Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

57 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

The following season; 20/21... Not as good as the season before but still a quality player just disrupted by injuries.

Not sure id say he was quality then, certainly wasnt as important as Fofana and Evans and had a few clangers thrown in

Edited by South Shire Fox

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Not sure id say he was quality then, certainly wasnt as important as Fofana and Evans and had a few clangers thrown in

He had some clangers in the PL, the West Ham game in particular. 

He was our best centre back in the FA cup though, he was immense in the Quarters, Semis and Final. The games against Man United and Chelsea in particular are arguably his best in a Leicester shirt. 

So now we are going to be in the same league, what sort of reaction do you think our most recently departed players will get?

Tielemans and Maddison especially, are probably not going to get a warm reception when we encounter them.  I think it partly that their personalities can grate and that they had the wrong attitude as we went down.  I've still not really forgiven Maddison for that penalty miss versus Everton.  Shame, really as both had great moments with us.

I think Castagne might get muted polite applause.

I anticipate Barnes might get a good reception*, as he was always mercurial not just when we went down, he's a local lad and he was probably going to be sold whether he wanted to go or not.

*until he scores and gives it the big one

11 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

So now we are going to be in the same league, what sort of reaction do you think our most recently departed players will get?

Tielemans and Maddison especially, are probably not going to get a warm reception when we encounter them.  I think it partly that their personalities can grate and that they had the wrong attitude as we went down.  I've still not really forgiven Maddison for that penalty miss versus Everton.  Shame, really as both had great moments with us.

I anticipate Barnes might get a good reception*, as he was always mercurial not just when we went down, he's a local lad and he was probably going to be sold whether he wanted to go or not.

They'll all get jeered to some extent except for Barnes. Not saying they should (the only ex-player I'd ever boo would be Dennis Wise), but that's what will happen.

• Like 1

Even Mahrez got jeered, I think they all will. I know football is naturally tribal but it always feels like there’s more menace to it than pantomime booing. Never sat comfortably with me. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

I think thats a pretty sad reason to boo someone. Our whole team was riddled with shite penalty takers, Vardy missed one the week after as well as well as numerous shockers in the past. 

Tielemans is a sad one as he should be classed as a legend here for the FA cup. Just a shame he ran his contract down to end up moving to Aston Villa

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

I think thats a pretty sad reason to boo someone. Our whole team was riddled with shite penalty takers, Vardy missed one the week after as well as well as numerous shockers in the past. 

Tielemans is a sad one as he should be classed as a legend here for the FA cup. Just a shame he ran his contract down to end up moving to Aston Villa

Agree. Vardy missed one against West Brom that could have been decisive. 

Just give them muted applause and back our current lads. Apart from Fofana that is, if he ever plays again.

• Like 3

I don't think any players came out of last season with any gloss - I'll be disappointed if anyone boo's Maddison and Tielemans as they're both a part of the FA Cup win which was magical and enough for me to respect them as former players, not boo them just because they no longer play for us. Same goes for Castagne and Barnes and any of the current crop who are leaving on frees this summer, should they come up against us next year.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Castagne and Tielemans need booing all 90. Both utter garbage last season and a huge reason why we got relegated. Yuri’s more lack of effort and Castagne lack in skill. Plus the way he left, acting like he was relieved to get out.

Maddison the media darling won’t get booed and Barnes should not given he didn’t actually want to leave

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

I don't think any players came out of last season with any gloss - I'll be disappointed if anyone boo's Maddison and Tielemans as they're both a part of the FA Cup win which was magical and enough for me to respect them as former players, not boo them just because they no longer play for us. Same goes for Castagne and Barnes and any of the current crop who are leaving on frees this summer, should they come up against us next year.

Maddison didnt really contribute to our FA cup win, he was injured for most of the latter rounds. Definitely should not be booed though.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Corky said:

Barnes will get a good reception. Maddison mixed. Tielemans and Evans booed heavily.

Why would Evans get booed? He was a brilliant signing at £3.5 mil, always look better defensively with him in the side. So many drama queens about

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Why would Evans get booed? He was a brilliant signing at £3.5 mil, always look better defensively with him in the side. So many drama queens about

Including him. Worst club captain of all time. 

• Like 2

Maddison- thought he let us down when we needed him and was never hugely keen, we were a better side when he was dropped at the end of 2021 season and won the fa cup! However, I’ve no interest in booing him, I’ll save that for when Chilwell and Fofana return again. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, KFS said:

Including him. Worst club captain of all time. 

Why was Jonny Evans a drama queen? 😂 Hes 36 years old and been injury prone for years, as shown by how many games hes missed this season. Looks fcked in every game he plays.

32 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Why was Jonny Evans a drama queen? 😂 Hes 36 years old and been injury prone for years, as shown by how many games hes missed this season. Looks fcked in every game he plays.

Have a little listen to Tony Pulis talk about him on Undr The Cosh. Said he’s the biggest fanny going. Out injured when we needed him but magically fit for his sacred United. He’s a weapon 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

After the display at Fulham they deserve everything thats verbaly thrown at them'............. .embarrassing

So do you boo KDH, Daka, Vardy, faes and Ndidi who all played that day. Madders and Barnes got the goals and assists. Vardy missed a penalty ffs. 

moronic. 

• Like 1

Booing ex players is just weird full stop, what does it even achieve? The whole club was rotten last season, and that was down to Brendan Rodgers and Brendan Rodgers alone. He sucked the life out the club, and by the time he went the players were broken. So as much as Youri Tielemans was an aberration and chugging round the pitch half the time, I’ll remember the good times and scoring the winner in the FA Cup was a damn good time

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KFS said:

Have a little listen to Tony Pulis talk about him on Undr The Cosh. Said he’s the biggest fanny going. Out injured when we needed him but magically fit for his sacred United. He’s a weapon 

Hes been injured half the season for Man United and most the games hes played hes come off in? 😂 Dont let facts get in the way of anger though