifference morph into acceptable pleasurable acknowledgment? 

I'd say outside the county at tourist attractions, and outside the East Midlands anywhere you see them.

Guest Markyblue
45 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

When seeing people in Birmingham, it never fails to make me smile. There’s a fella what lives  near me on has City stuff on. Probably means more because we are better than Villa

Your Cardiff fox, support city and live in Birmingham you are global mate.

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I've been wearing a few of mine over the last few days in gran canaria, seen one or two others too. Lots of Algerians telling me Mahrez is their brother and they love Leicester City. Lots of Spanish recognising the shirts. 

I hope you tell them Mahrez is Rugby player without Lcfc ;)

Edited by nwl fox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

I'd say outside the county at tourist attractions, and outside the East Midlands anywhere you see them.

A fair summary, but I have a caravan in skeg and with it being first week of school holidays in a Leicester hot-spot  i found I didnt bother, or get any nods back. 

The only acknowledge was the "dj" outside the villager in Ingoldmells who commented on my dashing pink shirt over the tannoy. He commented that on the back would be champions followed by relegated 2020.

I settled for giving him the middle finger but have silently vowed to smear him with my own shit next year "if" we miraculously avoid relegation. 

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Haha 1

Was in Nerja a few years ago wearing my Leicester top while searching for a restaurant for the night and all of a sudden a big Italian restaurant owner comes out with his Leicester top to show some of his customers and had to go over and get a photo. I'm sure you can guess where we ate that night!

Edited by Finley Parsons
  • Like 1